No announcement yet.

Everything Chris Boucher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, saying Boucher is more of a 4 is backward thinking from the Raps' point of view. For us, OG is more of a 4 than Boucher is.

Comment

• Ya Bouch deserves more respect. Hes a big and he shot better from deep than fred, flynn and trent. Top 5 blocker in the league. Good FT shooter and he doesnt get rattled. More summer steaks, gym and PT hes only gonna get better and better. Hes been underpaid and I hope he gets what he deserves wherever he is - hopefully here

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

The 4 is basically now "medium forward", small forwards with a little strength. The power forwards and centers of old are basically now all competing for jobs at the 5, half as many jobs available for the big boys. But yeah even in like 2015 it was still front courts everywhere of "andre drummond and Greg monroe", "valanciunas and Amir johnson" etc...shit changed in a hurry and it was mostly because of Stephen fucking curry if were being honest.
        Not just Steph, but also guys like Draymond and PJ Tucker proved that short, tough guys with some range could neutralize those 7-footers if they weren’t skilled or dominant enough to exploit the size/height advantage on offense or quick enough to guard the perimeter on defense. 2X DPOY Gobert just got played off the floor by Nic Batum and Marcus Morris.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
          I realize that we will not be playing a traditional 5, heck Birch isn't even a traditional 5.... so we have 0. Let's see if the new style lineups work.
          Yep. A "traditional 5' in my book has to do at least two of these things at a higher level: screen assist, dominate the glass, shot block, or create for himself and others out of the low post. We don't have any one fitting that.

Birch and Achiuwa are 5's by default because they don't have the handles and shooting needed to play at the modern 3/4, so you put them on the dunker spot. They don't provide a lot of phyisicality there either as they're the same size (or smaller) then our other forwards, so may as well let go of this idea of traditional C and play your best players

Comment

• rather have barnes at pg than C. Barnes/og/pascal/precious over fred/og/pascal/barnes. Barnes said he considers himself a pg. he might be extra eager to prove that.

But C sure ok. Even the fact he can be at least considered a 1 or 5 is amazing

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
              rather have barnes at pg than C. Barnes/og/pascal/precious over fred/og/pascal/barnes. Barnes said he considers himself a pg. he might be extra eager to prove that.

But C sure ok. Even the fact he can be at least considered a 1 or 5 is amazing
              Why wouldn’t he still be able to play point (centre) in that second lineup? Good luck to the opposing coach if they go with anyone too traditional. How do you know the bigger mismatch is him bodying little guys vs schooling big ones?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Why wouldn’t he still be able to play point (centre) in that second lineup? Good luck to the opposing coach if they go with anyone too traditional. How do you know the bigger mismatch is him bodying little guys vs schooling big ones?
                Yeah just that versatility alone should get him to start over Birch. On offence Barnes can be the PG running pnr with Siakam, with Fred & Trent as the shooters and OG shooting or cutting. On defence, have Barnes/Siakam/OG all alternate and switch on the opposing bigs with Fred pestering the best opposing guard. That's the best 2-way lineup this team has, should start and be used the most often.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

https://streamable.com/jse20p

this discussion reminded me of Isiah Thomas talking about Magic playing in this era.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I agree Boucher is good enough to start and depending on what you're rating their game on is better than Birch and Achiuwa.

I think the main reason he comes off the bench is because it let's him be a focal point of the offense, something he would not be as a starter. When given license Boucher can score. He had 5 games with 29pts or more, 13 games with 20pts or more, and damn near scored 40 points a few times. Only 2 of those games were as a starter, the rest were coming off the bench. He started at the end of the season when we were basically playing a bench squad so I still feel like he's only come off the bench.

Having a bench PF who can drop an efficient 38pts is a huge advantage for us. We are going to punish bench units this season. That's the main reason I think we cruise into the playoffs. If your bench outscores the opposing teams bench during the regular season you usually win, and I expect our bench to dominate.

I'd honestly like Masai to sign Boucher to a 3 year deal, that gives us his entire prime. I think he fits our team really well and we'd regret dealing him.

