No announcement yet.

Game #2: Toronto Raptors 106 - Boston Celtics 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My only disappoint through 2 games has been the super tight rotation. Nurse is turning into Casey all of a sudden. What happened to the mantra of last season?

Comment

• Awful game. 23 Turnovers, Bostons 21 offensive rebounds and Gasol...brutal to watch. Siakam and Lowery got their points. End of game (last 4 minutes) execution was poor. FVV seemed to be a step slower than opening night. Ankle Injury slowing him down? Boston was no fun to watch either although they moved the ball around much better than raps. Boston got a good whistle from the refs. It helped.

Comment

• So does this mean Celtics are the Champions now? When do the raptors give their rings to the Celtics players?
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I used to think Kemba was a lovable loser...moves to Boston and instantly becomes a douchey loser..good to see he can fill kyries large douchey shoes

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
            Marc shot a cool 0/8

that’ll win ya ballgames
            Trade him for JV

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I used to think Kemba was a lovable loser...moves to Boston and instantly becomes a douchey loser..good to see he can fill kyries large douchey shoes
              it's the green
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                Boucher can't be any worse. Its a long season, I rather we just develop our players and just sneak into the playoffs these next 2 years. Then we'll have a team ready to compete when Giannis or someone joins us.
                I'm on board with that approach..... develop a second star (Pascal) and some high end role players (OG, FVV, Norm, TD, Thomas) to attract a FA superstar. Pascal can be our Paul George and maybe Kawhi comes back. lol.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

it's the green
                  It's automatically u becoming a D-bag wearing that uniform.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Marc can suck all year, I'll still take the championship.
                    Yah but we already have the championship....so he can't suck all year

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I'm on board with that approach..... develop a second star (Pascal) and some high end role players (OG, FVV, Norm, TD, Thomas) to attract a FA superstar. Pascal can be our Paul George and maybe Kawhi comes back. lol.
                      Clippers strategy
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I thought that was a great game, things didn’t go our way at the end there and we didn’t rebound well enough. It’s very early in the season and lots of promising signs through the first two games make me excited.

I do hope Nurse loosens the rotation because Kyle is guaranteed to burn out at this pace and his current weight. Marc was going to struggle early on, he didn’t even get a break. I just think Nurse has to lean on Serge a lot more this year and he’ll figure that out.

Pascal is LEGIT. He may not be Kawhi (who is?) but all he really needs to add is a midrange jumper and he’s a top 10-15 guy. Gotta stay out of foul trouble though. Turnovers will be an issue as he works his way through the first time in his life he’s seen a double team on a consistent basis.

All in all, that was a fun game! On to the next.

Comment

• Tough loss. Mark will be fine for this year but should play 65 games.

My guy Bismack Biyombo in my opinion gets bought out in February, last year of his deal. Get him on the minimum to come in and rebound his ass off.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                            I thought that was a great game, things didn’t go our way at the end there and we didn’t rebound well enough. It’s very early in the season and lots of promising signs through the first two games make me excited.

I do hope Nurse loosens the rotation because Kyle is guaranteed to burn out at this pace and his current weight. Marc was going to struggle early on, he didn’t even get a break. I just think Nurse has to lean on Serge a lot more this year and he’ll figure that out.

Pascal is LEGIT. He may not be Kawhi (who is?) but all he really needs to add is a midrange jumper and he’s a top 10-15 guy. Gotta stay out of foul trouble though. Turnovers will be an issue as he works his way through the first time in his life he’s seen a double team on a consistent basis.

All in all, that was a fun game! On to the next.
                            SHOTS Boston 109 Raptors 78. Marc 0 - 8, FVV 2 - 11. Watching the turnovers and rebounding kinda takes away from Siakam's and Lowry's great shooting night. We were up by 6 going into the 4th and couldn't manage to score in last 4 mins it seemed.

Comment

• Ah, that sucks. No surprises? Boston's defence is good, turning you over is what they do. Raps rebounding is weak, Kawhi really helped with timely rebounds last year. Boston's shooting is not that good but the game was lost on points off turnovers.

Siakam's next step, even before a midrange jumper, will just be being the guy you can throw the ball to down the stretch of a game like that.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• So...Gasol had the best +/- on the team tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X