• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Bill Simmons & Zach Lowe Discuss Upcoming Toronto Raptors Off-season

I'm not opposed to trading DeMar but I would expect a better return than Henderson and #9.

I guess the B.S. Report has multiple meanings?
    A top-10 pick and at least one young prospect, as a minimum starting point, is a pretty decent return for DeRozan (while also keeping all our own draft picks). It also lines up quite well with the discussion that has been going on here at RR for most of the past season.

I would personally hope for either a higher pick or a better prospect (ideally both), but the basic trade idea makes sense (especially if you like Ross and view both Ross & DeRozan as SGs). For this one specific trade, I'd say no and just keep DeRozan.

It would be interesting to go through all the teams with a top-10 pick, to see what similar type trade potential exists (need for a starting scoring wing, cap space or ability to match salary, young prospect to return to Toronto, etc...). I know the Lakers idea has been covered with a thread of its own, and DeRozan is unlikely to land a top 3-5 pick without including other assets (starting with #20), but I'm curious what other teams might at least be intrigued by such a proposal.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Jun 2, 2014, 12:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• magoon
    replied
    I think the difference in Henderson and DeMar's respective games has grown apparent enough that we can say this proposed trade is not very great.

Now, if the proposed trade was DeMar for Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and the #9... that might be worth thinking about.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Bill Simmons is insane if he thinks this is a good trade for us

Henderson is just a worse version of DeMar

Also there is no game changers at the #9 spot
    Wasn't DD a #9 pick?

Wasn't this season rookie of the year selected #11?

Don't get me wrong, I think the trade is not near enough, however, we won't know what this draft produces for a couple of seasons.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    Kyle Lowry won't sign with us is DD is gone .. so

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    This is a perfect example of if enough people say the same thing then it must be true.

I honestly don't know if it is true or not but the only person who knows this for sure is Kyle Lowry.

If his best friend is traded and the team becomes much much better, I would think losing DD is not going to be the end of the world for Lowry and he might even have faith in Masai based on what happened this year.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    Bill Simmons is insane if he thinks this is a good trade for us

Henderson is just a worse version of DeMar

Also there is no game changers at the #9 spot

Leave a comment:

• JordanMariam14
    replied
    Kyle Lowry won't sign with us is DD is gone .. so

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• imanshumpert
    replied
    Henderson really, really just isn't good.and if

He's a solid defender, but the dude is incredibly inefficient offensively despite not even being a high volume player.

Rocking a 50.7% true shooting percentage last year (51% on his career). Doesn't really stand out in any area. Not even an effective role player, an effective role player should have at least one elite skill that defines their role. Henderson doesn't have one, and if you increased his shot attempts to try and make him more of a top scoring option instead, you'd see his TS% in the mid-high 40s.

Do not want/10

Leave a comment:

• imanshumpert
    replied
    Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Really? That's a pretty good return considering you could use the #9 & #20 individually or to move up the draft. Also, Henderson is no slouch.
    #9 and #20 isn't going to move you up more than 2 spots if that.

Not a good trade at all tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Id just like say All-Stars don't grow on trees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• OptimalOptimist
    replied
    I'm strongly opposed to trading DD, argument in the Pacers' mistake thread, but I consider this to be a terrible return. It would be basically 2 role players for one star.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

I'm not opposed to trading DeMar but I would expect a better return than Henderson and #9.

Really? That's a pretty good return considering you could use the #9 & #20 individually or to move up the draft. Also, Henderson is no slouch.

Leave a comment:

• imanshumpert
    replied
    A lot of Raptors fans were saying Henderson was as good as/better than DeMar just a season ago.

How the tide has turned. That being said, don't think I'd do that deal. You don't even save much money since Henderson is owed 6M per over the next two years, and imo #9 isn't high enough to get a real star in this draft.

Leave a comment:

• Employee
    replied
    I didn't hate the idea. I don't think he put a lot of thought into the Henderson stuff it was just an idea and conversation starter. But if you could get Henderson (who's a step down, but not a HUGE step down) plus draft Gordon, Saric, or Stauskas, plus have the 20th pick. It's not the worst situation.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Why does Bill Simmons have credibility again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    started a topic Bill Simmons Blasphemy: DeRozan for Henderson/#9

Bill Simmons Blasphemy: DeRozan for Henderson/#9

Masai is a jedi, he pulls **** off. **** happens with him, he makes teams do things they shouldn’t do.

Him trading DeRozan for something like the #9 pick from Charlotte and Gerald Henderson or someone that doesn’t seem like a good trade on paper but all of a sudden turns out to be better then DeMar and they have the #9 pick on top of that would be something Masai would pull off.

I could see Masai using DeRozan as a trade piece even though he made the all star team and he’s a good player.

I could see Masai turning DeRozan into a trade piece bringing back more assets then he’s worth.

He’s a fascinating asset, he’s been in trade talks before so it wouldn’t be surprising.

He has an okay contract so you can fit him into any deal.

Toronto loves him, he’s a young kid and has great work ethic. He’s a very good player but he isn’t a great player.

He’s a player that some GM’s think he’s better then he really is but he’s young and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if we heard his name in trade talks. This is as high as his trade value is gonna get.

It seems like a very Masai move like what Toronto traded DeMar DeRozan? And all of a sudden you look at the deal and you realize he did it again.

Whatever deal Masai does, it won’t be with the Knicks i’ll tell you that much. Toronto could offer a deal to the Knicks that’s terrible for Toronto but James Dolan would be like no not him, i’m not dealing with him again, hang up.

http://nilsenreport.ca/2014/06/01/bi...rs-off-season/

Then there is another interpretation which sounds a little more accurate:

DanH wrote: View Post
    I think everyone here is completely misinterpreting what Simmons said. He is intentionally choosing a player who is clearly lesser than DD, and says that's the sort of move Masai makes, where he trades for a lesser player, gets picks, and then suddenly the lesser player is a superstar because Masai is just awesome. He in no way is suggesting Henderson and #9 would be a fair return - he's saying it's a trade you'd question (like the Rudy Gay trade) until for some reason the team wins 50 games.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...507#post340507
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Jun 2, 2014, 01:07 PM.
Working...
X