Comment

• A lot will depend on what Birch can bring into training camp (should be a war at this small-5 position). Birch better ball-out else Boucher and Precious be coming for his breakfast.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

The 4 is basically now "medium forward", small forwards with a little strength. The power forwards and centers of old are basically now all competing for jobs at the 5, half as many jobs available for the big boys. But yeah even in like 2015 it was still front courts everywhere of "andre drummond and Greg monroe", "valanciunas and Amir johnson" etc...shit changed in a hurry and it was mostly because of Stephen fucking curry if were being honest.
                        Yup, had been in the mix for some time (SSOL Suns, the Spurs were pretty flexible with lineup combinations in the 2010's, etc) but Curry and Klay cemented it when everyone realized perimeter players shooting a ton of 3's could outpace most lineups that couldn't shoot enough 3's - which usually happened if you had 2 traditional bigs. But the real tipping point was Draymond and Steve Kerr discovering the Lineup of Death. Draymond went from a bench guy to a starter and GS went from a 1st round out team to 5 straight Finals. That was a massive, quick pivot. Rest of the league has been catching up since.

Like you said that was the 14-15 season. Clock was ticking on the Drummonds and Monroes of the league then.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Yup, had been in the mix for some time (SSOL Suns, the Spurs were pretty flexible with lineup combinations in the 2010's, etc) but Curry and Klay cemented it when everyone realized perimeter players shooting a ton of 3's could outpace most lineups that couldn't shoot enough 3's - which usually happened if you had 2 traditional bigs. But the real tipping point was Draymond and Steve Kerr discovering the Lineup of Death. Draymond went from a bench guy to a starter and GS went from a 1st round out team to 5 straight Finals. That was a massive, quick pivot. Rest of the league has been catching up since.

Like you said that was the 14-15 season. Clock was ticking on the Drummonds and Monroes of the league then.

When Draymond Green was asked on how he stopped Jonas Valančiūnas

Comment

• Last edited by saints91; Mon Oct 4, 2021, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Someone's gotta talk to Chris about his role ASAP

I'm pretty sure the whole preseason talk about guys who have been here having to talk a bigger role scoring for themselves leading the offense. Which was supposed to be limited to O.G, Fred and Pascal... Chris just included himself in that without anyone straight up asking him. He is forcing his own shot even weird mid rangers which isn't is his repertoire and just generally trying to do to much.

IMO his role shouldn't change from last 2 years. Just be the same energy guy, block shots, run the floor grab lobs and take 3s when you have to in late clock or wide open. I don't think he is ever going to be anything more then what he has done the last 2 years and thats okay. It still a really important role and will get him paid. But if he keeps up this mindset he's going to lose $ next year
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                                Someone's gotta talk to Chris about his role ASAP

I'm pretty sure the whole preseason talk about guys who have been here having to talk a bigger role scoring for themselves leading the offense. Which was supposed to be limited to O.G, Fred and Pascal... Chris just included himself in that without anyone straight up asking him. He is forcing his own shot even weird mid rangers which isn't is his repertoire and just generally trying to do to much.

IMO his role shouldn't change from last 2 years. Just be the same energy guy, block shots, run the floor grab lobs and take 3s when you have to in late clock or wide open. I don't think he is ever going to be anything more then what he has done the last 2 years and thats okay. It still a really important role and will get him paid. But if he keeps up this mindset he's going to lose $ next year
                                He is worse than GTJ. He is playing his way off this team. He either has always jumped to readily at shooters which leads to guys side stepping him on close outs or him wracking up fouls or getting blown by in the post. He has bad offensive awareness to the max.

GTJ has improved so I will give him that. Chris' has not been impactful and has also been inefficient. He should not be the offensive creator ever. Nurse outlined that he needs to look beyond scoring in pressers leading into the season. That just because he doesn't score doesn't mean he didn't have a good game. He needs to focus on that. He needs to play a more discipline type of defence. He is one of the only guys on the team that I do NOT feel comfortable with as a player bringing the ball up the court.

Nearly every single time he has touched the ball after a defensive possession and he needs to make a decision to cross the ball over mid court.... if he doesn't pass it to the guy next to him it has ended up in a turn over or close to it. He is clearly in his own head about the next contract yet is playing his way out of that. Honestly, he is playing so bad that if we can even get a second rounder from him at this point I would be happy. I genuinely want Yuta to get his minutes when healthy.
                                Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Sun Oct 24, 2021, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X