Demar vs. Bledsoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bledsoe is the better player.

But I am not convinced that Bledsoe is the better player for the Raptors, and I don't think that we would have achieved as much as we really did had we traded Derozan for Bledsoe.

Bledsoe is thriving in the Sun's run and gun style of play. He and Dragic work very well together in the open floor, and both have the ability to knock down shots and make plays for others.

Derozan seems to thrive in the open court as well, but with the Raptors slower style of play, he really does play at his best when coming off of screens and cutting to the basket.
    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

It's hard to say, because I think a DD for Bledsoe swap last summer would have set off a chain of events that would have drastically altered the past season in Toronto. The Rudy Gay trade would have likely still happened, and it probably would have set up a Lowry trade as well. Potentially even more players (Amir) could have been moved, and we could easily have been looking at the complete rebuild that many were pining for last summer.

So without a doubt the last 5 months would not have been nearly as enjoyable, but we could be looking at a top five pick right now with some more draft picks/prospects/cap room collected during the process.

I wrote all of this to say that I don't know.

Comment

Easier to find a PG in this league than a 6'7 SG, so DD

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
          It's hard to say, because I think a DD for Bledsoe swap last summer would have set off a chain of events that would have drastically altered the past season in Toronto. The Rudy Gay trade would have likely still happened, and it probably would have set up a Lowry trade as well. Potentially even more players (Amir) could have been moved, and we could easily have been looking at the complete rebuild that many were pining for last summer.

So without a doubt the last 5 months would not have been nearly as enjoyable, but we could be looking at a top five pick right now with some more draft picks/prospects/cap room collected during the process.

I wrote all of this to say that I don't know.
          The Bledsoe trade wouldn't have signalled rebuild doe, Erik and demar are the same age. I think we would have see a. Two guard lineup with lowry and Bledsoe with gay and Amir still on the roster. Unless of course we sucked, then rudy is gone and maybe we get mclemore instead of Vasquez in the gay deal.

Anything could have happened basically. We could have gone full rebuild after starting off really bad or we could have been solid like Phoenix was with the 2 guard lineup
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
            Easier to find a PG in this league than a 6'7 SG, so DD

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
            eh for me, there's three positions in the NBA: PG, Wing, Forward.

And the problem with a 6'7 SG who's not uber quick is you can put your long 3s on him, and he almost seems undersized.
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X