Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 Facts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    SO here is a thought,

    Just simply a thought to improve the team in the short term AND the long term.

    This dismisses the notion that Lowry will leave if DD is traded. (common)

    This also takes into consideration that this draft has talents in that second tier 4 to 7 selections. (Exum, Vonleh, Randle, Gordon and may be Smart).

    First off, we trade DD(!) to the Lakers for their 7th and the right to swap the 2016 pick and if not conveyed in 2016 then the following years(some way of another future pick) and traded player exception.

    Throw money at Lowry for about whatever he is asking perhaps 12-13 Mil (4 years). Resign GV at 4 to 5 per 3 years.

    Then chase Deng with money for around 10 to 12 Mil (3 year deal). We may be(?) able to use DD's TPE with a second rounder for a sign and trade with CAVS. (Can we..?)

    Draft a PF with the 7th (Gordon, Randle, Vonleh) and a PG with our 20th (Ennis, Payton). And of course draft BPA at the 37th.


    line up will be

    Starters
    Lowry
    Ross --SG of the future
    Deng
    Amir
    JV -- C of the future

    Bench
    Ennis/Payton -- PG of the Future
    GV
    Fields -- .... i dont know
    Randle/Vonleh/Gordon -- PF of the future
    7 ft body
    and scrubs (Novak, Hayes, 37th pick)


    Cap situation in 2015 FA
    Lowry - 12.5 (roughly)
    Deng - 12.5
    JV - 4.5
    TR - 3.5
    GV - 4.5
    Novak-3.5
    7th - 4~
    20th -1.5~
    Total - 46.5 million committed salary

    lets assume salary cap is 66 mil in 2015.
    Gives us about 20 million in cap space with 3 lottery talents on rookie deals and 1 mid first round rookie deal. Not to mention all of our own picks going forward and 2 other teams future first round draft picks.
    Last edited by ball4life; Tue Jun 10th, 2014, 03:11 AM.

    Comment


    • #17
      ball4life wrote: View Post
      SO here is a thought,

      Just simply a thought to improve the team in the short term AND the long term.

      This dismisses the notion that Lowry will leave if DD is traded. (common)

      This also takes into consideration that this draft has talents in that second tier 4 to 7 selections. (Exum, Vonleh, Randle, Gordon and may be Smart).

      First off, we trade DD(!) to the Lakers for their 7th and the right to swap the 2016 pick and if not conveyed in 2016 then the following years(some way of another future pick) and traded player exception.

      Throw money at Lowry for about whatever he is asking perhaps 12-13 Mil (4 years). Resign GV at 4 to 5 per 3 years.

      Then chase Deng with money for around 10 to 12 Mil (3 year deal). We may be(?) able to use DD's TPE with a second rounder for a sign and trade with CAVS. (Can we..?)

      Draft a PF with the 7th (Gordon, Randle, Vonleh) and a PG with our 20th (Ennis, Payton). And of course draft BPA at the 37th.


      line up will be

      Starters
      Lowry
      Ross --SG of the future
      Deng
      Amir
      JV -- C of the future

      Bench
      Ennis/Payton -- PG of the Future
      GV
      Fields -- .... i dont know
      Randle/Vonleh/Gordon -- PF of the future
      7 ft body
      and scrubs (Novak, Hayes, 37th pick)


      Cap situation in 2015 FA
      Lowry - 12.5 (roughly)
      Deng - 12.5
      JV - 4.5
      TR - 3.5
      GV - 4.5
      Novak-3.5
      7th - 4~
      20th -1.5~
      Total - 46.5 million committed salary

      lets assume salary cap is 66 mil in 2015.
      Gives us about 20 million in cap space with 3 lottery talents on rookie deals and 1 mid first round rookie deal. Not to mention all of our own picks going forward and 2 other teams future first round draft picks.
      I'm not even going to comment on the DeRozan trade, because that's not even close to being the worst part of this Colangelo-esque offseason.

      Signing a 30 year old Luol Deng to a 3yr/36M deal? Are you freaking kidding me man?

      You also would not have anywhere near 20M cap space. The projected cap is 63M for starters. Second of all you have Amir in your starting lineup but didn't include his 7M salary in your calculations. Landry Fields 6.3M cap hit is also nowhere to be found. Cap space would be pretty damn close to zero.
      Last edited by imanshumpert; Tue Jun 10th, 2014, 03:51 AM.

      Comment


      • #18
        imanshumpert wrote: View Post
        I'm not even going to comment on the DeRozan trade, because that's not even close to being the worst part of this Colangelo-esque offseason.

        Signing a 30 year old Luol Deng to a 3yr/36M deal? Are you freaking kidding me man?

