No announcement yet.

Everything Chris Boucher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m surprised that we only have 30 posts on this thread. I suspect we’re going to have a lot more to say about Boucher before this year is up. I’m really optimistic about his trajectory.

Comment

Garbo wrote: View Post
      I’m surprised that we only have 30 posts on this thread. I suspect we’re going to have a lot more to say about Boucher before this year is up. I’m really optimistic about his trajectory.
      Agreed, Boucher has been playing his heart out and taking every minute given to him. I love the fight in this kid and his offense fits so perfectly into Nurses offense. His defense needs to improve but that should come in time with reps on the court as well as the weight room.

Comment

It's hard not to like Boucher but just because he's just semi-cracked a starting lineup, no he's not a kid. He turned 28 last week.
        Late start, he's caught up and fun to watch.

Comment

I think Boucher is playing his way into a key role on the Canadian Team

Comment

Seems like it's not the first time he came out of nowhere. Courtesy of a clip from the tweet below.

Comment

It sucks to be in a slump, but at least this team is full of guys that are easy to root for.

Comment

Unsustainable.
                Kid has no post up and no midrange game.
                I'm rooting for him but also realistic.
                He's all hustle.

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                  Unsustainable.
                  He's all hustle.
                  Hustle and energy gets you far when you're the 4th or 5th option. Only thing that isn't sustainable is his shooting. Everything else is all him.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post

Hustle and energy gets you far when you're the 4th or 5th option. Only thing that isn't sustainable is his shooting. Everything else is all him.
                    Honestly Boucher has become a pretty complete basketball player. He mentioned when he got his contract he spent more time than ever watching film this offseason and understanding the game - it shows. Hes had the skills, and the hustle, think hes just put it together really well. To me thats what stops a lot of the young guys like TD from breaking out from an electric situational player to a full on rotation player.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Honestly Boucher has become a pretty complete basketball player. He mentioned when he got his contract he spent more time than ever watching film this offseason and understanding the game - it shows. Hes had the skills, and the hustle, think hes just put it together really well. To me thats what stops a lot of the young guys like TD from breaking out from an electric situational player to a full on rotation player.
                      First off, do we actually know how much film TD is watching vs. Boucher, to make such statements?

Secondly, who says Davis isn't ready and just needs more minutes and confidence from the coach that he's not going to be benched every other game? Davis is still one of our top net rating players this year (like last year), which was one of the stats that also indicated Boucher could be a breakout candidate, if given more minutes.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

First off, do we actually know how much film TD is watching vs. Boucher, to make such statements?

Secondly, who says Davis isn't ready and just needs more minutes and confidence from the coach that he's not going to be benched every other game? Davis is still one of our top net rating players this year (like last year), which was one of the stats that also indicated Boucher could be a breakout candidate, if given more minutes.
                        Im saying that I see the difference in Bouchers game, and I dont in TDs as much. Im not going to act like Im an expert, you dont have to believe me.

Bouchers understanding of finding open pockets, his timing, and especially vision is much improved. In my opinion the best thing you can do on offense or defense is play quick. The classic example is the Spurs .5 rule - never hold the ball for more than .5 seconds before doing something. Boucher has really improved at his decision making in that split second on receiving the ball. Last year I thought both he and TD were good at attacking quick when that was open but either took too long to find the next pass or forced the action if the defense rotated well. Hence when they were on, they got hot and when they werent Nurse subbed them out quickly. I think net ratinn can be a bit deceiving in this case cause the situational guys get extended run when they are on.

This isnt to say TD is bad, hes definitely improved but playing in the league is tough. He should be getting more run because I think he could fit really well into some of these lineups, but hes still more potential than production to me. The problem is you dont know in a given game what hes going to give you. Until he becomes undeniable Nurse is going to give Norm the longer leash, for better or worse. Like as bad as Baynes and Len have been, the only reason we can afford to bench them is because Boucher, Stanley and Yuta have shown theyll bust their ass on defense to defend whoever, fly out to shooters or the rim, rotate on time and go for every loose ball.

Comment

Boucher was always fun. I like energy guys who dunk and block shots. It mostly felt like he'd try to do 20 minutes of work in 10 minutes of play time. Ended with a lot of jacked shots that were ill-advised. Cool when he'd make them runs going the other way when he didn't.

This year though. Wow. The game slowed down. He isn't jacking shots. There are even moments when he forgets and is about to let a bad shot fly and then stops and plays within the offense.

And the decision making is so improved. He seems like he can make jumpers at the elbow or play make from there. He has great hands and a nose for the net. Some of those finishes through contact are really great. Something I'd like to see Siakam do more of.

He's on a hot streak, but what a big improvement. Really enjoy the offense when he's out there.

Comment

Boucher did and now Davis and Thomas need more minutes. Flynn to but he's got time.
                            On most teams with playoff aspirations, it's hard to find significant development minutes but a few teams do it really well.

Then there's Ute and Stanley ....
                            Last edited by G__Deane; Fri Jan 15, 2021, 07:53 PM.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              Boucher did and now Davis and Thomas need more minutes. Flynn to but he's got time.
                              On most teams with playoff aspirations, it's hard to find significant development minutes but a few teams do it really well.

Then there's Ute and Stanley ....
                              I think it's obvious Boucher understands what is going on around him to a higher degree than previously. He said as much in one interview quote I read. He's had more reps at NBA speed/G League speed than TD. With any luck TD passes that line sometime this season. And stops making the mistakes that hold him back from becoming a regular rotation player.

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                                Unsustainable.
                                He's all hustle.
                                won't argue the unsustainable part but why no midrange game? He doesn't tend to get put in that part of the court but he's on fire from three and his free throws are solid. Why wouldn't he be able to hit in between? No reason he can't get the 50 part of the 40/50/90

Comment

Working...
                                X