Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Yes. For a Big Mac and small fries.....it's an overpay

Now that the Raps aren't the "hot item" like last year, do we see less of Drake?
    For your sake I'd like to say "yes" but the answer is no. Despite his explosion in the playoffs, he wasn't around in the regular season as much as he had been in the past. This year is the Championship celebration season. He stay (too soon?)

Does anyone remember Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is on this team? If so, does he average 10/5 or better?

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post

For your sake I'd like to say "yes" but the answer is no. Despite his explosion in the playoffs, he wasn't around in the regular season as much as he had been in the past. This year is the Championship celebration season. He stay (too soon?)

Does anyone remember Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is on this team? If so, does he average 10/5 or better?
      I had forgotten until you said it. His career average is 10pts/6 boards, he should be able to get that this year too. He doesn't shoot though, therefore provides no spacing, so he doesn't strike me as a Nick Nurse type of guy, but he'll bring energy and some defensive toughness.

The main 7 guys to be the backbone of the rotation will likely be Lowry-Norm-OG-Siakam-Gasol-Ibaka-FVV. Who do you think will be the 8/9/10 spots?
      (I think it will be Thomas/Rondae/Stanley Johnson, but way too early to tell)

Comment

Nope. Totally fucking forgot. LOL I think Stanley Johnson takes his minutes, with OG being a revelation and nabbing MIP, so I'm going to say no to the second question.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post

I had forgotten until you said it. His career average is 10pts/6 boards, he should be able to get that this year too. He doesn't shoot though, therefore provides no spacing, so he doesn't strike me as a Nick Nurse type of guy, but he'll bring energy and some defensive toughness.

The main 7 guys to be the backbone of the rotation will likely be Lowry-Norm-OG-Siakam-Gasol-Ibaka-FVV. Who do you think will be the 8/9/10 spots?
          (I think it will be Thomas/Rondae/Stanley Johnson, but way too early to tell)
          I think 8,9,10 will be pretty much as you said, (but not in that order.)

RHJ and Johnson seem like pretty sure things to me, as far as getting minutes.

The battle for 10 will be at SG between Thomas, Davis and McCaw. My hope is that one of Thomas or Davis wows us.

The nice thing between those 5 players is that it's really wide open and they'll have to produce to get playing time. Think there'll be a short leash but still opportunity given. The competition Masai has set up stands to benefit us, to my mind.

Does Chris Boucher finally put something together enough to get some consistent(ish) minutes and mess up that 8,9,10 scenario?

Comment

Let's get back on track shall we?

Yup, RHJ is going to make the rotation and will average better than 10/5, especially if OG gets out of the gate slowly.

Is the 2019/2020 Raptors roster better or worse than any of the DeMar lead teams?

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

Let's get back on track shall we?

Yup, RHJ is going to make the rotation and will average better than 10/5, especially if OG gets out of the gate slowly.

Is the 2019/2020 Raptors roster better or worse than any of the DeMar lead teams?
              Worse from a total wins perspective

Who are the two teams in the 2020 NBA finals?

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Worse from a total wins perspective

Who are the two teams in the 2020 NBA finals?
                Bucks vs Lakers. I don't understand why people keeps underestimating LeBron James lol. He now has Anthony Davis on his team.

When does training camp start?
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

Bucks vs Lakers. I don't understand why people keeps underestimating LeBron James lol. He now has Anthony Davis on his team.

Understand now?

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Understand now?

Listen, Kawhi's my guy. He's the GROAT. But LeBron is LeBron. For the first time in his career he now has a legit top 5 player on his team in Anthony Davis.

I have a lot of hot takes about the Clippers but I don't want to derail this thread. (Clippers are overrated).
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

Media Day is Saturday (the 28th).. training camp officially starts the day after (the 29th).

This is Vince's swan song apparently. Does he get any kind of gift/special treatment from the Raptors in his last game here in Toronto (Apr 10) before he hangs it up officially?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Media Day is Saturday (the 28th).. training camp officially starts the day after (the 29th).

