Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #3: Toronto Raptors 108 - Chicago Bulls 84

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nice to see Gasol turn things around a little. A block, 10 rebounds and a couple of assists, as well as hitting a 3 and no turnovers. I would hope that is closer to a floor from him as opposed to a ceiling. 20 minutes a game, with a few games off seems to be what he needs for the next little while.

    He set some good screens and made passes that turned into passes for assists.

    Keep it up big fella, and get rested up and refreshed after a crazy summer.

    Comment


    • I wouldn't expect consistency from Gasol through the regular season and I'm sure we will see a bunch of crappy performances like the one in Boston. But that's okay as long as he shows up in the playoffs and schools the opposing young bigs again. I'm still in awe of how he outplayed Vuc and Embiid in the playoffs and his team defence against the Bucks and Warriors. It's all practice until the playoffs for Gasol.

      Comment


      • LJ2 wrote: View Post
        I wouldn't expect consistency from Gasol through the regular season and I'm sure we will see a bunch of crappy performances like the one in Boston. But that's okay as long as he shows up in the playoffs and schools the opposing young bigs again. I'm still in awe of how he outplayed Vuc and Embiid in the playoffs and his team defence against the Bucks and Warriors. It's all practice until the playoffs for Gasol.
        Yeah, Gasol is pretty slow, so his entire defensive game is predicated on being in the right spot early. And he's awesome at that, when locked in. Hard to be locked in in October. Such is life.

        Still wish they'd smarten up with his offensive usage, abandon those paint and low post touches for him entirely, let him loose in the high post more often.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

        Comment


        • That was a fun game.. basically a block party from OG and Serge. Defense was good. Matt was really good. Stanley still sucks. Siakam was able to find a way to contribute even though he struggled with foul trouble early. Fred had a better game. Gasol's first best game IMO. Can't really complain much from a shellacking like that.

          The final 6 minutes though felt like I was watching a summer league game. Could play the Benny Hill theme song in the background and it would have fit perfectly.

          Comment


          • Stanley Johnson was a major bust with Detroit and so far is having another worse start (including his preseason stint).

            Raptors cannot allow Kyle to play heavy minutes, they have to find another relief PG behind Kyle and FVV. Yes they are grooming Terrence Davis but he is not there yet and IMO he is more of an off ball guard than a point.

            Since this team are in abundance of wings, Bobby Webster should probably find a way to trade one or two of (SJ/ McCaw or Miller). These guys should not be taking minute from the fast developing player in OG. This is the season that Anunoby should be getting high usage.

            Arcidiacono is a big guard, he is a decent third string PG to look at.

            P.S. Matt Thomas is our JJ Redick. He should be part of the extended rotation. The dude can play. Great find by Masai/ Bobby and co.
            You cannot cancel me out dumb dumb, I will always be in that little nugget of yours camping like a mosquito https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/c...ilies/wink.png

            When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers


            Comment


            • DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

              I will say it was screwy of the league to schedule their home openner on a b2b for both teams. That being said, not a fan of Chicago. After a couple games from them, dont get why they got a lot of hype. Their go-too duo of Markennan and Lavine are not very good. I like Carter and White, but they are a ways away. Everyone else is strictly meh.
              I like Markkanen. But he doesn’t have the right guys around him.

              Comment


              • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                Stanley Johnson was a major bust with Detroit and so far is having another worse start (including his preseason stint).

                Raptors cannot allow Kyle to play heavy minutes, they have to find another relief PG behind Kyle and FVV. Yes they are grooming Terrence Davis but he is not there yet and IMO he is more of an off ball guard than a point.

                Since this team are in abundance of wings, Bobby Webster should probably find a way to trade one or two of (SJ/ McCaw or Miller). These guys should not be taking minute from the fast developing player in OG. This is the season that Anunoby should be getting high usage.

                Arcidiacono is a big guard, he is a decent third string PG to look at.

                P.S. Matt Thomas is our JJ Redick. He should be part of the extended rotation. The dude can play. Great find by Masai/ Bobby and co.
                It would have been nice to bring back Nando de Colo.... he’s killing it in Euroleague.

                Comment


                • What is McCaw's role on the team? Does Nurse see him as a PG or wing depth? I have this strange feeling that he's our backup PG, and the only reason TD is getting any time right now is because he's hurt.

                  Comment


                  • Matt Thomas is not a bad defender. I mean, he's not great obviously, but looks like he's good enough to be a rotation player. With his shot, he could be our JJ Redick. Redick is not a good defender and also an undersized 2 but he can really shoot the ball just like MT.
                    Mamba Mentality

                    Comment


                    • slaw wrote: View Post

                      I like Markkanen. But he doesn’t have the right guys around him.
                      What am I missing? I want to like him, hes got some hype, just dont see it.

                      Comment


                      • DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

                        What am I missing? I want to like him, hes got some hype, just dont see it.
                        He’s increased his usage and maintained his efficiency. That’s a good sign. Not saying he’s a superstar but he can score, shoot and rebound. He’s their best player.

                        Comment


                        • Holy shit i love watching the warriors get fucking destroyed. The biggest loser of no KD and Klay is going to be steve kerr. He's going to get exposed for not actually having much coaching ability he has just been coat riding talent to titles. Something he's done all this career to amass 8 rings.
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                          Comment


                          • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            Holy shit i love watching the warriors get fucking destroyed. The biggest loser of no KD and Klay is going to be steve kerr. He's going to get exposed for not actually having much coaching ability he has just been coat riding talent to titles. Something he's done all this career to amass 8 rings.
                            Quotes from him show he knows its all over

                            Comment


                            • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                              Holy shit i love watching the warriors get fucking destroyed. The biggest loser of no KD and Klay is going to be steve kerr. He's going to get exposed for not actually having much coaching ability he has just been coat riding talent to titles. Something he's done all this career to amass 8 rings.
                              Watch them tank and get the #1 pick, just to piss everybody off. They're just a Steph Curry ankle roll away from that... which happens pretty much every season.

                              Comment


                              • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                                Quotes from him show he knows its all over
                                He's getting ahead of it, trying to get people used to it. It's kind of cowardly, the amount of "oh it was a good run" quotes he's had recently. Bro, it's October. Your quotes should be more like "we're not ready to roll over yet, we got some good guys in here"...nope, he's trying to do the expected fall from grace to save face.
                                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X