Playoff Predictions 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post

Can see you were having a hard time with the West standings. You have Blazers and Grizzlies both at 9, but not really.. and you forgot about #12, which I assume is the Kings?
    LOL yes the order is correct, but as you can tell there was a fair bit of editing involved
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I forgot about the Mavs. Luka and Porzingis on the same team lol. If they stay healthy they should be a playoff team. Luka is my darkhorse to win the MVP.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
        I forgot about the Mavs. Luka and Porzingis on the same team lol. If they stay healthy they should be a playoff team. Luka is my darkhorse to win the MVP.
        doncic/KP pick and pop is going to be unguardable
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

East:

Bucks
          Sixers
          Nets
          Raps
          Celtics
          Heat
          Magic
          Pacers
          Pistons
          Bulls
          Hornets
          Knicks
          Wizards
          Hawks
          Cavs

West:

Clippers
          Nuggets
          Jazz
          Lakers
          Rockets
          Warriors
          Blazers
          Spurs
          Mavs
          Kings
          TWolves
          Pelicans
          Suns
          Grizzlies
          Thunder

Comment

East:
            Milwaukee
            Philly
            Toronto
            Boston
            Indiana
            Orlando
            Brooklyn
            Miami
            Detroit
            Atlanta
            Washington
            Chicago
            Cleveland
            Charlotte
            New York

West:
            Clippers
            Denver
            Utah
            Houston
            Lakers
            Golden State
            Portland
            San Antonio
            Dallas
            Sacramento
            New Orleans
            OKC
            Minnesota
            Memphis
            Phoenix
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

1)Bucks
              2)76ers
              3)Raptors
              4)Pacers
              5)Magic
              6)Celtics
              7)Heat
              8)Nets
              9)Wizards
              10)Pistons
              11)Hawks
              12)Bulls
              13)Knicks
              14)Cavs
              15)Hornets

1)Blazers
              2)Rockets
              3)Clippers
              4)Jazz
              5)Lakers
              6)Nuggets
              7)Warriors
              8)Spurs
              9)Mavs
              10)Pelicans
              11)Thunder
              12)Kings
              13)Suns
              14)Grizzlies
              15)Twolves

I realize there might be a few people shaking their heads at my picks so I just want to clarify some things.

- The picks I have in the west could very well be totally off and its only because this year is as stacked as ever. My 1-8 is based very little on accuracy of seeding and more on whos gonna make it. I can see Portland destroying themselves in the regular season (think Bucks last season) and completely crumbling in the playoffs.

- When you really break down a lot of rosters, there are a bunch of teams in the East who are seriously screwed if their star goes down. For example, take Trae Young off Atlanta and they're totally screwed. Lots of people are big on the Hawks but they haven't added any depth nor do they have a second scorer that is of anything noteworthy. The West is much different. There are so many teams with huge depth that I can see the Kings being a 4th seed just as much as the Lakers.

- I wanted to comment on who I see as being my teams to watch. I'm going to go with the Magic in the East and The Suns (bare with me here) in the west... each for completely different reasons. The magic have finally decided to stay put with the players they have and Clifford has made no secret about who his 9 guys are going to be. Huge improvements for this team over the year and I may have even underrated them in my seedings. The Suns will probably not make the playoffs but that doesn't mean they wont be a solid team. The ownership has, in my opinion, made the best move for the team by picking up guys like Rubio and Saric who are unselfish by nature and will only help Booker and Ayton grow. Great to see the management seem to put a solid effort into getting the team on track to be a serious team in the years to come.

Comment

East

1. Sixers
                2. Celtics
                3. Raptors
                4. Bucks
                5. Nets
                6.Heat
                7. Magic
                8. Pistons
                9. Pacers
                10. Bulls

West

1. Rockets
                2. Jazz
                3. Lakers
                4. Clippers
                5. Warriors
                6. Spurs
                7. Nuggets
                8. Blazers
                9. Mavs
                10. Kings

that's my prediction, does anyone have the same?
                Last edited by magnusss; Sat Oct 19, 2019, 05:27 AM.

Comment

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...ntic-division/
                  Raptors trail 76ers, Celtics on odds to win Atlantic Division

Comment

Am I the only one thinking that people are sleeping on the Grizzlies? No true superstar, but they look really deep with NBA calibre players. Sometimes, it's enough just not to have a guy on the floor who sucks worse than everybody else. Reminds me of last year's Nets or the Jazz from a few years. Probably won't make the playoffs, but they could definitely be a pain in the ass to play on any given night.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                      Am I the only one thinking that people are sleeping on the Grizzlies? No true superstar, but they look really deep with NBA calibre players. Sometimes, it's enough just not to have a guy on the floor who sucks worse than everybody else. Reminds me of last year's Nets or the Jazz from a few years. Probably won't make the playoffs, but they could definitely be a pain in the ass to play on any given night.
                      Yes! I've been meaning to make that post. They're not gonna be great, but I think they'll be closer to 8th than 15th...9th to 11th...I have them at 9 in my post in this thread

Comment

Also, the Pelicans are overrated around the NBA. Reddick and Holiday is a really nice backcourt (although in the west, they're just a small fish in the sea). After that, Zion will be fed the ball and will suffer growing pains. Rookies don't win, not even Lebron or MJ did.

And Ball and Ingram? Those are below average NBA rotation players disguised as "core pieces" because of a high draft slot, LA history, and a certain father. Very overrated, the both of them

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                          I'm sleeping. And i'm sleeping with the AC on. The Grizzlies are going to finish with the worst record in the West. Yes, I think the Suns will finish ahead of them in the standings.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Memphis doesn't have many vets and they help you win. JV and Crowder are going to have to be leaders for that group (I doubt Iggy plays). But ultimately they're going to give the keys to JJJ and Morant and hope they can produce. I'm rooting for them, but I still think they are closer to 13-15 than 8-10. Lots of parity though. It could be 2-3 wins that separate 8 from 14 in the West. And even the Suns look better with Rubio around.

Comment

If you going to have a playoff bubble/mediocre team, how fun would it be to be a Mavs fan and watch Porzingas ans Doncic all season? They're a potential mid seed in the East but battling to make it at all in the West imo.

We're supposed to have an advantage for Euro destinations. Why can't we have nice things? Come here Giannis!

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                                If you going to have a playoff bubble/mediocre team, how fun would it be to be a Mavs fan and watch Porzingas ans Doncic all season? They're a potential mid seed in the East but battling to make it at all in the West imo.

We're supposed to have an advantage for Euro destinations. Why can't we have nice things? Come here Giannis!
                                I think we got a pretty nice thing a couple months ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X