This is Vince's swan song apparently. Does he get any kind of gift/special treatment from the Raptors in his last game here in Toronto (Apr 10) before he hangs it up officially?
                        He's already had it. Please Masai, let it die.....
                        Having said that, if the Raps get off to a rough start or look like they're going to end up with lower seating for the post season, I wouldn't put it past them to dredge up some fake nostalgia thing all over again to distract from the new reality.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Yes, Vince gets a framed picture of our championship victory and a set of steak knives.

On a side note, I expect RHJ and Stanley Johnson to be the source of much hair pulling this year. Both guys are athletic but have terrible decision making... could be a case of Good Joey/Bad Joey (Graham) for both of them.

Who has the best season of these three players and in what order: Norm, Fred, OG?

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Yes, Vince gets a framed picture of our championship victory and a set of steak knives.

On a side note, I expect RHJ and Stanley Johnson to be the source of much hair pulling this year. Both guys are athletic but have terrible decision making... could be a case of Good Joey/Bad Joey (Graham) for both of them.

Who has the best season of these three players and in what order: Norm, Fred, OG?
                            I think all three will have great years and make significant improvements, but I feel Norm has had the opportunity to have an impact, and then see his usage diminish because of poor decision making and drifting focus on D. All he has to do is look at tape of his past play to realize that most of his bouts of ineffectiveness were due to poor thinking. I think his focus improves and his understanding of exactly how he can help the team become a lot more clear to him this season. And that multiplies his utility and production.

Go Norm.

How many minutes a game does Matt Thomas get, averaged over the season?

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

I think all three will have great years and make significant improvements, but I feel Norm has had the opportunity to have an impact, and then see his usage diminish because of poor decision making and drifting focus on D. All he has to do is look at tape of his past play to realize that most of his bouts of ineffectiveness were due to poor thinking. I think his focus improves and his understanding of exactly how he can help the team become a lot more clear to him this season. And that multiplies his utility and production.

Go Norm.

How many minutes a game does Matt Thomas get, averaged over the season?
                              I think he'll be in the rotation, but as the 8th-9th man range, so I'm gonna guess around 10min. I think the nice thing about him is he provides some offensive balance and spacing on a team that has become very defence-focused (which of course in of itself is not a bad thing). RHJ, Staley Johnson and the Davis kid are all awesome defensively, but fairly limited in terms of shooting. You gotta have some offensive firepower and put the ball in the bucket too on the second unit, and I think that's where he'll earn his keep.

Will we ever see a lineup of Lowry-OG-Siakam-Ibaka-Gasol or is that too big with limited ball-handling? I think that with Siakam now being able to bring the ball up/handle, plus Gasol also running things on the high post and of course the Lowry-Ibaka pnr I think this would be surprisingly versatile on offence but more importatly awesome and extremely long and switchy defensively. Or if not that long altogether, will we see more of Ibaka-Gasol sharing the court?
                              Last edited by inthepaint; Sun Sep 29, 2019, 03:19 PM.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post

I think he'll be in the rotation, but as the 8th-9th man range, so I'm gonna guess around 10min. I think the nice thing about him is he provides some offensive balance and spacing on a team that has become very defence-focused (which of course in of itself is not a bad thing). RHJ, Staley Johnson and the Davis kid are all awesome defensively, but fairly limited in terms of shooting. You gotta have some offensive firepower and put the ball in the bucket too on the second unit, and I think that's where he'll earn his keep.

Will we ever see a lineup of Lowry-OG-Siakam-Ibaka-Gasol or is that too big with limited ball-handling? I think that with Siakam now being able to bring the ball up/handle, plus Gasol also running things on the high post and of course the Lowry-Ibaka pnr I think this would be surprisingly versatile on offence but more importatly awesome and extremely long and switchy defensively. Or if not that long altogether, will we see more of Ibaka-Gasol sharing the court?
                                The Lowry/OG/Siakam/Serge/Gasol lineup should absolutely be given a shot. We might struggle with dribble penetration but that lineup will likely be our best against some teams, namely Philly. It'd be great to get some run in for that lineup.

Does Kyle make the all-star team?

Comment

Working...
                                X