Everything Chris Boucher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Chris Boucher

Is it possible that we don't yet have a thread for our shooting with a conscience big man from la belle provence? I searched around for a while and couldn't find anything. Now, he might just be bench depth if he makes the team at all but...we had an "everything Segaba Konate" thread. Anyways, he played a good game last night and there was a good quote I wanted to post, so I guess this is the place to do it. Feel free to merge away if I've missed something.

Here's Kyrie on the Raps hot shooting last night

“They were making shots tonight,” Irving said. “You’ve got to give them credit. Even one of their — I think Boucher came in the game, and I think he shoots with two hands. When he starts hitting 3s at the end of the game..."

I think what he meant to say was...BONJOUR!!!!

He cocks his shot a bit like Marcus Camby, but he can knock em down from distance. And every time he gets on the court, he seems to produce.

He makes us damn long if Nurse can find him minutes at the 4.

Comment

I like this kid, hope he gets some minutes this season.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
        I think he will. Positionally, we really just have Gasol, Ibaka and Siakam at the PF-C zone (don't think nurse wants to use OG in that zone a lot anymore, maybe just sporadically). So between Gasol's load management and even Siakam's energy conservation for the playoffs, you will need bodies in that PF/C position. That's why I think will see some more of Boucher this year.

Roster is starting to take shape. I think the 10 guys that will actually see minutes are the 8 champions (Lowry/Norm/OG/Siakam/Gasol/FVV/Serge/McCaw), 9th will be Davis, and the 10th will be a dead heat between Thomas/Miller/Boucher. The "tie" for the 10th guy will probably break situationally. If one of Lowry/FVV/Norm is hurt or resting, we'll probably see more Thomas; if it's Siakam/OG, more Miller; if it's Serge/Gasol, more Boucher (unless the opposing frontcourt is really physical, in which case we'll see Hernandez)

What I like about these top 12 guys is that with the exception of maybe McCaw, everyone is a threat from 3 capable of making defences pay if they don't put a huge focus on the perimeter. That will space the floor big time, opening up lanes to the paint and cuts to the basket with freedom. People talk about how our offence might suffer this year, but frankly I don't see many teams where the top 11-12 guys are solid 3pt shooters like this, that's pretty deep.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
          He will...we got two old dudes at centre, there will be injury/rest at some point
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
            ...Roster is starting to take shape. I think the 10 guys that will actually see minutes are the 8 champions (Lowry/Norm/OG/Siakam/Gasol/FVV/Serge/McCaw), 9th will be Davis, and the 10th will be a dead heat between Thomas/Miller/Boucher...
            I think that no later than 20 games in, Thomas and Boucher are ahead of McCaw.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

I pray you are right. This year seems to be McCaw's turn to drive me nuts (picking up from where he left off as the default after Lorenzo Brown got cut) just by being on the floor.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Very possible. McCaw is probably the fastest player on this team but he's a black hole on offence. In preseason he got a total of 2 field goals in 58 minutes. Right now Nurse likes him because he's been a relatively disciplined defender (and Nurse's message at the moment is that your commitment to team D and the schemes is what will earn you minutes, so he fits the mold). However, unless he develops some offence, I can see Thomas or Boucher overtaking him.

Comment

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post

Very possible. McCaw is probably the fastest player on this team but he's a black hole on offence. In preseason he got a total of 2 field goals in 58 minutes. Right now Nurse likes him because he's been a relatively disciplined defender (and Nurse's message at the moment is that your commitment to team D and the schemes is what will earn you minutes, so he fits the mold). However, unless he develops some offence, I can see Thomas or Boucher overtaking him.
                    I see this sentiment from a lot of people. That McCaw is out there for his defence. But I just don't see it. I think he's the worst defender on the team. No one gets blown by more or more cleanly on a consistent basis.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

I see this sentiment from a lot of people. That McCaw is out there for his defence. But I just don't see it. I think he's the worst defender on the team. No one gets blown by more or more cleanly on a consistent basis.
                      The perimeter blow-by guy leader is clearly Lowry. He's always gambling for the quick steal, gets blown by and then is pissed off at his teammates when the help defense isn't there. It's kind of like fake hustle to avoid the hard work of sticking to your man and fighting over screens. That's a bad habit he picked up during the Casey years when he needed to conserve his energy for offense. Fortunately, Lowry is is smart enough to tone that down in the playoffs

Comment

After the top 7, things are in flux. Nurse keeps telling us though that McCaw is the solid 8th guy so, well, I guess he is and Nurse gets the benefit of the doubt for now. After that, I think it's largely going to be different guys (8+1+1+1+1+1). Most teams open up the rotation for the first 10 games or so and I expect a few guys will get chances to be 9th-10th in the rotation.

Boucher has a great chance if for no other reason than the Raps don't have many options up front even when everyone is healthy and playing and you know Gasol and Ibaka are going to get rest days. I'm still not sold on Boucher but he is productive when he plays and there's something to be said for that....

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

After the top 7, things are in flux. Nurse keeps telling us though that McCaw is the solid 8th guy so, well, I guess he is and Nurse gets the benefit of the doubt for now. After that, I think it's largely going to be different guys (8+1+1+1+1+1). Most teams open up the rotation for the first 10 games or so and I expect a few guys will get chances to be 9th-10th in the rotation.

Boucher has a great chance if for no other reason than the Raps don't have many options up front even when everyone is healthy and playing and you know Gasol and Ibaka are going to get rest days. I'm still not sold on Boucher but he is productive when he plays and there's something to be said for that....
                          Hernandez is the guy they're grooming for the backup C role. He'll get some seasoning in the 905 and will be with the big club after the all-star break at the latest.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Hernandez is the guy they're grooming for the backup C role. He'll get some seasoning in the 905 and will be with the big club after the all-star break at the latest.
                            I didn't see much of the pre-season or summer league but he didn't look too bad for a guy who didn't play basketball for what, 18 months? I always considered him more of next year guy (or two years) but would be great to have some frontcourt depth sooner if he does well in 905.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

I didn't see much of the pre-season or summer league but he didn't look too bad for a guy who didn't play basketball for what, 18 months? I always considered him more of next year guy (or two years) but would be great to have some frontcourt depth sooner if he does well in 905.
                              I like him, he looks like a good rebounder, got a soft touch around him, good passer from the post to the perimeter/cutters. Has an NBA-ready body too. Just needs to get used to the speed of the game. The 905 will help, and I'd give him good minutes vs tanking teams too while Gasol and/or Serge rest

Comment

Working...
                              X