Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 Facts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 4 Facts

    Hey guys I know its way too early right now but i just wanted to know 4 Move that you think will happen for sure in the upcoming season,
    My 4 Facts Are
    1. We sign Lowry to a 4year 44milllon dollar contract, so 11 a season
    2. We Season Pau Gasol to a 3 year to a 27 million dollar contract (10/9/8), with last year as a team option
    3. We Let PPat Walk
    4. We Draft Tyler Ennis and let GV walk or we Sign Jerami Grant and resign GV

    Bonus- We win 52 games
    Abbas wrote:

    First of all i was my own source

  • #2
    Do you know what a fact is?

    Comment


    • #3
      a thing that is indisputably the case.
      Abbas wrote:

      First of all i was my own source

      Comment


      • #4
        There is just no way we'd sign Pau at 3/$27mm if it meant letting Amir walk, which it would. The salary cap is at $63mm next year.
        It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

        Comment


        • #5
          Do you have an inside track to Masai's mind or something? How can these be facts?
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

          Comment


          • #6
            007 wrote: View Post
            Do you have an inside track to Masai's mind or something? How can these be facts?
            I think it was a way of speaking. He asked "what are four moves you think will happen for sure."
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

            -Superjudge, 7/23

            Hope you're wrong.

            Comment


            • #7
              Abbas wrote: View Post
              Hey guys I know its way too early right now but i just wanted to know 4 Move that you think will happen for sure in the upcoming season,
              My 4 Facts Are
              1. We sign Lowry to a 4year 44milllon dollar contract, so 11 a season
              2. We Season Pau Gasol to a 3 year to a 27 million dollar contract (10/9/8), with last year as a team option
              3. We Let PPat Walk
              4. We Draft Tyler Ennis and let GV walk or we Sign Jerami Grant and resign GV

              Bonus- We win 52 games
              The only thing that is close to a fact is Lowry resigning
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

              Comment


              • #8
                stooley wrote: View Post
                I think it was a way of speaking. He asked "what are four moves you think will happen for sure."
                Yes i did mean it like that
                Abbas wrote:

                First of all i was my own source

                Comment


                • #9
                  stooley wrote: View Post
                  I think it was a way of speaking. He asked "what are four moves you think will happen for sure."
                  That's a funny sentence I 'think'. For sure.
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    There is just no way we'd sign Pau at 3/$27mm if it meant letting Amir walk, which it would. The salary cap is at $63mm next year.
                    It wouldn't have to mean letting Amir walk. His scenario basically involves buying off Salmons and Hansbrough, and then re-signing Lowry and PP along with our rooks, for a team composed of, say:

                    Lowry (11) /GV (4) / De Colo (1)
                    DeMar (9.5) /Ross (2.5) / Stone (.5)
                    Fields (6.25) / Novak (4) / rook (1)
                    Pau (10) / Amir (7) / rook (1)
                    JV (3.5) / Hayes (6) / rook (1)

                    I'm not wild about the idea, but it can easily be done and stay under the luxury tax; with some creative contracting and maybe a small trade it can maybe even keep the Raptors under the cap, if they felt it necessary.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      magoon wrote: View Post
                      It wouldn't have to mean letting Amir walk. His scenario basically involves buying off Salmons and Hansbrough, and then re-signing Lowry and PP along with our rooks, for a team composed of, say:

                      Lowry (11) /GV (4) / De Colo (1)
                      DeMar (9.5) /Ross (2.5) / Stone (.5)
                      Fields (6.25) / Novak (4) / rook (1)
                      Pau (10) / Amir (7) / rook (1)
                      JV (3.5) / Hayes (6) / rook (1)

                      I'm not wild about the idea, but it can easily be done and stay under the luxury tax; with some creative contracting and maybe a small trade it can maybe even keep the Raptors under the cap, if they felt it necessary.
                      What you just suggested is not possible. Unfortunately there's this thing called cap holds. I'll break it down for you.

                      The Raptors have the following money on the books for next season (in your example you said we pick up Amir's team option so let's include him in that). I'm rounding a bit btw.

                      DeRozan - 9.5M
                      Amir - 7M
                      Hayes - 6M
                      Fields - 6M (cap hit is balanced out over 3 seasons)
                      Novak - 3.5M
                      Valanciunas - 3.5M
                      Camby - 4M
                      Ross - 3M

                      TOTAL = 42.5M

                      Now you said you want to re-sign Lowry and 2Pat and our rookies. That means we keep their rights, which also means there are cap holds that count against our cap space for those players.

                      - Lowry has one for 150% of his previous salary
                      - 2Pat has one for 250% of his previous salary
                      - Let's assume we only draft with the 20th pick, so that's another cap hold

                      Lowry - 9M
                      2Pat - 7.5M
                      Draft Pick - 1M

                      TOTAL = 17.5M

                      So we have a total cap hit of 59.5M going into free agency. I think the projected 2014-15 salary cap is 63M, so that leaves us with 3.5M to spend. And note I didn't even include re-signing Vasquez in that.

                      What IS possible would be to denounce both 2Pat and Vasquez's rights. Which would leave us with a total cap hit of about 52.5M. We'd also have 2 empty roster spot charges so that's about another 1M. So we'd have 9.5M to spend on a free agent.

                      I'm completely against signing Pau btw, just breaking down the numbers.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Camby's only on the books for about 600k. In the meantime, there's also a 1M hit for each of TH and JS if they are waived.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Also, if Patterson re-signs for, say 5M, then that 5M counts against the cap instead of his cap hold, so we could free up cap room by signing guys right away.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            DanH wrote: View Post
                            Camby's only on the books for about 600k. In the meantime, there's also a 1M hit for each of TH and JS if they are waived.
                            Wasn't aware of this, thanks.

                            DanH wrote: View Post
                            Also, if Patterson re-signs for, say 5M, then that 5M counts against the cap instead of his cap hold, so we could free up cap room by signing guys right away.
                            Ah yes this is an option as well.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Signing Pau is a total Colangelo-style move. It's trying to win the summer. If it goes wrong and Pau regresses or just doesn't fit, then your stuck. Also I think 2Pat can be signed at a reasonable price. Teams are leery of wasting time by signing an RFA to an offer sheet, then waiting around for the home team to make a decision.

                              To me, the smart move is simply taking the slow path. We're not going to be true contender next year, but that's fine. What we can be is a little bit better -- with another year of roster continuity, internal growth from the young fellas and hopefully an impactful rookie. Then the team can move forward with flexibility and either make a trade if someone great comes available at the trade deadline (Hayes expiring + young piece(s) + 2016 NYK pick) or wait until the 2015 offseason to make a splash.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X