Question & Answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great One wrote: View Post

Listen, Kawhi's my guy. He's the GROAT. But LeBron is LeBron. For the first time in his career he now has a legit top 5 player on his team in Anthony Davis.

I have a lot of hot takes about the Clippers but I don't want to derail this thread. (Clippers are overrated).
    holy revisionist history. wade was the second best player in the league in 09-10, inarguably in the top 5, and probably better than davis is now.

that season he went for 27/5/7 and finished second to lebron in PER, box +/-, offensive box+/-, and value over replacement player. he was also 4th in win shares and 3rd in win shares per 48.

never forget how historically lebron stacked those decks in 2010 because bosh was also a top10-12 player in his prime. the way he's manufactured his success by continually doing that at every stop since to only come out with a 3 and 6 record in his 9 finals appearance, with a POP brainfart and a curry injury+NBA meddling combo stopping him from going 1 and 8, is why i think he's historically overrated.

Comment

chris wrote: View Post

holy revisionist history. wade was the second best player in the league in 09-10, inarguably in the top 5, and probably better than davis is now.

that season he went for 27/5/7 and finished second to lebron in PER, box +/-, offensive box+/-, and value over replacement player. he was also 4th in win shares and 3rd in win shares per 48.

never forget how historically lebron stacked those decks in 2010 because bosh was also a top10-12 player in his prime. the way he's manufactured his success by continually doing that at every stop since to only come out with a 3 and 6 record in his 9 finals appearance, with a POP brainfart and a curry injury+NBA meddling combo stopping him from going 1 and 8, is why i think he's historically overrated.
      Wade was never a top 5 player in basketball.

Stop derailing the thread.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post

The Lowry/OG/Siakam/Serge/Gasol lineup should absolutely be given a shot. We might struggle with dribble penetration but that lineup will likely be our best against some teams, namely Philly. It'd be great to get some run in for that lineup.

Does Kyle make the all-star team?
        Kyle gets voted in again by the coaches. Does “the great one” aka Trex make any sense this year?

Comment

The Lowry/OG/Siakam/Serge/Gasol lineup should absolutely be given a shot. We might struggle with dribble penetration but that lineup will likely be our best against some teams, namely Philly. It'd be great to get some run in for that lineup.

Does Kyle make the all-star team?
          Pains me to say it..but Kyle won’t make the ASG this year.

God I hope he proves me wrong.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Theres not that many Guard in the east that are locks. Kemba. Kyrie, and Beal are probably front runners. Then you have 3 open spots. Oladipo going to miss the beginning or season so he may not have enough time to make it. So your down to guys like bledsoe, brogdon, simmions lowry and maybe some random guy who has a break out year. I think he still has a very good chance.
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Oh, he’s making it mf’s.

Who’s mostly likely to impress for us on the 905 level this year.. we’ve had great success with guys developing and thriving on that level prior to becoming utilized in the NBA. (Ok... maybe not you Lorenzo.)

Who’s dominating there this year?

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                Oh, he’s making it mf’s.

Who’s mostly likely to impress for us on the 905 level this year.. we’ve had great success with guys developing and thriving on that level prior to becoming utilized in the NBA. (Ok... maybe not you Lorenzo.)

Cam Payne is going to get his jersey retired by the 905. But someone who can more realistically be a real prospect i think dewan hernadez will be a beast and terrance davis when he gets chances to go down will drop 25-30 points regularly.
                Who is going to be this year Pistions? The team that just seems to have the raptors number and pull wins out of their asses?
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Which part will hold him back: the increased usage or the championship swagger?

Comment

Oh, he’s making it mf’s.

Konate

https://twitter.com/sagaba50/status/...219366400?s=21

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

Perhaps load management.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

Perhaps load management.
                        Load management might actually help his chances.

I think he has a shot at averaging a double double. He wasn't far off it last season.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

I think what’s holding him back is the fact that people have put a hard ceiling on the post Kawhi Raptors as a 4-8 seed. They won’t really be paying attention and even if the Raptors are fighting for a top 3 seed no one will give them a chance in the playoffs because Kawhi left. Reputation plays somewhat of a role here and the general NBA community will be very dismissive of any success we have because they don’t give us a shot.

Coaches probably like him and he’s a veteran now so I think he’ll get the benefit of the doubt and ultimately get in but it’s more than just production.

Comment

I think what’s holding him back is the fact that people have put a hard ceiling on the post Kawhi Raptors as a 4-8 seed. They won’t really be paying attention and even if the Raptors are fighting for a top 3 seed no one will give them a chance in the playoffs because Kawhi left. Reputation plays somewhat of a role here and the general NBA community will be very dismissive of any success we have because they don’t give us a shot.

Coaches probably like him and he’s a veteran now so I think he’ll get the benefit of the doubt and ultimately get in but it’s more than just production.
                            Lots of guys make the all star team on shit teams.

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Cam Payne is going to get his jersey retired by the 905. But someone who can more realistically be a real prospect i think dewan hernadez will be a beast and terrance davis when he gets chances to go down will drop 25-30 points regularly.

Who is going to be this year Pistions? The team that just seems to have the raptors number and pull wins out of their asses?
                              I think Berta had an actual question here...

any takers??

Comment

I think Berta had an actual question here...

any takers??
                                Sorry but it's the Clippers. Both teams played hard but Kawhi gives Toronto the dagger more than once.

Who's the 2019-20 COY?
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X