Game #1: New Orleans Pelicans 122 - Toronto Raptors 130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #1: New Orleans Pelicans 122 - Toronto Raptors 130

Welcome back to the Champion's Republic. Does it feel real yet? Actually, the weirder thing is that it feels like we've always been champions. Was there every a time we weren't? I can't recall it. Let this flag fly forever.

But now...the back to back drive starts with Game 1 against our old rival...the Pelicans?! No matter...tomorrow is all about the ringz. Remember the ceremony starts closer to 7:30
    As for the opponents? Here they are...

ZION IS COMING! ZION IS COMING!! ZION IS COMING!!!

Or.....maybe not. In the grand tradition of Pelicans superstars being injured for their lone trip to Toronto, Zion will be sitting this one out. But, there are others..

So here's the presumed starting lineup

PG

SG

SF

PF

C

A (possibly) mighty foe but they are no match for what they are about to take on..

Yes...I realize there are a few faces there that won't be on the floor Tuesday night but to that I add these sage words from TSN's JLew

But, with that said, I'd been fine if every post this year had some version of this..

Go Raps!

Kawhi may no longer be with us, but we still have the RR finals MVP jclaw. Let's get it!!
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

First of 82+ games as the defending NBA Champions. Let’s savor it.

Also, automatic upvote for The Good Place gif
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
        Let’s savor it.
        Nah bro. Let’s SAVOUR it.
        Like good Canadians.
        Eff that American way of spelling shit.

Comment

Comment

First game thread of a new season !!!
            A season unlike any other so far in that the team we all cheer for are the defending champions of the NBA

Should be a great night. The banners go up.. not simply Atlantic Division Winners banners but League championship ones. Nothing that gets said or hinted at or whispered by the NBA MSM takes away from the black and white outcome that the Toronto Raptors kicked the Golden State Warriors ass hard four games to two. The woulda coulda shoulda shit is just that. Shit. The two games the Warriors won were fortunate for them. The Raps beat the Warriors by an average of 10 points a game in the games they won. The ones they lost they lost by 1 point and 5 points. So when you hear the dismissive tones of the Broussard, Smith, Rose, Nichols, Fridell et al. crew... know its 100% pure sour grapes.

Pellys come in without Zion Williamson which is too bad as we only get to see this guy twice.
            Likely getting the start in his stead is Derrick Favours. Its to bad cuz we don't get to see Pascal take on the next one. Such is life

Serge and Marc should be able to handle Okafor and the rookie Hayes without to much trouble.
            Pascal handles Favours as he just can't stay with him.
            It gets interesting on the wing as the Pellys sport Raptor killers Holiday and Moore along with an up and coming Ingram and the always dangerous JJ Reddick. Raps going to counter with OG , Norm Stanley and TD2 with a flash now and again of Freddy .
            Handling the ball for the Pelllys is Lonzo Ball who will be much much better than he was in LA. Still Kyle and Fred will give the champs an advantage.

Need the perimeter defense to be good tonight and to limit Holiday in the lane...Watch for Gasol and Serge and Pascal to have big games.
            Raps W.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

Woop woop! Forum activity is welp welp though, it's as if everyone's emotionally discharged and still haven't recovered after the championship.
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                Woop woop! Forum activity is welp welp though, it's as if everyone's emotionally discharged and still haven't recovered after the championship.
                Championship hangover.

Comment

It’s definitely more civil and positive on here since the championship.

I suspect it will be that way until the first loss.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                    It’s definitely more civil and positive on here since the championship.

I suspect it will be that way until the first loss.
                    All the trolls are falling by the wayside.

remember that claw guy? He spent all year telling us how stupid nurse is and how shitty fred is.

all that he accomplished was showing us how dumb he is.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

All the trolls are falling by the wayside.

remember that claw guy? He spent all year telling us how stupid nurse is and how shitty fred is.

all that he accomplished was showing us how dumb he is.
                      Awww...haha still butt hurt because I needled you that you are the resident “fence sitter” around here.

Nurse and Fred made you like a bachelors degree after that Sixers series.

continue....lol

Comment

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Awww...haha still butt hurt because I needled you that you are the resident “fence sitter” around here.

continue....lol
                        There he is!

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

continue....lol
                          That hurts

Comment

Yikes. This guy has Greg Oden written all over him.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

I heard today that Zion is the 2nd HEAVIEST player in the NBA right now....and he's 20

Let that sink in.

Comment

Working...
                              X