Chandler Parsons.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendit wrote: View Post
    While I like Chandler Parsons a lot I do think you are right on your points re acquisition. There is another SF Chandler who would be a very good fit as well imo...Wilson Chandler of the Nuggets.
    Probably a better fit than Parsons for the Raps. Parsons isn't the answer for the Raps. What can he bring to the table that's so much more appealing than what Ross provides? He has more length perhaps, or height at least, but I doubt it would help him defend SF's better than Ross. Offensively, Ross has the tools to be just as effective as Parsons, and I would say even more diversified. I don't think Parsons moves the needle enough for the money he may have to be paid.

Comment

http://www.hoop365.com/nba/western-c...e-overpayment/

Relevant article regarding Parsons by Mark Deeks.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
        Probably a better fit than Parsons for the Raps. Parsons isn't the answer for the Raps. What can he bring to the table that's so much more appealing than what Ross provides? He has more length perhaps, or height at least, but I doubt it would help him defend SF's better than Ross. Offensively, Ross has the tools to be just as effective as Parsons, and I would say even more diversified. I don't think Parsons moves the needle enough for the money he may have to be paid.
        Parsons' passing is a gift. Ross doesn't have it. Parsons is a very smart player. I think offensively he fits the team very well. I'd love to have him, despite his subpar defense.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          http://www.hoop365.com/nba/western-c...e-overpayment/

Relevant article regarding Parsons by Mark Deeks.
          Another one by Zach Lowe about the domino game that Parson's option getting turned down was part of. Friggin Houston, man.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ch...e-of-dominoes/
          @Boymusic66

Comment

I still think that we should help facilitate Asik/Lin off the Books, or Boozer.

Or hell, all 3 if it's somehow humanely possible, lol.

Would MLSE pay the Tax for 1-Year, take on shitty contracts, for some draft picks?

That way we can watch Chicago and Houston bid against each other, haha.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
              He can play much better defense, we know it because he did play much better defense during his rookie year. His defense seems to decline every year so far. Maybe he just doesn't have the conditioning or mindset to play a big role on both ends on such a high pace team. He often looks like the worst defender on the Rockets lineup. He may not get much negative attention because Harden is such an easy target, Harden is an all star and a max player while Parsons is a minimum salary player, but Parsons is often worse than Harden. He looked much better (defensively) during his rookie year.

He does have solid tools, I think. I think he has good quickness, and based on predraft numbers his wingspan is the same as Landry Fields'. He may not have Paul George caliber physical tools, but he has no excuse for not being pretty good.
              this, basically.

mentally, he just doesn't seem to concentrate very hard on defense. then again, i can't remember a Mchale coached team that did.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                We should get a thread started for Chandelier Parsons too...
                Haha I thought the exact same thing.

Chandelier Parsons: a really bright player offensively but just kind of hangs out on the defensive end.
                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                X