Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 25 All Time Raptor Players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Top 25 All Time Raptor Players

    https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...atest-players/

    In honour of the Toronto Raptors celebrating their 25th anniversary, SportsNet did a column on the top 25 Raptors of all time.
    Lots of room for varied opinions (Danny Green that low?). It merges individual play as a member of the Raptors and impact on the franchise overall.

    In my opinion, they got the top 5 right, which I didn't expect.

  • #2
    Junkyard dog is too low i get marc helped win us a championship but he was like the 6th most important piece and has played like 35 games as a raptor. JYD holds a much bigger place in my heart
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

    Comment


    • #3
      bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
      Junkyard dog is too low i get marc helped win us a championship but he was like the 6th most important piece and has played like 35 games as a raptor. JYD holds a much bigger place in my heart
      You and I have a way different view of gasols importance. I have him as the 3rd most important raptor last spring, after Kawhi and kyle. I dont think we get thru either philly or Milwaukee without him
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • #4
        KeonClark wrote: View Post

        You and I have a way different view of gasols importance. I have him as the 3rd most important raptor last spring, after Kawhi and kyle. I dont think we get thru either philly or Milwaukee without him
        We dont win Game 7 philly without Serge (who was also huge in the finals). We don't beat Bucks or GSW without Freds shooting and pascal drawing more attention opened things up for FVV and kyle. But im more commenting on JYD being way too low.
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

        Comment


        • #5
          JYD>amir too.
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

          Comment


          • #6
            Gasol, Ibaka and Green should be a LOT higher than 21, 17 and 20. All three were a huge part of the championship team. McGrady #11? lol. He should be in the 20's. Where's Bargnani and Ross? Bargnani should be in the 20's. Ross had a better Raptor career than most players on this list.

            Kawhi should be #1.
            What it do baybeeee!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Good list
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

              Comment


              • #8
                MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Good list
                It is, isn't it. You can quibble with some of the placements but it's hard to argue too much. My only issue is with McGrady being at #11. I know he went on to have a terrific career but his time in Toronto wasn't that memorable. Honestly, I'm not sure he should even be on this list.

                I hate to say it but no Bargnani on the list does seem wrong. I think I'd probably have him on there somewhere..... maybe instead of TJ Ford.

                EDIT: Oh, I missed Oakley at #15. The most overrated Raptor of all time.
                Last edited by slaw; Mon Oct 28th, 2019, 05:46 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  List is pretty good. I would have found a way to add Bargnani and Marshall. Don't think I would have included Rose or Lou. Lou won 6MOY but again only one season and we got swept by the Wizards that year. Danny and Marc are different since we won a chip with them. So they have to be in here.

                  Bargnani had his moments as a Raptor even though we sucked and he was a big part of that. But he helped us score buckets when that was really our only calling card.

                  Here is my ranking:

                  25. Marshall
                  24. Oakley
                  23. Parker
                  22. TJ Ford
                  21. Marc
                  20. Danny
                  19. Bargnani
                  18. TMac
                  17. Christie
                  16. JYD
                  15. Serge
                  14. Boogie
                  13. FVV
                  12. Amir
                  11. A. Davis
                  10. MoPete
                  9. Jose
                  8. JV
                  7. Pascal
                  6. Damon
                  5. Bosh
                  4. DeMar
                  3. Vince
                  2. Kawhi
                  1. Kyle

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    Good list
                    That's not the right attitude.

                    Every list, everyone has to comment "horrible list! Why isn't x higher up, and why is y on the list at all??!!"

                    OK, now I'll go

                    Horrible list! Why isn't Ibaka higher up, and why is Lou Will on the list at all??!!
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My criteria? WINNING.

                      1. Kawhi
                      2. Lowry
                      3. Vince
                      4. DeRozan
                      5. Bosh
                      6. Damon
                      7. Siakam
                      8. JV
                      9. Davis
                      10. VanVleet
                      11. Ibaka
                      12. Gasol
                      13. Green
                      14. Calderon
                      15. Alvin
                      16. Peterson
                      17. Christie
                      18. Amir
                      19. McGrady
                      20. Bargnani
                      21. Ross
                      22. Parker
                      23. Oakley
                      24. JYD
                      25. Powell

                      Powell 100% deserves to be on this list. He's been a big part of the Raptors playoff teams the past few years and was a huge part of the Raptors championship team last year.
                      What it do baybeeee!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I def like the top 5. Could argue DeMar over Kawhi due to length of service, but hard to argue with results.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Kind of weird to see Lou Will in there, as it didn't seem like he was around for all that long. Would have thought Camby, Curry or Marshall would have made it somewhere in the latter portion of the list, but the top of the list is pretty accurate.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If the criteria is WINNING, Vince should be well down the list ie
                            1/ Lowry
                            2/ Kawhi
                            3/ Siakam
                            4/ Gasol
                            5 FVV
                            6/ Ibaka
                            7/ Green
                            8/ DeRozan
                            9/ JV
                            10/ Bosh
                            11/ The Quitter


                            The Great One wrote: View Post
                            My criteria? WINNING.

                            1. Kawhi
                            2. Lowry
                            3. Vince
                            4. DeRozan
                            5. Bosh
                            6. Damon
                            7. Siakam
                            8. JV
                            9. Davis
                            10. VanVleet
                            11. Ibaka
                            12. Gasol
                            13. Green
                            14. Calderon
                            15. Alvin
                            16. Peterson
                            17. Christie
                            18. Amir
                            19. McGrady
                            20. Bargnani
                            21. Ross
                            22. Parker
                            23. Oakley
                            24. JYD
                            25. Powell

                            Powell 100% deserves to be on this list. He's been a big part of the Raptors playoff teams the past few years and was a huge part of the Raptors championship team last year.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              If the criteria is WINNING, Vince should be well down the list ie
                              1/ Lowry
                              2/ Kawhi
                              3/ Siakam
                              4/ Gasol
                              5 FVV
                              6/ Ibaka
                              7/ Green
                              8/ DeRozan
                              9/ JV
                              10/ Bosh
                              11/ The Quitter



                              Vince really broke your heart eh?
                              What it do baybeeee!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X