Game #6: Toronto Raptors 105 - Milwaukee Bucks 115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    So far As EXPECTED, this season Raptors will beat lesser talented teams and will struggle beating the big boys.

Of the 2 losses, Kyle magnificently played his best basketball and Raps still loses.

Understandably, better teams will shut down Pascal.

The loss of FVV and OG from the bench is significant. Unless Raps acquire another big gun, in a seven game series, they dont stand a chance vs. any of the Eastern Conference Finals contenders.

Masai has a big decision to make before the deadline because 2021 is still too far off and anything can happen.

In my opinion if he is serious to get Giannis, his goal from here on out is to prevent the Bucks in going to the finals allowing Giannis to rethink his future (as the player already indicated in public that he re-signs with the Bucks contingent to their success of getting the trophy)

Otherwise, we have to accept reality that Raptors are once again the playoff fodder and not a true contender. We will however win regular season games that is for sure.
    Ok, if Giannis is Plan A, what is Plan B? I can't see Kawhi or LeBron signing here. Paul George?

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post

Ok, if Giannis is Plan A, what is Plan B? I can't see Kawhi or LeBron signing here. Paul George?
      Just aim at International stars, they are plan B.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        We need a Sixth man type guy. Instant offense off the bench. Unfortunately, I don't think anybody is available.
        That's Serge. He's averaging 13.8ppg off the bench. That's the 3rd highest "points per minute played", behind only Lowry and Siakam.

There's also the possibility of Thomas. In the very small sample we have he's got a eFG% of 91.7%. You take 3 minutes away from McCaw and give it to him we're getting more buckets.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Just aim at International stars, they are plan B.
          Joel Embiid? Ben Simmons? Nikola Jokic?

Comment

Joel Embiid? Ben Simmons? Nikola Jokic?
            Looks like you're not following many teams in NBA

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Looks like you're not following many teams in NBA
              Who are the top 3 Intl stars in the NBA after Giannis?

Comment

We need a Sixth man type guy. Instant offense off the bench. Unfortunately, I don't think anybody is available.
                Those guys are always available, but they usually don’t play any defense. We had Lou Will, but Casey put the entire blame on him for changing the culture of the team and then ran him out of town. I think Nurse is trying prioritize defense first type guys, since that’s what got us the chip. I mean you can have a JR Smith or Michael Beasley anytime you want. You can get a guy like Derrick Rose for $7M and people are trying so hard to justify paying FVV north of $20M a year. Even a guy like IT can be that microwave scorer and he’s only making about $2M with the Wiz. These type of guys are always around. And hey...,, there’s always Melo.

Comment

Doncic, Embiid & Jokic.

Comment

Jamal Crawford is looking for a gig. He dropped 50 the last game of the season last year.
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

A very good list, few superstars, some Allstars and many nice core pieces.

https://www.ranker.com/list/best-cur...ers/ranker-nba

Comment

• I agree with what has been said bout pascal playing D against the opposing number 1 option. Part of that big run was due to pascal taking those 2 early fouls, we then lost our only guy we can just give the ball too and say "go get us a bucket". We have OG would has a better build for guarding these wings/PF and he can expened his energy on Defensive as he only has to shoot 3s and cut on O. I get nick saying Pascal is young and he should be able to play both side of the ball but you can't have your number 1 option going balls to the wall on D and risking getting into foul trouble. It make more sense to utilize OG great D on these bigger bodys and let pascal take a quicker guard, he thrive using his length and speed to guard those faster players.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                          I agree with what has been said bout pascal playing D against the opposing number 1 option. Part of that big run was due to pascal taking those 2 early fouls, we then lost our only guy we can just give the ball too and say "go get us a bucket". We have OG would has a better build for guarding these wings/PF and he can expened his energy on Defensive as he only has to shoot 3s and cut on O. I get nick saying Pascal is young and he should be able to play both side of the ball but you can't have your number 1 option going balls to the wall on D and risking getting into foul trouble. It make more sense to utilize OG great D on these bigger bodys and let pascal take a quicker guard, he thrive using his length and speed to guard those faster players.
                          Totally agree. Pascal is a great defender but he thrives most on quicker guards he can step back on and use his length and quickness. He's also a pretty good positional guy and team-defense guy. He's not necessarily the lockdown guy who can shut down the other team's best big wing (Lebron, Kawhi, Giannis, etc.)> That's OG all the way. We're lucky we've got a guy in OG who you can just put on those guys and know you're doing the best you can. Let Pascal be the offensive focal point.

Comment

• Another dude who is probably going to be available is JJ reddick. Theres going to be lots of interest in him from contenders but where the pelicans are they would probably prefer young guys or pick in return. I think the only shot we would have at snagging him is if norm can start playing like he did in pre season and look like a talents semi-young guy again that would be intriguing to a rebuilding team like the pelicans.

Comment

• Too many days off already
                              Can we get the next game thread up?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                                Too many days off already
                                Can we get the next game thread up?
                                we believe in you G_Deane
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...