Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why DeRozan is an ideal 2nd option for a championship team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Congrats man...
    Thanx xixi...nosi...imanshumpert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hate it when people try to predict trades/signings with absolutely no basis and then just yell BOOK IT!

Smh dude.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
        There are some points of your post that I agree with but overall it feels like you're trying a little too hard to connect the dots with the conclusion that DD is the "ideal" second option on a championship team.

Gasol shouldn't be on your list for starters. He did most of his damage in the paint during the championship seasons and there's a difference between taking a couple midrange shots a game because you're wide open and taking 50 plus percent of your field goal attempts from there like DD and a couple of the other guys on the list. I also don't think you can fairly compare DD to guys like Kobe, who's an all time shot creator and maker from all areas of the court and KG, who's probably one of the better defensive anchors over the past 20 years. There are similarities in some of their stats for sure but I feel like they either brought something else significant to the table besides offense or were just on a completely different level as a player. Monta Ellis meets a lot of the criteria laid out for Derozan as well... how many of us would call him an ideal second option for a championship team?
        Seriously.

I didn't realize the Raptors changed their name to the Toronto DeRozans.

If anything I thought they were the Drakes.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
          Thanx xixi...nosi...imanshumpert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          And based on the hatred, I wonder if it is Buddahfan reincarnated as well.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            I love a lot about DD but on a legit top tier contender that can hang with the Heat, he's more likely gonna be your third best player... You know, kind of like Bosh... Only not obnoxious.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
            I agree 100%.As of now, DD can be a 3rd best player in a NBA championship. He has elevated his game every year and he is still young. This summer is KEY for him. Few more improvements and he can become a 2nd best player in a NBA championship team.

The key to remember is that none of the other guys in this team are at the same level of DD or even have the potential of DD.
            Ross did not make the improvement that was expected of him last summer. We will see about this year. Amir is at his max potential and is in decline due to his injuries and his talent limitations. Big Val Well, lets see what he does this year. Big man take longer to develop.

Based on all that and the fact that DD gets paid 10 million pay year, His Haters should stop hating and dreaming about his trade.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
              ...His Haters should stop hating and dreaming about his trade.
              How is it that if you aren't all gushy and gooey about DeMar, like a 12 year old girl dreaming of the lead singer in the latest "made for teenyboppers" boys band, you are a Hater?

DeMar is a good player. Respect. He has improved himself tremendously. Respect. But ideal second option on a championship team?

How about a simple question? How many championship teams in the last 15 years would have traded their second option for DeMar straight up?

How many of the top ten teams from THIS year would have traded their second option for DeMar straight up?

I have nothing but respect for DeMar, and would be happy if he stayed with the Raps but let's not go over the top with it. And that doesn't make me a hater. That just means I have eyes and can watch the games. Speaking of games, here is one I have played times that should help. Count the points that DeMar makes, and subtract the points that he let's his man make with easy blow by's and with terrible help defense. That is his true value to the team. And it has improved over the years. However it still has a ways to go.

Comment

Just so we're clear, I'm saying right now that he's a #3.

To look at it from a positive standpoint, he has an opportunity to become a lot better at the SG spot.

If he chooses to work on dribbling, passing, and attacking the bucket he will have rounded out two VERY important SG skills he's lacking while better utilizing his God given athleticism.

If he wants to become elite he needs to come to terms with what he is right now and moving further from the basket is a sign he wants to be something he's not and has not come to terms yet.

Alex English is a great example of a guy who morphed his game into the stratosphere later in his career so keep the faith with DD. Alex worked with DD for a lot of years so I hope something rubbed off.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                  How is it that if you aren't all gushy and gooey about DeMar, like a 12 year old girl dreaming of the lead singer in the latest "made for teenyboppers" boys band, you are a Hater?
                  You don't have to be like a 12 year old girl but you can act reasonable and like logical basketball fan with some insight and acknowledge his greatness, his improvements and his real place in the NBA.

When Haters talk about trading him for Henderson and late picks, or think Sawgy P is a more talented player than him or at sometimes even talk about trading him for future pick and Cap flexibility, then you are NOTHING but a HATER with no insight to the game.

It is that simple. DD is our most talented player, a guy which this organization has invested for past few season, who has delivered and is on a reasonable contract for his talent and still can grow.

There is no reason for him to be traded UNLESS:

1) We are going to a total rebuild this year AND
                  2) We can get a top 2 picks in this draft.

Comment

I don't think DeMar is an ideal 2nd option yet.. he might be able to get there but hopefully he can show that type of growth in the next 2 years as he has a player option in his 3rd. If he leaves the team in free agency or if he demands a lot of coin (over $13M+ in his next contract) and hasn't shown the ability to be a consistent 2nd option than it would be worth departing.

MU I'm sure will make the right call at the right time.. or I better hope he will. This team won't be a contender for at least another 2-3 years anyway so there is time to see what DD continues to develop into.

Comment

Interesting discussion!

It's good to read where some posters think Demar is destined to be (2nd or 3rd option). However, he's currently the 1st option on this team. Honestly, it's not even close. So, until we get a better option (JV, Ross or even Lowry) haven't shown that they can currently handle being the first option.... Demar will continue to be the first option. I think some posters need to acknowledge that he was the FIRST option as a 24 year old on a 48 win team. He's not even a finished product yet. I'm really curious to see how he responds after reflecting on a pretty good season. I'm hoping that he comes back more prepared and more hungry after experiencing the playoffs for the first time in his career.

1st option/2nd option/3rd option.....who really cares? I know I don't.

Comment

Yeah, he's first option on a team that would be lucky to get out of the first round. Acknowledged.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, he's first option on a team that would be lucky to get out of the first round. Acknowledged.
                          Kevin Love is the first option on a team that would be lucky to make the playoffs.....Harden/Howard didn't get out of the first round either. I don't think you can blame Demar for the current ceiling of this team.

Comment

No, but that wasn't the point I was making. Name me a player of DeRozan's abilities that was the best player on a championship team. Being proactive, fine, name me one who was second star?

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                              Kevin Love is the first option on a team that would be lucky to make the playoffs.....Harden/Howard didn't get out of the first round either. I don't think you can blame Demar for the current ceiling of this team.
                              Definitely not. He plays his ass off, works his ass off. He has the same drive and competitive spirit that us so desired and so often seen in superstars. Poor guy just doesn't have the same talent. But he's improved every single year of his career and I have faith (and history shows) that he will continue to improve. He's not happy with where he is currently (which is why I think McHappy is secretly Demar) and knows that he has a lot to improve on.

I'd understand the loft expectations if he was a 1st overall pick. Hell, even if he was top 3. But he wasn't. He was the 9th overall pick. 9th! Even Blake needed CP3(among others) to get his team past the 1st round.
                              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                                Definitely not. He plays his ass off, works his ass off. He has the same drive and competitive spirit that us so desired and so often seen in superstars. Poor guy just doesn't have the same talent. But he's improved every single year of his career and I have faith (and history shows) that he will continue to improve. He's not happy with where he is currently (which is why I think McHappy is secretly Demar) and knows that he has a lot to improve on.

I'd understand the loft expectations if he was a 1st overall pick. Hell, even if he was top 3. But he wasn't. He was the 9th overall pick. 9th! Even Blake needed CP3(among others) to get his team past the 1st round.
                                I've been called many things.

Demar DeRozan has never been one of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X