Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Boom shakalaka

Nick Nurse droppin the heat.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
        Boom shakalaka

That's championship coach clout. Nick would have never said a quote like that last training camp, whether true or not. Love it. We're in the era now where you gotta make this team, and buy in to the culture. We're not begging any role players to come play here
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Man, not surprising with those two knuckleheads, but disappointing. You hope that low BBIQ guys can get their shit together in a new environment with a golden opportunity, but some people just don't change.

Glad to see Nurse bring out the hammer.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              They see me trolllinnnnnn they hatin
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Boom shakalaka

Hell yeah Nick, that's what I like to hear. If people aren't doing what they need to do then bench them until they figure it out
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Boom shakalaka

That's why Nick is a championship coach.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• SJ has not looked good at all in the preseason games I've seen. I'm hoping Nurse's message is loud and clear. I believe he has a player option for next year, so we could be stuck with him for at least two years unless Masai/Bobby can do their magic and hoodwink someone.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      SJ has not looked good at all in the preseason games I've seen. I'm hoping Nurse's message is loud and clear. I believe he has a player option for next year, so we could be stuck with him for at least two years unless Masai/Bobby can do their magic and hoodwink someone.
                      He has shown that he has some tools. Maybe he read too much of the preseason hype. Here's hoping dude can figure it out.

Comment

• Comment

Damn, I thought he would make an impact. Of course, they may still be able to offer him a position on the 905 and help develop him in their system.

Comment

• So the locks are: Lowry, Siakam, Marc, Serge, Fred, Norm, OG, McCaw, RHJ and SJ
                            Likely to be on the team: Thomas, Boucher, Miller, Hernandez, T. Davis.
                            Question Marks: Payne, Robinson, Brissett, Taylor

Are we going to have 15 spots and 2 two-ways?

Frankly I'd go with the core 10 + Miller, Boucher, Thomas, and one of Dewan/Davis. Than have the other as an official 2-way contract. Go with 14 players into the season (ie, the minimum) and waive the rest. Nobody has looked good from that bunch IMO. If we had to pick one, I guess I'd go with Robinson.

Comment

• I noticed nicks hasnt been giving stanley and RHJ much playing time. I thought it might be cause there roster spots were locked and he was letting others earn a spot. But i guess he really doesn't trust them, they may find themselves at the end of the bench come regular season if they can't get it together.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

So the locks are: Lowry, Siakam, Marc, Serge, Fred, Norm, OG, McCaw, RHJ and SJ
                                Likely to be on the team: Thomas, Boucher, Miller, Hernandez, T. Davis.
                                Question Marks: Payne, Robinson, Brissett, Taylor

Are we going to have 15 spots and 2 two-ways?

Frankly I'd go with the core 10 + Miller, Boucher, Thomas, and one of Dewan/Davis. Than have the other as an official 2-way contract. Go with 14 players into the season (ie, the minimum) and waive the rest. Nobody has looked good from that bunch IMO. If we had to pick one, I guess I'd go with Robinson.
                                I suspect they will go with 15 plus 2 two-ways. If they need a spot later they can always waive a player at that point, and in the meantime they are running a pretty cheap roster by their recent standards, little cost to holding onto guys.

Brissett seems sure to take one of the 2-ways. I thought Konate would get the other, but I guess his health isn't where it needs to be so they are giving him his 50k bonus and a year in the 905 to rehab. Ideally the other 2-way would go to Taylor, as that would give them cheap PG depth in the minors and let them waive Payne, keeping both Miller and Boucher (the two other bubble guys). But Taylor may not be interested in a 2-way deal, in which case they either keep him on the roster for PG depth or do so with Payne, in which case one of Boucher or Miller get cut. Have to think RHJ and SJ are locks to stick even with their lacklustre play. Similarly, Davis, Thomas and Hernandez seem like absolute locks to stick.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X