Everything Chris Boucher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

if you are suggesting bagley.. its a hell no from me. I already posted why it should be a no.
    Gary Trent Jr. was a no defense playing chucker in Portland and he has taken our coaching and team first structure and has shown great growth. Why can't Bagley do the same?
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

Gary Trent Jr. was a no defense playing chucker in Portland and he has taken our coaching and team first structure and has shown great growth. Why can't Bagley do the same?
      Gary was touted as a good defensive player in every article I read about the trade when we made it. Find me something referring to him as no defense. He was also shooting 40% from 3, something we needed.

Bagley is 7ft but won't play center because he's too soft, he doesn't hit 3s, he's a mediocre rebounder for his size. He's an inefficient scorer, terrible FT shooter. And a well known terrible defender. No shot blocking. I do not see the appeal at all. There is a reason he is not even playing despite being healthy for once. Did I mention he's only played 119 games in 4 years? He's always hurt too.

What exactly about his game do you think helps the Raps? Who does he beat out for court time? I'd like a center upgrade but Bagley is not it. We should have just signed Holmes, who has beaten out Bagley and knows his role well.

Comment

• Also if the idea is to move Flynn for Bagley it just won't make sense for the Kings. They have Fox, Hield, Mitchell, Haliburton and Davis in their rotation. Do they really need a 6th guard?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Gary was touted as a good defensive player in every article I read about the trade when we made it. Find me something referring to him as no defense. He was also shooting 40% from 3, something we needed.

Bagley is 7ft but won't play center because he's too soft, he doesn't hit 3s, he's a mediocre rebounder for his size. He's an inefficient scorer, terrible FT shooter. And a well known terrible defender. No shot blocking. I do not see the appeal at all. There is a reason he is not even playing despite being healthy for once. Did I mention he's only played 119 games in 4 years? He's always hurt too.

What exactly about his game do you think helps the Raps? Who does he beat out for court time? I'd like a center upgrade but Bagley is not it. We should have just signed Holmes, who has beaten out Bagley and knows his role well.
          Trent was touted as Portland's best perimeter defender...you know Dame and CJ were not going to take that role on. Portland's team defense was atrocious, best guy on a bad defensive team...dude had a tonne to learn coming to Toronto.

Bagley shot 2,5 threes a game last year and hit 34%
          Over his career of 23 minutes per game he is averaging 7.5 rebounds per game, or 14.8 per 48....seem better than mediocre.
          I will concede the poor free throw shooting, but he averaged 69% as a rookie so it's not broke.

I am not saying Bagley is the future or 100% the guy we should target. What I am saying is this the type of move that is low risk (Boucher and Flynn are redundant now with Banton and Barnes) with high potential reward.

We need a player with some more bulk on the roster that fits, Bagley is versatile on offense.. Hell, I would love to see Kelly Olynyk on the squad. Just spit balling some names.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Trent was touted as Portland's best perimeter defender...you know Dame and CJ were not going to take that role on. Portland's team defense was atrocious, best guy on a bad defensive team...dude had a tonne to learn coming to Toronto.

Bagley shot 2,5 threes a game last year and hit 34%
            Over his career of 23 minutes per game he is averaging 7.5 rebounds per game, or 14.8 per 48....seem better than mediocre.
            I will concede the poor free throw shooting, but he averaged 69% as a rookie so it's not broke.

I am not saying Bagley is the future or 100% the guy we should target. What I am saying is this the type of move that is low risk (Boucher and Flynn are redundant now with Banton and Barnes) with high potential reward.

We need a player with some more bulk on the roster that fits, Bagley is versatile on offense.. Hell, I would love to see Kelly Olynyk on the squad. Just spit balling some names.
            I think we're mixing up 2 things when it comes to "buying low" on Bagley. The trade price for Bagley 'might be' cheap, but the price to keep him longer term won't be. Bagley and his dad feel that the Kings have mis-managed his career and have lowered his value. They're probably looking for OG/Trent money at a minimum and that's not exactly a low-risk cap move.

