No announcement yet.

LeBron to the Toronto Raptors???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lebron is coming to Toronto, and Donald Trump is going to be the next US president. Chicago Cubs are going to win the World Series while we're at it.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      Lebron is coming to Toronto, and Donald Trump is going to be the next US president. Chicago Cubs are going to win the World Series while we're at it.
      why do you gotta be such a dick about it, just let the discussion continue without running in and throwing your sarcasm into it, just say you don't think it'll happen man
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
        why do you gotta be such a dick about it, just let the discussion continue without running in and throwing your sarcasm into it, just say you don't think it'll happen man
        But but... the Cubs ARE going to win the world series...
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Lebron knows that the only way to win a championship is to join a team with a strong complimentary players and a deep bench. Toronto is that team YO.

Lowry
          Derozan
          Lebron
          Amir
          Val

With Ross, Patterson, and Vasquez off the bench. 5-peat Dynasty, here we come!
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
            Umm what... yes there is.

Impossible means it has a 0% chance of happening. If something has like a 0.0001% chance of happening then yes it is close to or borderline impossible. Not sure what your point is here.
            It's an issue of semantics.

"Impossible" means zero chance. There is no spectrum of impossibility (just like there is no spectrum of being pregnant). It's either impossible or not (just like you're either pregnant or you're not).

Since 0.0001% is greater than zero, so it's considered "possible".

Disclaimer: None of this comment speaks to my opinion on LeBron's likelihood of signing in Toronto

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
              Lebron knows that the only way to win a championship is to join a team with a strong complimentary players and a deep bench. Toronto is that team YO.

Lowry
              Derozan
              Lebron
              Amir
              Val

With Ross, Patterson, and Vasquez off the bench. 5-peat Dynasty, here we come!
              Plus rookies (hopefully Ennis + Inglis)
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                It's an issue of semantics.

"Impossible" means zero chance. There is no spectrum of impossibility (just like there is no spectrum of being pregnant). It's either impossible or not (just like you're either pregnant or you're not).

Since 0.0001% is greater than zero, so it's considered "possible".

Disclaimer: None of this comment speaks to my opinion on LeBron's likelihood of signing in Toronto
                "Borderline impossible" just means: almost but not quite impossible

So I don't really see what the damn issue is with what I said. Sure it's possible that LeBron could come here, but the chance is so low that it borders on impossibility. Not sure how this is difficult to understand.

Since you and TheGloveinRapsUniform are having trouble. I'll spell it out for you with a comparison.

When people refer to a player as a "borderline all-star" they are saying that player is not quite an all-star, but very close to being one. Same basic concept as here.

Comment

If lebron doesn't come how about luol deng? He and Masai r pretty tight they're attending a Nelson Mandela ceremony thing together with Lowry and jermain defoe

Comment

TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
                    If lebron doesn't come how about luol deng? He and Masai r pretty tight they're attending a Nelson Mandela ceremony thing together with Lowry and jermain defoe
                    Isn't he old?
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

a good option that we are most likely not going to afford if Lowry resigns.

If Lebron were to sign for toronto as a Free agent, we wouldn't have the cap space to work with it unless:
                      1. Toronto let Lowry, Vasquez AND Patterson WALK
                      2. We keep Lowry, look to move Landry Field's contract (probably have to package him with Terrence Ross) and hopefully we can throw in Hayes as well.
                      3. Raptors will probably let Amir go as well with his 7m Team option.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                        Isn't he old?
                        Born on April 16th, 1985. So, he'll be 29 when the next season starts.

Drafted in the 2004 Draft when he was 19. Wouldn't say he's "Old", but he's not "Young" either.

Actually younger than I thought he was.

Problem with Deng is, we don't have any money in any way, shape, or form to sign him. He's a UFA I believe, and we just don't have the cap-space. And, I believe he's looking for too much money.

I would really like him though. Played a little under his career averages this season, but going to CLE might do that to you.

He averages: 16/6/2.5 on 46/33/77. Not too bad. Has good length, good defender, plays well in a system as we've seen in CHI.

He could definitely be the "Glue" guy that we hoped Landry would be, and a lot more, haha.

Comment

With word about a Thorton-Jack, Brooklyn-Cleveland trade I couldn't help but think about implications for LeBron.

Sam Amico at FoxSport is making comments in jest about Melo and LeBron teaming up in Cleveland. Normally I would laugh but he made those type of comments last year about the Cavs taking Bennett number 1 when everyone had him going around 6-9. I think he might be on to something this time too.

I don't think LeBron can go anywhere else other than Cleveland. If he bails on Miami now to go to any other team, besides Cleveland, then he will be a laughingstock in history.... albeit an insanely rich and talented one.

Melo and LBJ apparently want to play together. Where else can this happen and the team still have a core and assets to work with? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Cleveland.

I've been toying with this idea for days but the stumbling block was always Jack's contract. Who'd want that? Apparently Brooklyn. Thornton at $8M for one year will be an easy dump.

The magic number is $44M. Cleveland has to have $44M in cap space to sign both outright at MAX deals without relying on a sign and trade. At a cap of $63M that means they can have $19M in salary:

Felix $816k
                          Delladova $816k
                          Kyrie $7M
                          #1 $5.3M
                          $13.9M

11 cap holds of about $510k = $5.6M

Now they just need to clear Bennett, Thompson, Waiters, *Thornton*, Varejao, Zeller, and Karasev for non-guaranteeds and future picks.

Edit: or they could sign and trade Melo with NY. If Melo wants to go, no one can return the assets cleveland can.
                          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sat Jun 21, 2014, 07:39 PM.

Comment

There is ZERO % Chance that Lebron would come to Toronto

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                              There is ZERO % Chance that Lebron would come to Toronto
                              Yes there is! ... . . ...
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                I don't think LeBron can go anywhere else other than Cleveland. If he bails on Miami now to go to any other team, besides Cleveland, then he will be a laughingstock in history.... albeit an insanely rich and talented one.
                                I agree with this, I don't think a player of his caliber can just keep jumping from city to city and maintain any true legacy (unless it's done at the very end of his career). But I also think he wouldn't go back to Cleveland as long as Dan Gilbert is there. For me I just can't see LBJ leaving Miami.

Comment

Working...
                                X