Game #1: New Orleans Pelicans 122 - Toronto Raptors 130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

So DeMar's not a volume shooter any more?
    Must be sulking because the Spurs are playing hardball with his extension.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

RJ Barrett must resurrect Canada's image as an elite NBA player producer
      Barrett had a really good first game. 21 points (9/13), 5 rebs, 2ast, 2stls. He looked pretty good on defense and made a couple of next level plays including a nice deflection and blind, over the shoulder pass while falling out of bounds up ahead to Randle for a dunk (Randle's reaction was hilarious, "Someone made a pass to me!"). He's playing a lot of minutes, though (37). This is exactly what Fizdale did with Knox last year and he was burned out by January.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Barrett had a really good first game. 21 points (9/13), 5 rebs, 2ast, 2stls. He looked pretty good on defense and made a couple of next level plays including a nice deflection and blind, over the shoulder pass while falling out of bounds up ahead to Randle for a dunk (Randle's reaction was hilarious, "Someone made a pass to me!"). He's playing a lot of minutes, though (37). This is exactly what Fizdale did with Knox last year and he was burned out by January.
        Barrett is a lot better than Knox, and for that matter, Wiggins. I really hope he plays for Canada next summer.

I dont know where the "inefficient scorer" tag stuck lazily, but hes much more than that. He moves without the ball, he sees the floor and makes plays for others, built like a grown man, defends well..

I dont know if he'll ever be a superstar or anything but hes gonna be a coveted nba player for many years. Hes the first real noteworthy piece the Knicks can build off since Porzingis. In fact he'll probably win ROY since Zion got hurt.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Barrett is a lot better than Knox, and for that matter, Wiggins. I really hope he plays for Canada next summer.

I dont know where the "inefficient scorer" tag stuck lazily, but hes much more than that. He moves without the ball, he sees the floor and makes plays for others, built like a grown man, defends well..

I dont know if he'll ever be a superstar or anything but hes gonna be a coveted nba player for many years. Hes the first real noteworthy piece the Knicks can build off since Porzingis. In fact he'll probably win ROY since Zion got hurt.
          What struck me about Barrett was his ability to finish in the paint. He made a couple of plays where he just took it right at the Spurs and finished over good defenders who were all over him playing really tough defense. Knicks got very lucky he fell to third.....

Comment

• Come on Jclaw, let's get the next game thread going!
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Why do these Spurs reporters keeps asking him about this though

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                Why do these Spurs reporters keeps asking him about this though

I hope DeMar lands with a contender at some point. He may have to take less money and a reduced role but it would be nice to see him get a championship.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I hope DeMar lands with a contender at some point. He may have to take less money and a reduced role but it would be nice to see him get a championship.
                  Stick with Pop. He's not done with the NBA finals yet..
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Stick with Pop. He's not done with the NBA finals yet..
                    Is 2007 Tim Duncan coming out of retirement and through time to play next year? Cause unless that is happening, Popovich is indeed done with the NBA finals....

Comment

Zion would have to miss half the season to miss winning the ROY imo. NBA marketing hype machine demands it.

Comment

Working...
                      X