Gravy To GSW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravy To GSW

I saw this posted on the trade board and thought it could be somewhat realistic.

Could we trade Greivy and a pick to Golden State for Harrison Barnes?

I'm not completely sold on Barnes, I don't think having two guys that let their confidence alter their game so much is good for a team (we already have tross). But he's young and still improving, and he's already pretty good so if we did get him I'm not complaining. This trade makes sense for us obviously because we get a guy that can be our starting SF in a couple years.

For GS, it makes sense too. Gravy is their go to guy for instant offense off the bench. They need a back up point guard that can create offense, and hitting threes doesn't hurt because they'll fit in the offense more easily. Greivis fits all of this exactly. I doubt they do it for Vasquez and a second so we'd have to give a first but would you do that?

Vasquez+2015 First for Barnes??

I think it would be Raptors' loss, if they were to throw in the 1st rounder..
    I can't imagine Masai pulling this move at all :s

Comment

God no.

Vasquez for Barnes straight up? I could do that.

Include the pick? No way.

Comment

Can we please stop talking about trading away 1st round picks for different prospects? Not smart, let's draft our own guys or use those picks later on to acquire REAL stars.

Agree with Matt that I'd do Vasquez for Barnes straight up but I don't think GSW would. That would actually be a nice move for us especially if we end up drafting a PG anyway.

Comment

I'm hoping Vasquez is back as back up PG and crunch time combo guard.

Comment

So everyone's against throwing in a first, what about Vasquez and a second? GS will not do the trade straight up

Comment

I'm surprised everyone is against this. A journeyman PG and a #20 pick for Barnes? Ya why not. Who are we getting at 20 better than Barnes?

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                So everyone's against throwing in a first, what about Vasquez and a second? GS will not do the trade straight up
                I like that this is written like you got GSW on the other line.

Guys they say they won't do straight up, can I offer the 2nd to them?

Comment

I'd rather have Vasquez myself, I think he fills a greater hole than Barnes would.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                    I'm surprised everyone is against this. A journeyman PG and a #20 pick for Barnes? Ya why not. Who are we getting at 20 better than Barnes?
                    They'd be sending out 2 assets for 1.

We know Vasquez is a quality NBA backup PG.
                    The #20 is an unknown but this is a very deep draft plus they'd be looking at 4 years with restricted free agency and about 1/2 to 1/3 the annual salary of Barnes.

Barnes is still an unknown 2 years in to his career and he is owed $3M+ each of the next 2 years.

Vasquez would definitely fill a need for GS. They weren't the same this year without a quality backup PG like they had last year in Jarrett Jack.

Comment

Guys I never said our #20 this year, I'd prefer to keep that one as we have a good chance of getting a replacement for Vasquez, whether it's Ennis if he drops or if it's Payton I wanna say his name is, Napier's there too. But I would do Vasquez+#37 for Barnes. Trading Vasquez now is the definition of selling high and doing it correctly.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                        I like that this is written like you got GSW on the other line.

Guys they say they won't do straight up, can I offer the 2nd to them?
                        This made me chuckle, odds are we're all gonna be biased towards Toronto so we have to have someone be somewhat rational

Comment

I'd give #20 straight up for Barnes, or Vasquez and a 2015 or 16 2nd rounder. I'm not sure if GS would do it though. Barnes has legit SF size and athleticism that we covet. His numbers went down this year, but I think he would be a good addition to this young roster.

Comment

For that price (vasquez + pick) I think I would rather keep Vasquez and Ross than have Barnes and Ross and try to find another PG. He's a solid backup and when they played the dreaded 2PG lineup with him and Lowry it didn't make me want to vomit.

Comment

Come to think of it. I'd try keep Vasquez and only trade the #20th ( and a future second rounder if needed) for Barnes. At 37 we may get a player that can contribute in the future or at a small capacity this season (Damien Inglis, Early, Patrick Young). We could have a nice core group going forward, just adding roll players through the draft and free agency. We have the MLE to get a better back up C this year, and possibly add another vet to take over Salmons spot.

JV
                              Amir/Patterson
                              Barnes/Ross
                              DeMAr/Ross/Vasquez
                              Lowry/Vasquez

Need one more player for a good 9 man rotation.
                              Last edited by saints91; Sat Jun 14, 2014, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X