Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #3: Toronto Raptors 108 - Chicago Bulls 84

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Game #3: Toronto Raptors 108 - Chicago Bulls 84

    After a close loss to the Celtics, it's a quick turnaround as the Raptors head to Illinois for the second night of a back-to-back. The Bulls will also be playing their second game in as many nights, as they are taking on Memphis on the road this evening. Let's see if our boys can get back on track before flying back for a two-game Halloween week homestand!


    Projected Starting Lineups
























    Keys to the Game

    1. Depth?
    Stanley Johnson made his debut against the Celtics, but he only played 5 minutes. Terence Davis only played 9. Lowry and VanVleet played 40+, while Siakam surely would have as well if it wasn't for foul trouble. This is not sustainable, and Nurse will need to turn to the bench (aside from Ibaka and Powell) very soon

    2. Big Spain: Gasol has been...not great to start the season. He looks slow out there, and we need him to find his legs because he will hurt the team if he keeps playing like he has through the first two games

    3. Board Men: The Celtics absolutely murdered the Raptors on the glass, and that (along with some bad turnovers) led to Boston attempting 30 more shots. You can't win like that, and the entire team needs to crash the defensive boards a lot better, because otherwise they're wasting their initial defence (which was good for the most part against the Celtics)





    Let's Go Raps!!!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

  • #2
    Never thought Nurse is a Thibodeau type
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

    Comment


    • #3
      Expecting a big turnaround tonight. Every player on the team knows what they did wrong against the Celtics. Rebounding needs to be better, take care of the ball, and stop dribbling into the middle of three defenders.

      Comment


      • #4
        If Nurse decides to play more guys tonight because of fatigue, they'll probably be itching at a chance to really prove themselves out there. Hopefully this means we see better production from them than we've seen in preseason/first 2 games. Except Davis
        OG is our king

        Comment


        • #5
          consmap wrote: View Post
          If Nurse decides to play more guys tonight because of fatigue, they'll probably be itching at a chance to really prove themselves out there. Hopefully this means we see better production from them than we've seen in preseason/first 2 games. Except Davis
          I really doubt it man. Stanley Johnson played and he showed no fire no intensity
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

          Comment


          • #6
            We 100% need to go deeper in the bench. Hope fully RHJ and McCaw is back as it seems Nick doesn't trust any of the other guys. If not gonna have to throw boucher and Thomas out there at least to just eat up a few minutes we can be killing kyle, serge and marc with so many minutes this early in the season
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

            Comment


            • #7
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

              Comment


              • #8
                Bulls are also on a back-to-back..played in Memphis last night.

                Comment


                • #9
                  If the Raps underestimate the Bulls even a tiny bit, they will lose.
                  What it do baybeeee!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The Great One wrote: View Post
                    If the Raps underestimate the Bulls even a tiny bit, they will lose.
                    Who you hoping for? You a bulls fan still?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

                      Who you hoping for? You a bulls fan still?
                      I'm a Raps fan and a Bulls fan. Win-win.
                      What it do baybeeee!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        MixxAOR wrote: View Post

                        I really doubt it man. Stanley Johnson played and he showed no fire no intensity
                        It’s pretty hard to do much in 5 minutes.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          consmap wrote: View Post
                          If Nurse decides to play more guys tonight because of fatigue, they'll probably be itching at a chance to really prove themselves out there. Hopefully this means we see better production from them than we've seen in preseason/first 2 games. Except Davis
                          No one has had a chance in the first two games. Giving a guy 5 minutes isn’t a chance. I’m giving the staff the benefit of the doubt but FVV is already hurt and Lowry is playing 40 minutes a night. Gasol looks exhausted. Something needs to give.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            MixxAOR wrote: View Post

                            I really doubt it man. Stanley Johnson played and he showed no fire no intensity
                            I think SJ is just really bad.

                            RHJ is supposed to be good to go, I’d hope he gets some significant burn in this one, and gets a chance to lock in enough back-up PF minutes that we can leave OG as a full time SF and move more of Norm’s minutes to SG, which in turn will help reduce the ridiculous minutes for the two starting guards.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Where were we league wide in rebounding last year with Kawhi.
                              Because I think we'll be below league and it will be a problem all year without him....most of our rebounds appear to be of the uncontested variety.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X