If we're looking for 'bulk, I'd rather trade Boucher for TT and a 2nd round pick, TBH. At least TT's contract is cheap and expiring.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I think we're mixing up 2 things when it comes to "buying low" on Bagley. The trade price for Bagley 'might be' cheap, but the price to keep him longer term won't be. Bagley and his dad feel that the Kings have mis-managed his career and have lowered his value. They're probably looking for OG/Trent money at a minimum and that's not exactly a low-risk cap move.

If we're looking for 'bulk, I'd rather trade Boucher for TT and a 2nd round pick, TBH. At least TT's contract is cheap and expiring.
              Marvin 'and his dad' may well feel they've lowered his value. They may well seek GTJ money.... but they will be laughed at... in their literal faces. Marvin is closer to Anthony Bennett's trajectory right now than GTJ, lol dude. Think more along the lines of... I don't know... Harry Giles? At best.

At this rate he'll be lucky to get the minimum. (...it'll be hilarious and sad if/when I'm proving wrong, lol. Ah, the NBA. But I don't see it happening...)

Bagley may be somewhat versatile on offense, but he's a trash defender. So much so that he can't get his foot on the floor in SACRAMENTO. yikes. He doesn't fit the Raps profile at all. He's slowwww.

And besides that, he's got a bad attitude to boot, having aired his grievances every step of the way.

I don't see him being invited to join us here in TO.
              Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Wed Nov 10, 2021, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Boucher is twice the player that Bagley is.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

i think his contract might something like between your and goldblum's evaluation, but closer to goldblum's, and surprised you're not into it as that seems to be your favorite type of contract (i.e. the dennis schoeder/reggie jackson/andre drummond NBA scrap-heap contract).

in which case there's no point in trading for him as you risk him increasing his value in free agency. just sign him off the scrap heap next summer as a depth big if the front office wants that project.

Comment

• I see no reason why delano and flynn cant coexist. They are certainly not redundant. And whats wrong with having lots of ball handling? Nothing, thats what. The coaches here love having lots of ball handling, and for good reason. Delano's emergence has made Dragic unnecessary, and thats about it. And luckily, the staff has buried Dragic on the bench and not parading him around the damn court with their fingers crossed for some ridiculous increase in trade value.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                      And besides that, he's got a bad attitude to boot, having aired his grievances every step of the way..
                      Speak of the devil...

This week in Bagley land...

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        Boucher is twice the player that Bagley is.
                        In terms of what?

Comment

Why would Orlando do this? Bamba has had some health concerns but has been playing well this year. 11.5 ppg, 8.8 rpg, add in over 2 blocks and 39.5% from 3 on 4 attempts per game and the 23 year old Bamba is a stud.

I would love it if it happened, but no way Boucher and a 1st gets that done.
                          Bamba ain't signing with Orlando..plus Orlando isn't gonna give him money he want, his a free agent.
                          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

Bamba ain't signing with Orlando..plus Orlando isn't gonna give him money he want, his a free agent.
                            I'm pretty certain he will be a restricted free agent so can't just leave Orlando. We won't have any cap space so we need to trade to get him.

Comment

• Really good post game interview with Chris after his great performance in Philly. He is very upfront about his troubles so far this season and his mindset coming into the season after his injury. The first 5+ minutes is in english and the last 5+ in french. Well worth a listen. It provides some hope we'll see more of the Philly Chris and less of the previous games Chris. I think he has got his head right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                                Really good post game interview with Chris after his great performance in Philly. He is very upfront about his troubles so far this season and his mindset coming into the season after his injury. The first 5+ minutes is in english and the last 5+ in french. Well worth a listen. It provides some hope we'll see more of the Philly Chris and less of the previous games Chris. I think he has got his head right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
                                Definately rooting for him to succeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X