Game #2: Toronto Raptors 106 - Boston Celtics 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #2: Toronto Raptors 106 - Boston Celtics 112

Time to get into the daily grind of defending the Championship. A back to back one this weekend with Boston and Chicago. Hey...doesn't "back to back" have a nice ring to it? After all the festivities, and the Raps expected slow start, they started their title defence with a solid and entertaining win agains the scrappy Pelicans. As for our next opponent, they are kind of new but kind of just the same. I think there may be something to the Isaiah Thomas curse (TM). Boston looked pretty so so against the Sixers in a night where the first team to actually make a basket probably won. And, just for good measure, their departed leader scored a ton of points in order to just lose to a bottom tier Western team. But Boston has always been a tricky place to play and while it sounds like Freddy will be ok to play, we may struggle with one of our Magnificent Seven (also TM) at less than full strength. So with that said, let's get on with meeting the opponents...

PG

SG

SF

F
    (I mean, really...would it even be fair to make fun of this guy anymore?)

C

Edit...he's injured so..

C

Edit...he's injured also, so i guess...

C
    (full disclosure..I had to look that one up)

That's the competition.
    Now let's see who they're up against..

Should be a close battle. Kemba shot 4 of 18 against Philly but he usually shoots 22 of 18 against us. But maybe Pascal hits a few more bunnies and we've got our own first 50 point scorer of the 2019 season. It rarely dull when we play there (haven't even touched on Kyle and his not worthy foe, Smart). The team in green will be hyped up for their home opener but we should be able to handle it. That's what a championship gives you.

So, I'll leave you with these two things.
    Because it's Boston..

And, because it's us..

Go Raps!
    Last edited by Jclaw; Thu Oct 24, 2019, 07:53 PM.

Nice. Let's keep the win streak going. Not much sweeter in the regular season than beating Boston.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The opponent photos were a bit dry but hopefully you enjoyed the one for the starting centre. For anyone who was unsure, that's a "decanter". So what are you left with if you have a "decanter" and you take away the "D"?

Thanks...I'll be here all week (hopefully). Try the veal.

Comment

Anyone know how much one of those rings costs? Like the actual rings the players have?

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
          Anyone know how much one of those rings costs? Like the actual rings the players have?
          I know there is a version that has real diamond that is going for $10,000. But im pretty sure that verison doesnt have as much diamonds at the ones the players got. The real version has like 600+ diamonds
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Wow

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I know there is a version that has real diamond that is going for $10,000. But im pretty sure that verison doesnt have as much diamonds at the ones the players got. The real version has like 600+ diamonds
              The GSW rings from a few years back were appraised at $13,000 and they were about a third of the stones compared to the Raps and nowhere near total carats. I’m guessing close to six figures.

Comment

2pat looks like a high level role player again

Comment

Just wait a quarter
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

The Warriors have Curry, Green, Russell and a bunch of players i've never heard of. These guys might not make the playoffs.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Doc is a great coach.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Doc is a great coach.
                        Doc sure is the reason why he's hitting wide open 3's again. Or maybe because the Clippers are up 30.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Clippers will win the Championship

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Clippers will win the Championship
                            Yep unfortunately. Kawhi didnt just "wanna go home", he also increased his chances at more titles. If these guys stay healthy, this is the next 3 year dynasty
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yep unfortunately. Kawhi didnt just "wanna go home", he also increased his chances at more titles. If these guys stay healthy, this is the next 3 year dynasty
                              yeah. No salt. Genuinely happy for him as a person. As a fan of Raptors obviously it raises the question of what we need to do to get back there

Comment

Working...
                              X