Everything Chris Boucher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Of course. Just like Trent is not worth over 20, Boucher is not worth over 10. 12 is too much imo(but not the end of the world). You have to be some kind of an idiot to overpay for this dude. Nothing's really changed as far as i'm concerned, he still plays like an idiot on offense at times. And I really don't care if they lose him this offseason. What he does is EASILY replaceable.
    Boucher was terrible early in the year.. like as bad as guys like Svi and Yuta. But he's been our most productive bench player for awhile now. He leads the Raptors in Net Rating. Meaning we score more points when he plays than when he sits. So even his dumb stuff that he's doing isn't costing us.

He's super aggressive on the boards, helping us generate second chance opportunities. And he has chemistry with Precious allowing us to play both bigs at the same time.

I'd bring him back for sure.. but it will be the term that will decide that not how much he will get paid per year. I don't know who you would use to replace him that will be cheaper. Maybe a kid like Champagnie could. But I'd still probably bring Chris back. At worst he'd be a trade asset we could use in a future transaction.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Boucher was terrible early in the year.. like as bad as guys like Svi and Yuta. But he's been our most productive bench player for awhile now. He leads the Raptors in Net Rating. Meaning we score more points when he plays than when he sits. So even his dumb stuff that he's doing isn't costing us.

He's super aggressive on the boards, helping us generate second chance opportunities. And he has chemistry with Precious allowing us to play both bigs at the same time.

I'd bring him back for sure.. but it will be the term that will decide that not how much he will get paid per year. I don't know who you would use to replace him that will be cheaper. Maybe a kid like Champagnie could. But I'd still probably bring Chris back. At worst he'd be a trade asset we could use in a future transaction.
      boucher was so bad because of how he played that I couldn't wait for his contract to be up. Lately he has been much better at crashing the boards first and foremost. He is better at not trying to handle the ball in transition. He still jumps a lot at offensive players but overall much more disciplined.

If they want a cheaper replacement they could try to go after Jalen Smith. But yeah I think they have to either agree to using him as a trade asset if his salary number will be too high. Right now he is a value add.

Comment

• Hes been outperforming his contract since his first day here. Reward the guy for his hard work. 12x3 sounds right. Im sure he’ll be offered more but hopefully we get a home discount.

Comment

• I suspect the Raps will be real wary of giving Boucher ANY term. More likely see if he bites on a 1 year at double the AAV others are offering.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Of course. Just like Trent is not worth over 20, Boucher is not worth over 10. 12 is too much imo(but not the end of the world). You have to be some kind of an idiot to overpay for this dude. Nothing's really changed as far as i'm concerned, he still plays like an idiot on offense at times. And I really don't care if they lose him this offseason. What he does is EASILY replaceable.
            Not sure why you think what Boucher does is easily replaceable. I think it's actually quite rare in the NBA. Not a lot of bench guys who can throw up 20 points and 20 boards.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Not sure why you think what Boucher does is easily replaceable. I think it's actually quite rare in the NBA. Not a lot of bench guys who can throw up 20 points and 20 boards.
              I mean, it's not like he's putting up 20/20 a game. Just because he's capable of grabbing 20 boards doesn't mean he's good. Drummond is capable of grabbing 20-25 boards A NIGHT and I don't think he's any good. Boucher is a classic energy big. Defensively he's not any good. IQ is below average . He jumps on every pump fake and you can easily bully him in the post.

You can easily find a player who's an upgrade over Boucher in the late 1st round/2nd round of the draft. There's this kid Koloko of Arizona? I think he's projected to go late in the 1st? he'd be an upgrade over Boucher.

Bottomline - I'm not giving Boucher any term. He's not worth over 12m/year. If they lose him they lose him. Who cares. He AND Trent are easily replaceable.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• sheesh......new jersey is on the hook for 35mm/year over the next three years for shit simmons and its worrisome about a nothing 2mm more to keep boucher?....man....tough crowd here....

Comment

• gambler wrote: View Post
                  sheesh......new jersey is on the hook for 35mm/year over the next three years for shit simmons and its worrisome about a nothing 2mm more to keep boucher?....man....tough crowd here....
                  Yeah, Great One is alone on this. Saying Boucher is easily replaceable by a 2nd round pick does not jive with reality. If Boucher was so bad defensively he wouldn't have a positive net rating. We're better when he's on the court. Definitely not easy to replace. Tossing Trent in there as well makes the take even more questionable.

Comment

• I’m not a Boucher fan either. He’s definitely improved this season, and I like what he’s bringing. I cringe when he chucks up threes still.

I wouldn’t give him over 10M. We need value contracts with all the big raises we’ll be giving guys.

I don’t agree with Great One about Trent Jr, he has some huge up side, and it’s worth investing in.

Comment

...If they lose him they lose him. Who cares. He AND Trent are easily replaceable...
                      Care to name 5 or 6 players taken in the "late 1st round/2nd round of the draft" who could easily replace Chris and Gary?

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Care to name 5 or 6 players taken in the "late 1st round/2nd round of the draft" who could easily replace Chris and Gary?
                        To be honest, the more important debate might be about the replaceability of Fred, especially at the anticipated > $30M/year price tag, next off-season. Early in the season, a lot of posters were convinced we would be a lottery team if Fred got injured, but instead we are playing our best basketball of the season with Fred hobbled (quelle surprise) and in & out of the lineup.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

41M/ 3 years Wood received from Houston.

the non tax payer MLE is $9.3M if I am correct…do you think Raptors would offer him a $36M for 4 years and will he bite out of loyalty ? He is 30 years old after all.

Edit: stand corrected he will turn 30 in January
                          I think there will be other teams out there that will be willing to give Boucher the term he probably wants, but Raps can't.

One of the challenges of having a team that isn't deep is that the 5-6 man rotation that are getting the bulk of the minutes are all worthy of making minimums in the range of $20M per. It's going to take some serious negotiating to keep everyone together as their contracts come up. Still have to pay the bench guys to fill out the roster as well.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

To be honest, the more important debate might be about the replaceability of Fred, especially at the anticipated > $30M/year price tag, next off-season. Early in the season, a lot of posters were convinced we would be a lottery team if Fred got injured, but instead we are playing our best basketball of the season with Fred hobbled (quelle surprise) and in & out of the lineup.
                            brunson is a much better deal at 20...tehn you have 15 to go somewhere else

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

imo....thats absolutely hilarious...especially the trent jr

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I mean, yeah, the last two games Fred missed they beat Philly and Denver but the three games he missed before that they lost to Detroit, Orlando and Cleveland so I'd be real careful about ascribing any success to a lack of Fred.

If anything, them succeeding with Fred being so limited just speaks to how freaking impactful Fred is that even with him not at his best they look so good with him there and a quasi-healthy lineup otherwise.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X