Everything Chris Boucher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No IQ.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• I know this could go in the trade forum, but what are your thoughts on a Marvin Bagley for Boucher and Flynn deal.

Bagley is bigger and broader than Boucher but still pretty versatile. The relationship in Sacramento is sour and he could se a change of scenery. May if he gets to Toronto and feel welcome he would re-sign for a few years.

Boucher has looked a little better of late but seems to be missing something this year. Flynn is expendable with Banton.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
        I know this could go in the trade forum, but what are your thoughts on a Marvin Bagley for Boucher and Flynn deal.

Bagley is bigger and broader than Boucher but still pretty versatile. The relationship in Sacramento is sour and he could se a change of scenery. May if he gets to Toronto and feel welcome he would re-sign for a few years.

Boucher has looked a little better of late but seems to be missing something this year. Flynn is expendable with Banton.
        If thats all it takes, i think it would be well worth the risk.. I don't think we have any plans to resign Boucher so it would basically be a Flynn for Bagley long term. We would probably have to play him at the 5 as our PF is loaded now. Or bring him off the bench/Not sure if he is okay with that due to the recent drama in Sac town. Negative is that his lack of defense has been the issue with him.. If he can't fit in or realize his NBA future is on the line if he cant play D then we don't have to resign him or could SnT him as a RFA. The value long term is much higher then either of those dudes.. But i wouldn't want to muck up our cap sheet if he doesn't step up in a new environment. Seems pretty low risk high reward if he could pan out
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

If thats all it takes, i think it would be well worth the risk.. I don't think we have any plans to resign Boucher so it would basically be a Flynn for Bagley long term. We would probably have to play him at the 5 as our PF is loaded now. Or bring him off the bench/Not sure if he is okay with that due to the recent drama in Sac town. Negative is that his lack of defense has been the issue with him.. If he can't fit in or realize his NBA future is on the line if he cant play D then we don't have to resign him or could SnT him as a RFA. The value long term is much higher then either of those dudes.. But i wouldn't want to muck up our cap sheet if he doesn't step up in a new environment. Seems pretty low risk high reward if he could pan out
          Yeah, except Bagley is an RFA ready to get paid on his second contract and probably wants something close to the max. Do Raps really want to give the bag to Bagley? This wouldn't be a buy low situation, from a cap perspective.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, except Bagley is an RFA ready to get paid on his second contract and probably wants something close to the max. Do Raps really want to give the bag to Bagley? This wouldn't be a buy low situation, from a cap perspective.
            Well you can always just let him walk if you dont like what you see? Nobody is giving him the max. The team that drafted him and wasted value draft capital in a year with luka, Trae and Ayton isnt even putting him on the floor

Comment

Well you can always just let him walk if you dont like what you see? Nobody is giving him the max. The team that drafted him and wasted value draft capital in a year with luka, Trae and Ayton isnt even putting him on the floor
              This. He is getting DNP CD in Sacramento. While he is considered a 4 right now I think long term he fits as a 5. I don't see a team backing the Brinks truck up for this guy next year. Maybe he signs a 2 year deal with a player option to stick around a good team that develops players.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

If you’re not going to pay him and let him walk, then might as well get a 2nd round pick for Boucher instead of zero.

Comment

• I don't like chris but we need to stop talking about people like Bagley. He isn't a good fit for the team and he hasn't played well at all thus far,

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

If you’re not going to pay him and let him walk, then might as well get a 2nd round pick for Boucher instead of zero.
                    Im just of the mind that a 22 year old 2nd overall pick remidation project is more valuable then a 2nd rounder.. I mean if all it cost is essentially Flynn then i think its a no brainier. Hell Julius randle wasnt setting the world on fire in year 4 either. Seem like a move you make when your not a title contender and have the ability to take a little risk on a chance to hit a home run if it pans out

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

This. He is getting DNP CD in Sacramento. While he is considered a 4 right now I think long term he fits as a 5. I don't see a team backing the Brinks truck up for this guy next year. Maybe he signs a 2 year deal with a player option to stick around a good team that develops players.
                      Marvin might be hoping he gets to a team he fits in this year, plays half a year. Then maybe he risks signing a Qualifying offer to prove em and get a big bag the next year. Im not super high on tbh but the scenario you described is pretty reasonable to try something and see what happens

Comment

Im just of the mind that a 22 year old 2nd overall pick remidation project is more valuable then a 2nd rounder.. I mean if all it cost is essentially Flynn then i think its a no brainier. Hell Julius randle wasnt setting the world on fire in year 4 either. Seem like a move you make when your not a title contender and have the ability to take a little risk on a chance to hit a home run if it pans out
                        if you are suggesting bagley.. its a hell no from me. I already posted why it should be a no.

Comment

• Hopefully we aim higher than Bagley. He doesn't address any needs for us. I'd rather keep Flynn and trade Boucher for a 2nd.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                            Hopefully we aim higher than Bagley. He doesn't address any needs for us. I'd rather keep Flynn and trade Boucher for a 2nd.
                            Jaxson Hayes is one option. Bagley would make me cry

Comment

• I trade his a@@ to Orlando..
                              Chris Boucher, First Rd pick for Mo Bamba..salaries work and we get our future Center plus his bird rights
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                                I trade his a@@ to Orlando..
                                Chris Boucher, First Rd pick for Mo Bamba..salaries work and we get our future Center plus his bird rights
                                Why would Orlando do this? Bamba has had some health concerns but has been playing well this year. 11.5 ppg, 8.8 rpg, add in over 2 blocks and 39.5% from 3 on 4 attempts per game and the 23 year old Bamba is a stud.

I would love it if it happened, but no way Boucher and a 1st gets that done.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X