Game #7: Toronto Raptors 124 - Sacramento Kings 120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post
    Man, the mood is gloomy in here... and we're winning. We're not going to be blowing out teams, except for bottom feeders and poorly coached teams. This is who we are now. Get used to it.
    We are spoiled.

Comment

6 pages of comments on a winning game??? Where have all the bandwagon fans gone? What happened to 15 page/20 page threads? Slow days in RRepublic.

Comment

Nurse needs to keep that shit in the house. wtf now
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
          6 pages of comments on a winning game??? Where have all the bandwagon fans gone? What happened to 15 page/20 page threads? Slow days in RRepublic.
          Yeah the board is like less than half what it once was. Started dying out last year and the forum change definitely a big contributor.

in some ways i kinda like it. You kinda get to know people, and a lot of the better posters are still here. But man, you could come with a thousand mile list of all the names that dont post anymore
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yeah the board is like less than half what it once was. Started dying out last year and the forum change definitely a big contributor.

in some ways i kinda like it. You kinda get to know people, and a lot of the better posters are still here. But man, you could come with a thousand mile list of all the names that dont post anymore
            We falling into the same trap we worried the team would. Championship hangover then again maybe those guys are just managing there loads for playoffs.
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

I liked the game. They led almost wire to wire, despite Sac shooting almost 50% from 3 (which means the interior defence was decent). Had some good production and defence from the bench (Serge & Thomas), OG shot really well and brought his usual outstanding defence, the whole starting lineup scored in the double digits, and despite no 3's , Siakam still finished with 23/13/5 with good non-fouling D. There's some stuff to cleanup of course, like the turnovers of some of the late game execution, but they still got a W against a an athletic and fast young team that was shooting lights out.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Or did Masai kill it? Half the forum (or more) was always armchair GM - blow it up, tank, don't tank, trade players A B and C, trade DeMar, fire Casey, etc etc. Now it's just sit back and "Masai's got this."

Basically Masai snapped his fingers, half the forum contributors disappeared, and we're in the endgame now.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Take that W and run outta town. Road trip is gonna be hell....

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                    Yeah I used to post specifically on game threads years ago. This place has been a ghost town lately though. Guess I can post a little more I'm usually scrolling through the forum anyway.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

We are spoiled.
                      I honestly kind of enjoy it. It's not near as bad as those years after drafting Hoffa, hoping Joey Graham is going to be something, or Loren Woods as our starting centre. At least we have a good core and young guys. Could be a hell of lot worse as a Raptors fan.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Not just here. RealGM post game threads are like 10 pages. Part of it is that the Raps are kinda boring cause they are so good. Blah, blah, blah, 14 straight field goals. Yada, yada, yada, 5-2, budding superstar, another breakout performer in OG, Lowry playing like he’s 28. Ibaka looking like he’s not a shade over 43. Undrafted rookie playing early season minutes. Whatever.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Or did Masai kill it? Half the forum (or more) was always armchair GM - blow it up, tank, don't tank, trade players A B and C, trade DeMar, fire Casey, etc etc. Now it's just sit back and "Masai's got this."

Basically Masai snapped his fingers, half the forum contributors disappeared, and we're in the endgame now.
                          When you put a lot of effort into making a good game thread and it gets less than 100 posts:

The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

When you put a lot of effort into making a good game thread and it gets less than 100 posts:

I was working. But I'm catching up now. Nicely done double-0.

Comment

• We have to work hard on our perimeter defence.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                                Take that W and run outta town. Road trip is gonna be hell....
                                Yeah it's a bad one.

I would be ecstatic if we go 3-2.

Comment

Working...
                                X