Everything Chris Boucher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

You mean Fred's been less impactful while hurt than while healthy? Shocking.

Pascal has indeed been the team's best (and most impactful) player. But he should be.

Fred has had the best on-off split of the starters besides Pascal since Nov 13th (excluded the first few games from Pascal's initial return). And advanced stats suggest that even if he's not a top 5 player like the early season results indicated (which obviously always had some context in there), they still peg him as a 95th percentile player or so, which is not the sort of thing that is replaceable.

The entire team construct is about players being able to take on larger roles when called upon, while having more success in their more limited roles when everything is going well. Replace Fred with a guy who can only do what Fred does when Fred is taking a back seat, and it comes back to bite you in the playoffs when teams know that and make that guy try to do what Fred can do.

Now, there is every reason to have a long discussion about paying Fred a max or close to it. But that's... always true? Of every player? Heck, I don't think they should be maxing Fred out. And honestly I doubt the market yields 30M+ for him in free agency, free agency has undervalued Fred at every turn. But they should be VERY hesitant to move on from him thinking what he does is replaceable. It's really not, especially with the cap situation they are in.
    This is a Chris Boucher thread….why would you spend a whole novel defending VanVleet on a Boucher thread.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

This is a Chris Boucher thread….why would you spend a whole novel defending VanVleet on a Boucher thread.
      Would it be because he is replying to someone who brought up Fred? Asking for a friend.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Would it be because he is replying to someone who brought up Fred? Asking for a friend.
        There is a double standard then.

Comment

• He needs a bump of his own dedicated thread….

those little things that we won’t see on the scorecard, that’s what he do for this team since the time he don that Raps jersey

Masai and Bobby will need a little creativity if they keep him or find any kind of leverage if ever they search for a new place for him…if he walks then he is well deserved of whatever the market can give him.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
            He needs a bump of his own dedicated thread….

those little things that we won’t see on the scorecard, that’s what he do for this team since the time he don that Raps jersey

Masai and Bobby will need a little creativity if they keep him or find any kind of leverage if ever they search for a new place for him…if he walks then he is well deserved of whatever the market can give him.
            I hope they can find a way to keep him. He seems to do stuff nobody else on the team does as well, but he is doing them with more considered intent now. I think he has a good picture of how he fits in and what he has to do to have an impact. He is focussing on those things and IS having an impact. A world of difference between the first four weeks of his season and the last four.

Agree with you that he deserves whatever the market can give him because he has reinvented himself and is now a solid contributor.

Comment

• Boucher had a good playoffs and probably increased his market value. I used to have him as a MLE guy but think he's probably getting a bit more than that. We have his bird rights and I'd like to see him back. What do you guys think his next contract looks like? 3 years for $40 mill total? (13-ish per). 2 years for $30 mill?

Comment

• Pound for pound the hardest playing guy on the Raptors. Probably the most un-aesthetically pleasing player in the league, but incredibly effective.

Comment

• He's an energy guy which is great as a mid to end of the of rotation piece. Does have some skill as well.

He's just not very disciplined on defense which has me thinking he won't be back next season unless Raps strikeout on finding a replacement.

Comment

• Boucher really found himself in the second half of the season, and was impressive in the playoffs... as long as it's not a massive over pay, I think he gets resigned. His next contract has to be attractive to other teams, he is a potential trade asset.

Comment

• Just like with Thad, a one year overpay makes sense. Will come down to what they can fit under the tax for all the pieces, and what the market is like for these guys.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Must keep. Thad and Bouch is insta bench. I'd prefer starting Precious and sliding Gary as the Tyler Herro 6 man.

But Thad and Bouch have something special going together

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Thad and Boucher held their own as the big pair in the playoffs (+4 net rating when not beside a C) though it helped that they got the Embiid-less minutes for a big part of that. Pairing got absolutely caved in the regular season though.

Absolutely dominant beside Khem in the regular season, about break even with Precious. Didn't play beside Khem in the playoffs, absolutely dominated playing beside Precious.

So, love the pairing, don't love them as the two bigs. As the two forwards, with a center? Absolutely.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Thad and Boucher held their own as the big pair in the playoffs (+4 net rating when not beside a C) though it helped that they got the Embiid-less minutes for a big part of that. Pairing got absolutely caved in the regular season though.

Absolutely dominant beside Khem in the regular season, about break even with Precious. Didn't play beside Khem in the playoffs, absolutely dominated playing beside Precious.

So, love the pairing, don't love them as the two bigs. As the two forwards, with a center? Absolutely.
                            I don't think thad figured out his role until very very late. Basically the bench's scottie/draymond. I expect a strong bench next year if we bring both back and add a little more shooting
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I don't think thad figured out his role until very very late. Basically the bench's scottie/draymond. I expect a strong bench next year if we bring both back and add a little more shooting
                              I mean, sure, but the results were still way better with a C in the playoffs than without one, and were underwhelming without one considering those were the Embiid rest minutes for the most part. Like I said, love them as the two forwards off the bench, and the team loves to play big anyway, so there should be no concern re: keeping them from being the big pair. If there are injuries, sure.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Thad and Boucher held their own as the big pair in the playoffs (+4 net rating when not beside a C) though it helped that they got the Embiid-less minutes for a big part of that. Pairing got absolutely caved in the regular season though.

The trick with thad is to use him at the top of the paint as a play maker.

Comment

Working...
                                X