        You also would not have anywhere near 20M cap space. The projected cap is 63M for starters. Second of all you have Amir in your starting lineup but didn't include his 7M salary in your calculations. Landry Fields 6.3M cap hit is also nowhere to be found. Cap space would be pretty damn close to zero.
        It is essentially 2 years of 1 way inefficient Demar for 2 way Deng plus a lotto pick(7th and another first rounder). i would think its an oki deal.
        just remember Demar didnt promise you he ll stay past 2016. and Chris Bosh said he LOVEDDD playing in Toronto untill he was FA

        Comment


        • #19
          imanshumpert wrote: View Post
          I'm not even going to comment on the DeRozan trade, because that's not even close to being the worst part of this Colangelo-esque offseason.

          Signing a 30 year old Luol Deng to a 3yr/36M deal? Are you freaking kidding me man?

          You also would not have anywhere near 20M cap space. The projected cap is 63M for starters. Second of all you have Amir in your starting lineup but didn't include his 7M salary in your calculations. Landry Fields 6.3M cap hit is also nowhere to be found. Cap space would be pretty damn close to zero.

          i dont see how Fields and Amir are signed past 2014-2015 season :S WTF :S

          Comment


          • #20
            ball4life wrote: View Post
            i dont see how Fields and Amir are signed past 2014-2015 season :S WTF :S
            Oh fuck my bad misread, didn't see you said 2015 offseason.

            Comment


            • #21
              ball4life wrote: View Post
              It is essentially 2 years of 1 way inefficient Demar for 2 way Deng plus a lotto pick(7th and another first rounder). i would think its an oki deal.
              just remember Demar didnt promise you he ll stay past 2016. and Chris Bosh said he LOVEDDD playing in Toronto untill he was FA
              Dude I'm not even talking about DeMar right now. Just forget that DeMar is even part of this equation.

              Why the FUCK would we want to pay $12M a year for Luol Deng? That is such a treadmill move.

              And if you want to talk about efficiency, Deng is LESS efficient as a scorer than DeRozan is despite having a much smaller offensive role.

              Comment


              • #22
                imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                Dude I'm not even talking about DeMar right now. Just forget that DeMar is even part of this equation.

                Why the FUCK would we want to pay $12M a year for Luol Deng? That is such a treadmill move.

                And if you want to talk about efficiency, Deng is LESS efficient as a scorer than DeRozan is despite having a much smaller offensive role.
                Why the FUCK wouldnt you? thats around how much he is gonna cost.

                its not treadmill when you have 20+ mil in capspace the following season and yet you have your starting 5 + 2 rotations locked up. Not to mention extra lotto picks with your own picks available. I dont know how you think its a treadmill move. :S

                I would imagine its similar to what INDIANA did with David West. but clearly you dont wanna see it that way since Demars' cock is blocking your view. SMH

                Comment


                • #23
                  imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                  Dude I'm not even talking about DeMar right now. Just forget that DeMar is even part of this equation.

                  Why the FUCK would we want to pay $12M a year for Luol Deng? That is such a treadmill move.

                  And if you want to talk about efficiency, Deng is LESS efficient as a scorer than DeRozan is despite having a much smaller offensive role.
                  ball4life wrote: View Post
                  Why the FUCK wouldnt you? thats around how much he is gonna cost.

                  its not treadmill when you have 20+ mil in capspace the following season and yet you have your starting 5 + 2 rotations locked up. Not to mention extra lotto picks with your own picks available. I dont know how you think its a treadmill move. :S

                  I would imagine its similar to what INDIANA did with David West. but clearly you dont wanna see it that way since Demars' cock is blocking your view. SMH
                  Lets both take a deep breath, count to 10, and remember that you can make your point without swearing and/or making it personal. There's no need for either and both are against forum rules, as a friendly reminder.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    4 Facts

                    1. Ancient Egyptians shaved off their eyebrows to mourn the deaths of their cats.
                    2. Camels have three eyelids.
                    3. Salt Lake City has a law against carrying an unwrapped ukulele in the streets.
                    4. Dead people may not serve on juries, according to the state of Oregon.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      4 More Facts:

                      1.) Nothing said in the OP is a fact
                      2.) Signing Luol Deng for 3 years at 12M per year is the kind of move Colangelo would make
                      3.) Most Raptors fans who have learned anything from the BC Era shudder at the idea of multi-year 8 figure offers to Gasol or Deng
                      4.) We need to build this team properly for Christ's sake.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        My 4 most likely predictions

                        1 - Resign Lowry for around 11 Mil
                        2 - Resign Vasquez for 4-5 Mill
                        3 - Resign 2Pat for 4-5 Mill
                        4 - Masai will trade one of those 3 by the deadline (has done this in the past to avoid losing assets)
                        When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X