Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka
    replied
    You have to think that Lebron would, at the very least, listen to what Lieweke/Ujiri have to say for no other reason than professional courtesy. And from there, anything is possible.

Note: "possible" does not equal "likely"

Leave a comment:

• magoon
    replied
    SI put up a "how your team will try to get LeBron - and why they'll fail" article last night.

http://nba.si.com/nba/2014/06/25/leb...lippers-lakers

Toronto:

The pitch:The fine print:
    So basically their reason for it not happening boils down to "well, it's Toronto..." which is what you have to expect from American writers. Their top five (and their cons for each):

1. San Antonio (nearly impossible to make work financially unless LeBron signs for the MLE)
    2. Miami (competitiveness entirely reliant on D-Wade taking a massive pay cut, which appears unlikely)
    3. Golden State (very hard to make the money work and Bogut's health problematic for their defense)
    4. LA Clippers (the uncertainty of the Donald Sterling situation is... a problem, to say the least)
    5. OKC (questions about LeBron being able to mesh with Durant and Westbrook)

So that's at least three teams where the money just doesn't work being ranked higher than T-dot.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Fuck brooklyn yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    **** Brooklyn.
    FUCK Brooklyn!

You can't get fined on the RR forums, let the F Bombs fly!

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    For those who disputed weather Bosh really took a pay cut to go the Heat you might think different now .. Heat would like Bosh
    to opt out and so too pay him less but if he were a Raptor he would be collecting 40 million for the next two years ..

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    **** Brooklyn.
    Ahhh, thought he meant a tampering one

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    what fine did they get?
    **** Brooklyn.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Shantz wrote: View Post
    @WolstatSun: Tim Leiweke on LeBron James pursuit by Raptors: "We already got one fine this year. Can't talk about it."

@WolstatSun: Me: "But Maverick Carter is a friend of yours... " Leiweke (smiling), "yes."

@WolstatSun: Raptors have no shot at LeBron, of course, but no question Leiweke will make a pitch. It is what he does.

Or those wondering, Maverick Carter is a childhood friend of LeBron's and his agent.

I love all of Leiweke's connections and how he dreams big!
    Carter is his friend and considered a big part of his entourage.

But his agent is Rich Paul.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    what fine did they get?

Leave a comment:

• Shantz
    replied
    @WolstatSun: Tim Leiweke on LeBron James pursuit by Raptors: "We already got one fine this year. Can't talk about it."

@WolstatSun: Me: "But Maverick Carter is a friend of yours... " Leiweke (smiling), "yes."

@WolstatSun: Raptors have no shot at LeBron, of course, but no question Leiweke will make a pitch. It is what he does.

Or those wondering, Maverick Carter is a childhood friend of LeBron's and his agent.

I love all of Leiweke's connections and how he dreams big!

Leave a comment:

• Other Scott
    replied
    TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
    Our big 3 would be Lowry, Demar, and James not too bad.
    Exactly. Lowry and DeRozan aren't really championship 1 and 2 options, but as 2 and 3 options behind the best player in the world? This team becomes really close to a championship. Plus, Valanciunas and Amir are much better 4th and 5th best players in a starting lineup than anything LeBron had in Miami.

That said, I don't see any reason LeBron would pick Toronto over Chicago. I think Toronto's probably a top 10 destination taking into account roster talent and potential available cap space, but top 10 is not quite going to get it done.

Leave a comment:

• TrossTheBOSS
    replied
    Our big 3 would be Lowry, Demar, and James not too bad.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    This suggestion of an S&T to get Lebron over...James is an UFA...the S&T only happens if Lebron agrees to it. Is TO really his only option???

Leave a comment:

• JordanMariam14
    replied
    We'd win a championship with LeBron on this roster .. just saying

Lowry . Ennis
    Derozan . Vasquez
    James . Ross
    Amir . Patt
    JV . Hayes/Patt or draft pick

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsnz
    replied
    How on Earth does this thread have 6 pages?

Masai will call up Lebron's agent and he'll say Lebron's not interested in playing for the Raptors. The end.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X