Last Preseason Game of the Summer of Champions. Raps at Nets 7:30 on TSN2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Preseason Game of the Summer of Champions. Raps at Nets 7:30 on TSN2

Enough lazing around. Time to get in to game shape. It's time for an actual game thread!
    **Disclaimer: Any game thread today, whether a win or loss, has no legal bearing on the starter of the opening night game thread. That goes to whoever made the game six championship thread. And, I kid you not, I just opened a new window to go find that thread to see who started it...and it was me. I've still got some Gasol like championship hangover. Disclaimer over.

I see there was a game in Canada last night for the Clippers and our hero got 13 points on 5/19 shooting and 2/8 from three. Phew..might have dodged a bullet there

But now onto the matters at hand. A final tune up for the Championship season. This might be the first time we see what's left of the championship core take the floor together since they last walked off it a few months ago. Should be fun to watch. We're up against another Eastern Conference media darling in the Nets. After all, they managed to get a great guy who's injured all year, a maybe great guy who is already wearing a mask to protect himself from his teammates. And they let their allstar point guard go.

As for us, I think it's all hands on deck except for Mccaw (knee) and RHJ (groin). It's a simple thread for now but, as may be the theme for our "Defending Champions Season"....baby steps. Go Raps!

Let's fuckin' do this!

(is Kyle going to suit up?)

Comment

You have to think tonight's game is going to be a little more serious. There's guys battling for rotation spots (at least to start the year) maybe some competition for the 14-15 spots and maybe some competition for starting spots, which does matter to guys. It's also a divisional opponent, so maybe a little gamesmanship as well. Might actually be the first interesting game to watch this season.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
        You have to think tonight's game is going to be a little more serious. There's guys battling for rotation spots (at least to start the year) maybe some competition for the 14-15 spots and maybe some competition for starting spots, which does matter to guys. It's also a divisional opponent, so maybe a little gamesmanship as well. Might actually be the first interesting game to watch this season.
        Yup, plus lots of rest (since last preseason game, for Lowry if he plays). I could see Nurse experimenting with the rotation more than throwing the 14-16 guys a bone.

Comment

I’m excited to see Lowry play again
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Projected opening day starters for this one. Lowry, FVV, OG, Siakam, Gasol
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
              Projected opening day starters for this one. Lowry, FVV, OG, Siakam, Gasol
              FVV starting over Norm feels weird to me, unless either he or Siakam is an early sub. Otherwise the bench lineups will be real short on ball-handling

Comment

007 wrote: View Post

FVV starting over Norm feels weird to me, unless either he or Siakam is an early sub. Otherwise the bench lineups will be real short on ball-handling
                Fvv is the better player. Something to be said about pittong your best 5 guys out there. Could be cause levert more of a ball handler too

Comment

Fred looks good

Comment

Lowry picking up where he left off. Hell yeah

Comment

These quick-fire substitutions are interesting. Keep rotating slightly different combos of the top seven to give them quick breathers

Comment

Nurse sending a message? tight 7 men rotation in this quarter.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I’m 15 minutes behind but gasol with a charge and some great ball movement overall

Comment

Lowry-OG-Siakam-Ibaka-Gasol LET’S GOOOO

Comment

I suspect top 7 guys play entire half to give nick a look at diffrwnt lineups then sit rest of game

Comment

Working...
                              X