Game #7: Toronto Raptors 124 - Sacramento Kings 120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

The turnover battle was break even, it was the offensive rebounding, and more potently, the lack of Toronto's own offensive rebounding (2 offensive boards all game) that turned the possession count (+13 for the Kings).
    Right, but it would be preferable to be winning the turnover battle, especially since it seems the rebounding is going to be a more complicated issue. The turnovers is something that should be capable of being more readily fixed.

Comment

• OG is looking really great. He's tightening up his drives and using his strength to get to the rim and finish under control. I'm honestly shocked he's gotten this much better at driving/finishing over the last month. Obviously his defence and three-point shooting are top tier and also integral to our success. Hopefully, he can keep it up.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post

I honestly kind of enjoy it. It's not near as bad as those years after drafting Hoffa, hoping Joey Graham is going to be something, or Loren Woods as our starting centre. At least we have a good core and young guys. Could be a hell of lot worse as a Raptors fan.
        Amen to that brother.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yes and no. We got deprived of the chance to enjoy the feeling of being defending champs with a legitimate chance to repeat, like most champions get. Just looking around the NBA this year and at our own team improvement, if Kawhi & Danny came back we'd be a lock for a finals repeat and probably favorites to win it all again this year. Maybe even a 2-3 year dynasty run. It's kind of sad, but we did our deal with the devil. Maybe that's the feeling around here.... sobering up.
          You know, with Pascals growth and improvement, with this new and shinier version of OG we are seeing, with Kyle slipping back into KLOE mode and a revitalized Ibaka, the drop off from losing Kawhi and Danny isn't that great. If the Raptors continue to get the Gasol we saw last night and Steady Freddy, I am starting to not be overly concerned with Philly and Milwaukee. I am raising my ceiling for the Raptors from 3rd and second-round exit to ECF. If they can get one good pick up off the waiver wire (or if they can get 4 games out of 5 of "Good Norm" by the end of the season) they have a punchers chance of making it to the dance again.

Comment

• No expectations for this year. Just gotta hope for improvement from Siakam and OG. Kyle is not going to continue this production. Saw this too many times. After this West Trip we'll be exposed and I hope Masai doesn't try to improve this roster but be a seller.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• A win is a win, and in this league you take them anyway you can. The game was close because of SAC's offensive rebounding creating extra possessions and their great 3 pt shooting. The fact we were able to grab only 2 offensive rebounds says something about the emphasis Nurse places on this stat. Lowry's 6 turnovers (some weird ones) didn't help. Like what I'm seeing from OG so far this year. He is motivated given his contract status. Same with Ibaka. Norm will soon see his minutes dropping and he may find himself in the DNP category if he continues with his indifferent play. Looking forward to the upcoming road trip where we should see increased use of the off season signings (RH-J and SJ) along with Davis, Thomas and Boucher. Might even see Miller. Thomas sure has a smooth stroke. I can see this guy getting more minutes as Nurse gains trust.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Not just here. RealGM post game threads are like 10 pages. Part of it is that the Raps are kinda boring cause they are so good. Blah, blah, blah, 14 straight field goals. Yada, yada, yada, 5-2, budding superstar, another breakout performer in OG, Lowry playing like he’s 28. Ibaka looking like he’s not a shade over 43. Undrafted rookie playing early season minutes. Whatever.
                After i made that post, I googled "are message boards dying" and a plethora of results confirmed that to be somewhat true, their popularity has definitely dwindled.

the new generation uses fb, ig, Twitter, and reddit. Most of us are from the old guard, the internet glory days. You look at the join dates and most of us are 5 years or more, and very few new cats.

I bet if you took the average age of reddit raptors it's like 19 and average age here is now over 30. I can confirm too: I posted a meme about kevin Durant and his injury at both places. Everybody here found it funny. Everybody over there was outraged and offended. It was an interesting case study.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

After i made that post, I googled "are message boards dying" and a plethora of results confirmed that to be somewhat true, their popularity has definitely dwindled.

the new generation uses fb, ig, Twitter, and reddit. Most of us are from the old guard, the internet glory days. You look at the join dates and most of us are 5 years or more, and very few new cats.

I bet if you took the average age of reddit raptors it's like 19 and average age here is now over 30. I can confirm too: I posted a meme about kevin Durant and his injury at both places. Everybody here found it funny. Everybody over there was outraged and offended. It was an interesting case study.
                  And the conclusions from the case study are that: (a) you really aren't that funny, Keon & (b) RR posters are just being polite.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

And the conclusions from the case study are that: (a) you really aren't that funny, Keon & (b) RR posters are just being polite.

Except you

Comment

Except you

Oh, THAT's what you appreciate about him? Right.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• One thing about offensive boards to keep in mind as well as that the more buckets you make (i.e. the fewer missed shots), the fewer total offensive boards will be available. Theoretically, if I team made 100% of shots they'd be grabbing zero offensive boards, but still win the game by a mile.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                          One thing about offensive boards to keep in mind as well as that the more buckets you make (i.e. the fewer missed shots), the fewer total offensive boards will be available. Theoretically, if I team made 100% of shots they'd be grabbing zero offensive boards, but still win the game by a mile.
                          This is why we have stats like OREB%, where against the Kings the advantage was 30% to 13% for SAC.

But in the context of counting available possessions, raw offensive rebounds really is the critical number, with the underlying point being that if you are getting killed in possession count, you really have to overperform on each possession - which is exactly what your 100% FG% scenario represents.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

we should never have left alt.sports.basketball.nba.tor-raptors

Comment

• I have never used facebook which made me really old a couple of years ago and really young now since no one young uses it any more

I do feel like I gained several quality years to my life for having never used it.......

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                                I have never used facebook which made me really old a couple of years ago and really young now since no one young uses it any more

I do feel like I gained several quality years to my life for having never used it.......
                                Facebooks coolness is dead. Grandma is online.

Last edited by KeonClark; Fri Nov 8, 2019, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X