• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Alex McKechnie

Thought he deserved his own thread.

Kawhi coming back in FA confirmed

Comment

Give him a lifetime contract. One of the foundational pieces for our success. One of the few positive things Colangelo managed to leave behind.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        Give him a lifetime contract. One of the foundational pieces for our success. One of the few positive things Colangelo managed to leave behind.
        At 67, it's possible they already did ... Haha

And wasn't it TL that brought in Alex? That whole era is a bit of a blur really though, so I could be wrong ... Lol

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

At 67, it's possible they already did ... Haha

And wasn't it TL that brought in Alex? That whole era is a bit of a blur really though, so I could be wrong ... Lol
          McKechnie got hired by the Raps during the 2011 lockout when the Lakers cheaped out on paying their support staff while games weren't being played. Leiweke was hired in 2013.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Much deserved.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

He also has 6 rings. One more and he ties Robert Horry.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                Thought he deserved his own thread.

I thought he was already the head guy for the players health and performance. Was this just a way to give him more money to stay?

Comment

McKechnie is the one that invented the term "Load Management" right? Now everyone is using it, NFL, NHL even in baseball lol.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

If he is a big deal to the team, how come he was not introduce at the ring ceremony? hopefully he got a ring too!

Comment

Spark wrote: View Post
                      If he is a big deal to the team, how come he was not introduce at the ring ceremony? hopefully he got a ring too!
                      He was introduced. And he got a big cheer from the fans and I think he was surprised by that... in a good way.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

He was introduced. And he got a big cheer from the fans and I think he was surprised by that... in a good way.
                        I remember watching it live and didn't see him being introduce. Not even in the youtube videos. Unless only the people attending the game saw it before it went on live tv. Any links available?

Comment

Spark wrote: View Post

I remember watching it live and couldn't see him being introduce. Not even in the youtube videos. Unless only the people attending the game saw it before it went on live tv.
                          He got his ring along with the rest of the training staff - I watched it on a stream, so maybe that was before they went live-to-air.

During ring presentations for the Raptors’ staff, fans cheered loudly for Alex McKechnie. Toronto’s Director of Sport Science was credited with creating the load management schedule that helped keep Leonard healthy during his lone season north of the border.
                          https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...dbb_story.html

Comment

It was definitely on air that he got his ring and there was definitely a huge cheer. You musta just missed it Spark

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                              It was definitely on air that he got his ring and there was definitely a huge cheer. You musta just missed it Spark
                              Yeah, I watched on the broadcast as well and definitely saw him get his ring (and applause).
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X