No announcement yet.

Everything NBA CHAMPION TORONTO RAPTORS Training Camp / Preseason - 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My analysis: Other than OG and Thomas, all these scrubs can't play.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      My analysis: Other than OG and Thomas, all these scrubs can't play.
      Can't play the Raptors system.

standards are much lower in two thirds of the league.

if you want to play on this team, play right.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
        McCaw, Payne, and SJ are truly awful. Boucher is pretty bad (can't rebound to save his life) and malcolm miller is only ok. Dewan Hernandez, OG, and Matt Thomas look great. Good to know we have options if tanking is the route we go.
        One problem is that it's hard to evaluate scrubs when you play them all together. You put Fred and Norm out there with those guys and they're going to look pretty bad too.... we've seen that many times.

Comment

• I can’t help but think... “how the hell are there still three and a half minutes left in this game?”

Comment

• missed the end of the game. saw that Konate got in there. did he look ok?

Comment

• Boucher was horrendous too. I mean, honestly, if he's not Canadian, would we even be talkin about him? he didn't care to suit up for Canada a month ago. So who cares that he's Canadian. I say waive him.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                missed the end of the game. saw that Konate got in there. did he look ok?
                he looked like he had baby deer legs
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Was the second half really that bad? The first half wasnt good basketball, but it seemed mostly due to a huge difference in familiarity ... and playing with at least 1 scrub at all times. I liked what I saw from OG, Thomas, Miller and Boucher - they all seem like potential rotation players. McCaw and RHJ are tbd, I dont trust them but I think theyll each have a moment this year. Great flashes from Hernandez and Davis, they will be great after a year on the 905s. Everyone else is either unknown or a scrub.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    liked the 1st q defense
                    I thought it was really quite good. Who, aside from Raptor fans, even knows the names of these players? Chicago isn't expected to go anywhere, but they ARE an NBA team.
                    Last edited by Puffer; Sun Oct 13, 2019, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Payne is terrible. Like super selfish and a really ugly lefty shot. I will be pissed if he makes it.

RHJ and Johnson have not impressed but hopefully they start to play more within themselves as they both have NBA bodies.

Boucher and Davis looked like they were trying to showcase their skillset too much and were making mistakes because they were rushing/forcing the issue.

Hernandez impressed me with his passing ability; it will do wonders for him to hang around with Gasol every day in practice.

OG looks to have realized that he is stronger than most of the guys that play his ability. He got into the paint pretty easy by laying a body on someone. If he starts to get Siakam's touch around the rim, he should be able to keep defences honest.

McCaw looked bad.

Thomas looks to be a little nervous finally playing in the NBA, but his shot is smooth.

Looking forward to the season.

Comment

• Most of the guys who played last night are going to be playing limited minutes throughout the season alongside the starters or the best bench guys. Having them out there as a unit is always going to work against them. Throw in the Tokyo trip, the fact that its still preseason and you have a recipe for exactly what happened last night.

Comment

• Based on past and preseason performance (and not name recognition), I would distribute these guys in these four categories

1. Make the rotation: Thomas, Davis and Boucher (will round up a 10-man rotation with the top 7). Boucher will see the floor only on load management nights of Serge & Gasol, and on blowouts.

2. Make the team but not the rotation (unless there's injuries): Hernandez (May see the floor as C vs bigger bodies Boucher can't handle on the glass), Rondae, Miller, McCaw, SJ (barely)

3. Make it as 2-ways: Konate & Brisset (both raw, but serviceable and able to grow their game in the 905)

4. Waived: Payne, Robison, Taylor

McCaw and SJ have had a terrible pre-season. McCaw through 3 games is now tallying 58 minutes and a grand total of 2 buckets.

SJ doesn't look like an NBA player on offence. Forces his game into the paint without an outlet pass option, no court vision, unable to finish inside, unable to shoot from outside, doesn't cut to the basket (at least McCaw does that), doesn't set screens or take advantage of screens, doesn't look for position on the offensive glass, doesn't move without the ball, and has a slow release. The one thing he has it going for him is his age and speed/athleticism, but he's got a long way to go. He's the type of player that would have benefited from a good development program right on his rookie year, but was drafted high, so was thrown out there right from day 1, and now his game is out of wack. May be salvageable but it will take a lot of work from him and from the team

Comment

• I don’t like making hot takes in preseason but OG needs to be traded!!!! Or reduce his role down to what he had in his rookie year. But my personal recommendation is trade him.

We have too many point guards on this team Lowry, Fred, Davis, Mccaw.

last but not least I honestly and truely think goals and Ibaka should start together I seen nothing that shows me from the playoff run there is any major weakness and if there is we should find it now.

offense need to run through Gasol and pascal.

I want to see a McCaw at point Davis and 2 line up.

last hot take Matt Thomas should start!!! I just want to see it.

Lowry Thomas pascal Ibaka Gasol and watch Thomas just run threw screen after screen after screen.

Comment

• What? Davis looked TERRIBLE yesterday. He looked ok against the Rockets scrubs in Tokyo. But against LEGIT NBA guards that the Bulls suited up yesterday(LaVine, White)...Davis looked like a D-Leaguer.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Ugh, well, if so, it will be one Nurse that he's not maximizing the effectiveness of his players. Nurse should be slotting guys into roles that make sense for them even if he does change the specific lineups.
                                Well, if Powell wants to be a limited role player playing restricted minutes in specific lineups this works great. If you want him to be a secondary scoring option and the starting two guard, which I thought was the point, then this doesn’t work.

Comment

Working...
                                X