No announcement yet.

LeBron to the Toronto Raptors???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shit, I wouldn't mind if LeBron came to Toronto.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      How so?

LeBron walks for free

or

LeBron nets them at least an all-star

How does that make them morons??
      Yea but they have to take back Hayes. I heard the clips are offering them griffen/jordan. I would rather take that than take on chuck Hayes contract

EDIT: hold up, why can't we just sign him upright if he wants to come here anyways.
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
        Yea but they have to take back Hayes. I heard the clips are offering them griffen/jordan. I would rather take that than take on chuck Hayes contract

EDIT: hold up, why can't we just sign him upright if he wants to come here anyways.
        Because we can't afford it. We would need to cut salary to sign him, and Miami isn't going to take just high salary fodder for the pleasure of giving us LeBron so DD would have to be included.

Or Ross, though I think Ross is a better pairing for LBJ than DD would be, both for stretching the floor and defensive purposes.

Comment

• Unlikely Lebron comes here. Let's see the deciding factors for Lebron.

A) He wants to add championships.
          B) Based on history and his more recent comments, he's not against the "big 3" model with younger complementary pieces.
          C) His brand is important to him.
          D) He has dictated who he plays with before.
          E) His legacy as the GOAT is just as important to him as championship rings.

- The Raptors aren't particularily close with the championship chase. We don't have a coach with a long winning pedigree or the talent on the roster yet. Our cap situation isn't bad, but not ideal to sign Lebron and add pieces we need to win.

- We have good young pieces to complement a championship team, and we only have a minor ball-movement model to follow, as our offensive system only showed unselfishness during the regular season, but not the playoffs. We also don't have anything close to a "big 3" model, nor are our leading players friends with Lebron.

- This season has shown that even with a winning season, the lack of clear-cut media darling superstars means the NBA won't provide the kind of press that Lebron would need to keep building his brand. The only plus here is that nearly all NBA fans in the North would jump on his bandwagon and support him, unlike last time when half of American NBA fans villified him.

- Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, and a couple others have no chance of playing for the Raptors to convince Lebron. For him to play in T.O. he has to be CONVINCED, and not just PERSUADED.

- To be in the conversation of the GOAT, lots of factors are included such as accolades, leadership, and so on. I'm torn on this one. I can't say whether or not playing for the Raptors would directly influence his desire to be the GOAT.

All in all, in my opinion, it looks very unlikely, but fun to hypothesize regardless.

I still say that with the media circus that will follow Lebron, Melo and a couple others, we should target the guys that are the back-up plan to getting Lebron. For us to attract FA, sincerity goes a long way. Potentially useful pieces like Lowry, Deng, or even Gasol might be inclined to sign if we show they are our top options on the market and not a plan B or plan C after Lebron.

C'mon MU; the entire NBA world has their focus on the elephants in the room......see what you can snatch up without anyone noticing.

Comment

• I hope Masai at least makes him an offer lol it's definitely worth the try
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• How on Earth does this thread have 6 pages?

Masai will call up Lebron's agent and he'll say Lebron's not interested in playing for the Raptors. The end.

Comment

• We'd win a championship with LeBron on this roster .. just saying

Lowry . Ennis
                Derozan . Vasquez
                James . Ross
                Amir . Patt
                JV . Hayes/Patt or draft pick

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• This suggestion of an S&T to get Lebron over...James is an UFA...the S&T only happens if Lebron agrees to it. Is TO really his only option???

Comment

• Our big 3 would be Lowry, Demar, and James not too bad.

Comment

• TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
                      Our big 3 would be Lowry, Demar, and James not too bad.
                      Exactly. Lowry and DeRozan aren't really championship 1 and 2 options, but as 2 and 3 options behind the best player in the world? This team becomes really close to a championship. Plus, Valanciunas and Amir are much better 4th and 5th best players in a starting lineup than anything LeBron had in Miami.

That said, I don't see any reason LeBron would pick Toronto over Chicago. I think Toronto's probably a top 10 destination taking into account roster talent and potential available cap space, but top 10 is not quite going to get it done.
                      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• @WolstatSun: Tim Leiweke on LeBron James pursuit by Raptors: "We already got one fine this year. Can't talk about it."

@WolstatSun: Me: "But Maverick Carter is a friend of yours... " Leiweke (smiling), "yes."

@WolstatSun: Raptors have no shot at LeBron, of course, but no question Leiweke will make a pitch. It is what he does.

Or those wondering, Maverick Carter is a childhood friend of LeBron's and his agent.

I love all of Leiweke's connections and how he dreams big!
                        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• what fine did they get?
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                            @WolstatSun: Tim Leiweke on LeBron James pursuit by Raptors: "We already got one fine this year. Can't talk about it."

@WolstatSun: Me: "But Maverick Carter is a friend of yours... " Leiweke (smiling), "yes."

@WolstatSun: Raptors have no shot at LeBron, of course, but no question Leiweke will make a pitch. It is what he does.

Or those wondering, Maverick Carter is a childhood friend of LeBron's and his agent.

I love all of Leiweke's connections and how he dreams big!
                            Carter is his friend and considered a big part of his entourage.

But his agent is Rich Paul.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              what fine did they get?
                              **** Brooklyn.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                **** Brooklyn.
                                Ahhh, thought he meant a tampering one
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment