Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 Draft

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2009 Draft

    I think 5 years in the league is fair enough to evaluate a player and where he would go in the draft.
    The 2009 draft class was stacked and extremely underrated probably a top 10 draft class of all time.
    Where would Demar go if we had to the draft all over again? The raptors took Demar with the 9th pick by the way.
    Other players in this draft:
    -Steph Curry
    -James Harden
    -Brandon Jennings
    -Blake Griffin
    -Ty Lawson
    -Jrue Holiday
    -Hasheem Thabeet and Johnny Flynn
    -Taj Gibson
    -Tyreke Evans
    -Ricky Rubio
    -Gerald Henderson
    -Jeff Teague
    and some significant role players: Psycho T, Darren Collison, James Johnson, Patrick Beverley, Patty Mills, Jonas Jerebko, Nando De Colo, Austin Daye(LOL), Dejuan Blair, Wayne Ellington, Jodie Meeks, Marcus Thorton, Chase Budinger and Toney Douglas
    29
    1-3
    10.34%
    3
    4-9
    86.21%
    25
    10-14
    0.00%
    0
    Outside Lottery but still a First Rounder
    0.00%
    0
    Second Rounder (Blasphemy)
    0.00%
    0
    Undrafted (Demar haters it's your time to shine)
    3.45%
    1
    #BringBackUzoh

  • #2
    Curry, Griffin, Harden
    Lawson, Holiday, DeMar

    He's in that 2nd tier and would probably go between 4 and 6, depending on what a team needs.

    Still, 5 years is a lot but it can change. Rubio and Tyreke both still have enough talent to end up in an all star game one day.

    Comment


    • #3
      Probably 4/5 based on need.

      I got from 1-6:
      Griffey (3asily still the best)
      Harden (could switch with curry depending on need)
      Curry (same as harden)
      Derozan (could switch with Lawson depending on need)
      Lawson (same as demar)
      Holiday (solid 6 pick)
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

      Comment


      • #4
        Based on what teams are today and what they know of the players now,
        I think it would go:

        LAC - Griffin
        MEM - Harden(they had Conley already)
        OKC - DeRozan(Would they have drafted Curry as BPA even with RW?)
        SAC - Curry
        MIN - They would probably draft 3 PG's in the top 18 picks if they could... Oh Wait. Ok Jrue Holiday, the one they didn't get!
        MIN - Taj Gibson
        GSW - Tyreke
        NYK - Jennings (That 52 point game early in his career solidifies this pick)
        TOR - Ty Lawson

        I wasn't sure on the premise of this thread, so I kinda made my own rules based on what I think teams would have done if they knew where each player would be at today in his career(Obviously it would turn out different if they had been selected by different teams).

        A DeMar/Durant combo would be dirrrrrrrrrrrrrrty, make it happen Masaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
        The Double Champ is here!
        Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
        Raptors: Larry O'Brien

        Comment


        • #5
          Harden, Curry, Griffin clearly go before him in some order.

          Gibson, Lawson, Holiday are about equal to him in value depending on the team.

          everyone else is not as good or valuable as he is.

          so 4-7

          Comment


          • #6
            Dino4life wrote: View Post
            Harden, Curry, Griffin clearly go before him in some order.

            Gibson, Lawson, Holiday are about equal to him in value depending on the team.

            everyone else is not as good or valuable as he is.

            so 4-7
            Gibson????? Hes compared to the likes of amir johnson and you would pick him before lawson holiday AND dd

            Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

            Comment


            • #7
              Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
              Gibson????? Hes compared to the likes of amir johnson and you would pick him before lawson holiday AND dd

              Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
              re-read

              Comment


              • #8
                Dino4life wrote: View Post
                re-read
                You said gibson and the others are equal in value. Meaning somebody would take him over demar holiday and lawson. Right??? I dont sre that happening. Demar lawson and holiday are equal in value while gibson is on the next tier

                Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  You said gibson and the others are equal in value. Meaning somebody would take him over demar holiday and lawson. Right??? I dont sre that happening. Demar lawson and holiday are equal in value while gibson is on the next tier

                  Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
                  He is literally the 2nd best big in that draft, he brings great defense and decent offense at Power Forward, to me Lawson & Holiday are overrated and Demar slightly underrated (he's almost there).

                  Who goes who depends on the team picking, and since there is no overlap between what Gibson brings & the others he could go ahead of any of them or right after hence the range 4-7. Altough since Wolves are there twice probably get Lawson and Holiday back to back

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    1. Griffin
                    2. Curry
                    3. Harden
                    4. DeRozan
                    Mamba Mentality

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Taj Gibson is very good. But he's too old to be drafted high in that draft. Would you rather have Ricky Rubio who's 23 or Taj Gibson who's 29 in a few days? I think it's an easy decision.

                      Taj might go around no.10 in this draft, but I don't see him challenging DeMar or Lawson at all.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Dino4life wrote: View Post
                        He is literally the 2nd best big in that draft, he brings great defense and decent offense at Power Forward, to me Lawson & Holiday are overrated and Demar slightly underrated (he's almost there).

                        Who goes who depends on the team picking, and since there is no overlap between what Gibson brings & the others he could go ahead of any of them or right after hence the range 4-7. Altough since Wolves are there twice probably get Lawson and Holiday back to back
                        If the nba decided to redo this draft because they added an expansion team and decided to give the team the top 12 picks of the 2014 draft to them. Who would you choose from the 09 crop, if Gibson is selected before any of those players, that team would acquire an older maybe better Amir Johnson. If I were a fan of that team I would be pretty upset with management. Would you?
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          2009 re-draft top 10
                          1. Blake Griffin
                          2. Stef Curry
                          3. James Harden
                          4. Demar Derozan
                          5. Jrue Holiday
                          6. Ty Lawson
                          7. Ricky Rubio
                          8. Tyereke Evans
                          9. Brandon Jennings
                          10. Taj Gibson

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            1. Griffin
                            2. Curry
                            3. DeRozan
                            4. Harden

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Jamshid wrote: View Post
                              1. Griffin
                              2. Curry
                              3. DeRozan
                              4. Harden
                              Smh lol...

                              I love DD but he is not better than Harden, people need to chill man.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X