No announcement yet.

Game #2: Toronto Raptors 106 - Boston Celtics 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They played this about 5 times during the broadcast tonight. Kawhi absolutely dunking all over Lebron. New balance has genius marketing.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

damn once you up there you don't wanna go back. I dread when this becomes our reality. Fuck man
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

They played this about 5 times during the broadcast tonight. Kawhi absolutely dunking all over Lebron. New balance has genius marketing.
        "We got Now" is a pretty cool line. It ain't no "We the North" but it's pretty cool

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

This plus the Terminator spot - they've marketed his unmarketability. Just at the start of last season he was getting mocked for his weird laugh, his quietness, the San Antonio fall out. Now all the stuff that makes him Kawhi is part of the campaign and people love it, New Balance got Kawhi in on the joke. It's brilliant.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I'm happy for Kawhi, but I ain't ever buying anything New Balance again.

Comment

suspenders wrote: View Post
              I'm happy for Kawhi, but I ain't ever buying anything New Balance again.
              Yeah, these shoe companies are a big part of the reason why the top free agents are going to NY and LA. They can make up the difference in salary with shoe deal income and companies like New Balance are giving them the incentive to move. The NBA needs to look into compensating small markets for the disadvantages of extra revenues from endorsements and no state tax in some markets. Maybe something like an unequal salary cap.

Comment

Sucks losing Kawhi to LA, but let's not drag this break-up on by filling up game threads with Kawhi talk. We've got a conference to claim and it starts by crushing Boston. Serge, Gasol and Siakam all with big games tonight!

Comment

Third win in a row for the good guys.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    Sucks losing Kawhi to LA, but let's not drag this break-up on by filling up game threads with Kawhi talk. We've got a conference to claim and it starts by crushing Boston. Serge, Gasol and Siakam all with big games tonight!
                    Agreed.

I love this Raptors team! Time to destroy Boston tonight

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, these shoe companies are a big part of the reason why the top free agents are going to NY and LA. They can make up the difference in salary with shoe deal income and companies like New Balance are giving them the incentive to move. The NBA needs to look into compensating small markets for the disadvantages of extra revenues from endorsements and no state tax in some markets. Maybe something like an unequal salary cap.
                      If the nba reeeeeeally wanted to make things fair theyd try and negotiate for a hard cap. But they clearly dont care about that issue all that much
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Kanter is out tonight for the Celtics.

Comment

Let me see if I got the pictures right.

Antoine Walker == Kemba Walker
                          Smashed UPS truck == Jaylen Brown (Brown truck maybe?)
                          Channing Tatum == Jayson Tatum
                          Gordon Hayward == Gordon Hayward (and I think the statute of limitations is over - we can make fun of him now)
                          Wine Cantor == Ennis Kanter

I can't get the last two. Looking at their roster of guys who can play C I have Robert Williams, Daniel Theis, some guy named Vincent Poirer and Tacko Fall.

Bangs head on wall.. is that some how Tacko Fall, like he's falling into a door? He's injured so probably him.

No idea who the last guy is but he looks like a Vincent.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

If the nba reeeeeeally wanted to make things fair theyd try and negotiate for a hard cap. But they clearly dont care about that issue all that much
                            I wonder if most fans care for "fair" either. Hockey has the hard cap, and now people are complaining that they don't get to see their favourite team with a bunch of superstars together like they used to, due to the cap.

Comment

I'm a fan of the soft cap in the NBA.. I think they do it better than most sports. I really don't like baseball where you can just pay for a championship literally. I hate hockey since parity is so boring. I have no idea how the NFL does it, but I heard they have a lot of non-guaranteed contracts. I'm usually pro team over pro player but that's cold blooded.

Comment

suspenders wrote: View Post

I wonder if most fans care for "fair" either. Hockey has the hard cap, and now people are complaining that they don't get to see their favourite team with a bunch of superstars together like they used to, due to the cap.
                                Agree, I hate the hockey hard cap as well. Teams get punished for drafting well, you can only keep a core together for a few years until you start shedding pieces. I wish they had the similar system to the nba, with bird rights and trades within 15% of salary or whatever. Would encourage more movement too which is fun.

but I'm just playing devils advocate. Hard cap makes it an much more open field of contenders, annually. If that's what they want.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X