X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Let me see if I got the pictures right.

Antoine Walker == Kemba Walker Ding, ding, ding! Another number 8 Walker
    Smashed UPS truck == Jaylen Brown (Brown truck maybe?) "What can Brown do for you?" (the UPS tag line)
    Channing Tatum == Jayson Tatum Yup
    Gordon Hayward == Gordon Hayward (and I think the statute of limitations is over - we can make fun of him now)
    Wine Cantor == Ennis Kanter Check out the explanation in post#3

I can't get the last two. Looking at their roster of guys who can play C I have Robert Williams, Daniel Theis, some guy named Vincent Poirer and Tacko Fall.

Bangs head on wall.. is that some how Tacko Fall, like he's falling into a door? He's injured so probably him. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nged-head.html

No idea who the last guy is but he looks like a Vincent.
    I had to look it up too. Williams' nickname is TimeLord...that, apparently, is TimeLord

Thanks for playing along

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Sucks losing Kawhi to LA, but let's not drag this break-up on by filling up game threads with Kawhi talk. We've got a conference to claim and it starts by crushing Boston. Serge, Gasol and Siakam all with big games tonight!
      This. Happy he was here and helped us get a championship, but he moved on, and I definitely have.

Super excited to see what our young guys can do and looking forward to seeing how Masai positions us for success this upcoming season.

Comment

There isn't a single team I like seeing the Raptors beat more than Boston. I actually like the players, I just hate the fans.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          I'm a fan of the soft cap in the NBA.. I think they do it better than most sports. I really don't like baseball where you can just pay for a championship literally. I hate hockey since parity is so boring. I have no idea how the NFL does it, but I heard they have a lot of non-guaranteed contracts. I'm usually pro team over pro player but that's cold blooded.
          NFL has a hard cap and non-guaranteed contracts which definitely goes a long way towards creating parity. this year the league has a middle class 20-24 teams deep. who emerges as contenders has a lot to do with health and strength of schedule. it's definitely cold blooded and a reason you see hold-out's every year.

fuck the celtics.

Comment

chris wrote: View Post

NFL has a hard cap and non-guaranteed contracts which definitely goes a long way towards creating parity. this year the league has a middle class 20-24 teams deep. who emerges as contenders has a lot to do with health and strength of schedule. it's definitely cold blooded and a reason you see hold-out's every year.

fuck the celtics.
            Meh, I've always thought that NFL results have far more to do with the short schedule than they do with league-wide parity. Somebody has probably looked at that but I don't think the fact you have a lot of teams with similar records in a given year is necessarily a sign of parity...

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

Meh, I've always thought that NFL results have far more to do with the short schedule than they do with league-wide parity. Somebody has probably looked at that but I don't think the fact you have a lot of teams with similar records in a given year is necessarily a sign of parity...
              Yup. If the NFL regular season was 82 games long, there would be a lot LESS parity.

Comment

I really want to see Pascal dominate these guys. It would be the perfect way to announce his arrival as a #1 option
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

How did the schedule maker give us a back to back this early, on the road and both for those team's (Boston and the Bulls) and their home openers?

Thanks for nothing. Go Raps, Game Day!

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                    How did the schedule maker give us a back to back this early, on the road and both for those team's (Boston and the Bulls) and their home openers?

Better to have the B2B's early than later on in the year.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

It may be a blessing disguise as it will force Nurse to open up the bench. Just selfishly, I want to see some of the new guys play!

Comment

Who gets Siakam for the Celts? Tatum?

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                          Who gets Siakam for the Celts? Tatum?
                          Celtics fans seem to think it’ll be Jaylen Brown

Comment

I'd think Tatum, he's been guarding PF's. Brown will have to take Fred probably, put Hayward on OG/Powell and Kemba on Lowry.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              Clippers will win the Championship
                              I expect the Lakers to win it. Lakers have a great set of players, but it is not easy to have a specific role for every player. I think with the advance of the season, many things will be figured out for Lakers. I expect the Western final to be between Lakers and Clippers, and Lakers will win it.
                              But, injury can change every thing.

Comment

What do the people here think of Tacko Fall ?
                                I feel so sorry that Massi did not catch him after the draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X