Chandler Parsons.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaking of Omer Asik...Charlotte should make a play for him
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      i like parsons but he's a below average defender and opposite teams' wings would drop 30+ on the regular. i mean, he's got the TOOLS to play D and be good at it but he just doesn't. maybe casey could ram it into his head? i dunno.
      How on earth does Parsons have the "tools" to play good D? He's tall, but he has no length whatsoever (wingspan is shorter than his height in shoes, that blows by NBA standards). He's also not very laterally quick and isn't really a very good athlete.

Parsons is a below-average/average defensive player and isn't likely to improve in that area because he doesn't have the physical tools to do so. This is precisely why he's not worth 11/12M a year like a guy like Batum (who is elite defensively).

Comment

A guy averaging almost 17 points, 6 rebounds and 4 assists on a team that include Howard and Harden should at least be considered an option, ain't it?

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          Yeah, otherwise they'd have to compete against the open market next year without the opportunity to match contracts and go over the cap. I think you're right ebrian.
          This only makes sense if Houston and Chandler have already negotiated his salary. But it must come with a discount to his actual open market value, or why would Houston lose-out on having a below $1 mil starter next year? A lucrative free agent offer may change his mind, because like they say, NBA is a big business...

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
            How on earth does Parsons have the "tools" to play good D? He's tall, but he has no length whatsoever (wingspan is shorter than his height in shoes, that blows by NBA standards). He's also not very laterally quick and isn't really a very good athlete.

Parsons is a below-average/average defensive player and isn't likely to improve in that area because he doesn't have the physical tools to do so. This is precisely why he's not worth 11/12M a year like a guy like Batum (who is elite defensively).
            He can play much better defense, we know it because he did play much better defense during his rookie year. His defense seems to decline every year so far. Maybe he just doesn't have the conditioning or mindset to play a big role on both ends on such a high pace team. He often looks like the worst defender on the Rockets lineup. He may not get much negative attention because Harden is such an easy target, Harden is an all star and a max player while Parsons is a minimum salary player, but Parsons is often worse than Harden. He looked much better (defensively) during his rookie year.

He does have solid tools, I think. I think he has good quickness, and based on predraft numbers his wingspan is the same as Landry Fields'. He may not have Paul George caliber physical tools, but he has no excuse for not being pretty good.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
              He can play much better defense, we know it because he did play much better defense during his rookie year. His defense seems to decline every year so far. Maybe he just doesn't have the conditioning or mindset to play a big role on both ends on such a high pace team. He often looks like the worst defender on the Rockets lineup. He may not get much negative attention because Harden is such an easy target, Harden is an all star and a max player while Parsons is a minimum salary player, but Parsons is often worse than Harden. He looked much better (defensively) during his rookie year.

He does have solid tools, I think. I think he has good quickness, and based on predraft numbers his wingspan is the same as Landry Fields'. He may not have Paul George caliber physical tools, but he has no excuse for not being pretty good.
              He did give that game winning shot to Lollards in the playoffs sooo
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Chandler's priced out of our range. I'm not interested.

I'd love him for <7 mill, which I know could never, ever happen.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

dzoni71 wrote: View Post
                  This only makes sense if Houston and Chandler have already negotiated his salary. But it must come with a discount to his actual open market value, or why would Houston lose-out on having a below $1 mil starter next year? A lucrative free agent offer may change his mind, because like they say, NBA is a big business...
                  they're doing it so they can negotiate while he's a restricted free agent. if they hold on to him next year, he becomes unrestricted. he wouldn't necessarily prevent them from going after another star either since his cap hold is low, and they could sign him with bird rights after they get their third star.

it's a tricky move that twitter and forums will think is genius, but I don't think it's moves like that that make a good gm (it doesn't hurt, but it's a tiny drop in the bucket)
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Chandelr Parsons

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/0...une-4/#rockets

should definitely try to get him! may not be possible without throwing crazy money at him... but worth a try

Comment

Chances of Parsons leaving Houston 0.0001%

Parsons has repeatedly said he loves it there and wants to stay there. He was the main recruiter for Dwight Howard selling on the future and youth of their team. If they somehow get the star they want this summer, why on earth would he leave ?

Houston declined the option, not because they don't want him, but because they want him. Option 1 was pay him for very cheap for one more year but risk loosing him to Unrestricted Free Agency or Option 2 Start paying him what he deserves right away but guarantee he stays with the team minimum 3 more years. They chose option 2.

Free agency Parsons' cap hold is nothing, Asik & Lin can be dumped easily for a 2nd rounder, they haven't been traded yet because Morey (GM) had the delusion he could get a 2014 lottery pick for them. Regardless if Parson signs a Max contract this summer it doesn't affect the cap room. between July 1st and i think but not sure its 10 days, the contract are only agreements, thats when offers can be withdrawn, it doesn't become official until the 10 day moratorium is over and then the team has 3 days to match. So basically as long as Houston's superstar target makes up his mind within 12 days, Parson doesn't count for more then 2 million.
                      If they don't succeed in convincing players to come to houston this summer they will most likely be over the cap next year with parsons pay raise and other players under contract, so wether they pay him 10 million or 15 million starting next year they'll have to rely on sign & Trade and how much they pay him only affects the owner.

So Parsons stays in houston unless the owner doesn't want him in Houston, efforts & thoughts should be focused elsewhere.

Comment

Lowry/Vasquez
                        Derozan/Vasquez
                        Chandler/Ross
                        Amir/Patterson
                        Val/Amir

Thats an awesome 8-man rotation.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

We should get a thread started for Chandelier Parsons too...

Comment

Will not have the money to get him after all the money we will be paying Lowry, Vasq, 2Pat and Amir ...

Comment

Maybe after we land Kevin Love and KD, we can also try to get Parson as well. I have my trust on MU ... He is the guy who got us 2Pat after all.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
                                So Parsons stays in houston unless the owner doesn't want him in Houston, efforts & thoughts should be focused elsewhere.
                                While I like Chandler Parsons a lot I do think you are right on your points re acquisition. There is another SF Chandler who would be a very good fit as well imo...Wilson Chandler of the Nuggets.

Comment

Working...
                                X