Game #7: Toronto Raptors 124 - Sacramento Kings 120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
    We have to work hard on our perimeter defence.
    Sacramento shot 20 for 44 on 3 point shots. I’m surprised we won.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      6 pages of comments on a winning game??? Where have all the bandwagon fans gone? What happened to 15 page/20 page threads? Slow days in RRepublic.
      *raises hand* I'm still here, but I mainly read and like comments instead of writing anything b/c I don't usually have much insight to offer.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

We are spoiled.
        Yes and no. We got deprived of the chance to enjoy the feeling of being defending champs with a legitimate chance to repeat, like most champions get. Just looking around the NBA this year and at our own team improvement, if Kawhi & Danny came back we'd be a lock for a finals repeat and probably favorites to win it all again this year. Maybe even a 2-3 year dynasty run. It's kind of sad, but we did our deal with the devil. Maybe that's the feeling around here.... sobering up.

Comment

But what? Teams can just shoot over Lowry and FVV. And Kyle needs to conserve his energy for offense, so his man defense has become a joke.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yes and no. We got deprived of the chance to enjoy the feeling of being defending champs with a legitimate chance to repeat, like most champions get. Just looking around the NBA this year and at our own team improvement, if Kawhi & Danny came back we'd be a lock for a finals repeat and probably favorites to win it all again this year. Maybe even a 2-3 year dynasty run. It's kind of sad, but we did our deal with the devil. Maybe that's the feeling around here.... sobering up.
            Meh, I'm still going to hold on to believing the following:

Siakam becomes a legitimate superstar this year.
            OG makes the Siakam leap
            Gasol is a bit more selfish (as he was last night)
            Matt Thomas is our bonafide 3 point terminator
            Lowry will show again why he's the GROAT.
            FVV with stone cold performances, draining every bucket.

Raptors vs. Clippers in the NBA Finals
            Raptors in 5.

Comment

• Kings made too many mistakes on defense which cost them the game. They can become a playoff team if they sharpen a few things up. They needed Bagley as well who's a huge upgrade over Holmes. But yeah, Raps are lucky that Harrison Barnes plays for the other team. What a dope.

I thought the Raps slept walked through most of the game. Really not much intensity. Similar to the Bucks game. We woke up in the second half in that game. Last night I think we were trying to wake up in the 3rd, but the Kings were resilient.

OG and Serge are the only two that look to be trying. OG has a lot to prove for missing most of last year. Serge is on an expiring contract and is playing for his next. He's been good. Although Serge is awesome with rest days.. not so much on B2B's. Let's see how he performs in the west coast trip.

We're seeing a lot of KLOE moments on offense, but he's also been pretty dumb a lot of the time.. especially on defense. Errant passes. Trying to chase steals instead of sealing his man. Working the refs instead of just trying play hard, etc. Mr. Net rating was a team low -6. He needs to do better. But Nurse, what's with the 40 minute games? He's going to be so gassed by the end of the year.

Pascal was okay. I mean he put up 23/13/5. But he was turnover prone quite a bit. There was that one play where the Kings player just picked his pocket right in front of him. Pascal got Kawhi'd by someone who wasn't Kawhi. Pretty embarrassing. He was like trying so hard not to foul that he stopped being aggressive. The paint was wide open last night and he rarely used it. He could have easily put up over 30 points but was holding back. Hope he finds a good rhythm going forward.

Fred and Norm look like they are depressed half the time.

Is Norm just wasting his talent? He's so frustrating to watch. Terrible defensive lapses. Can't do anything right on offense. Matt at least looks like he's trying, but is just limited by his athletic abilities. Like Jose back in the day. His mom is still friends with Kawhi's mom right? Can we trade him to the Clips for someone else? Harkless or Shamet would be upgrades.

I want Nurse to really think hard before he uses his challenges. He's been so bad with them. I don't remember a single one where I thought it might get overruled.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                6 pages of comments on a winning game??? Where have all the bandwagon fans gone? What happened to 15 page/20 page threads? Slow days in RRepublic.
                I find that in most forums (not just at RR) that people tend to write more when they have something to complain about. It's like a form of relief. Hate typing is a bit like therapy.

The hate writing will continue in a year or two. If we lose early on in the playoffs, we'll probably start seeing more posts. If we make a dumb decision like drafting the "wrong" guy.. more posts.. If the time comes where Masai has to rebuild, RR will be hopping again.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Pascal was okay. I mean he put up 23/13/5. But he was turnover prone quite a bit. There was that one play where the Kings player just picked his pocket right in front of him. Pascal got Kawhi'd by someone who wasn't Kawhi. Pretty embarrassing. He was like trying so hard not to foul that he stopped being aggressive. The paint was wide open last night and he rarely used it. He could have easily put up over 30 points but was holding back. Hope he finds a good rhythm going forward.
                  I keep hearing people talk about Pascal's turnovers, but he has a lower turnover rate than Lowry, FVV, Gasol & Ibaka... despite having the highest usage on the team, by a healthy margin. Relative to usage and as a primary scorer, he's doing fine.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I keep hearing people talk about Pascal's turnovers, but he has a lower turnover rate than Lowry, FVV, Gasol & Ibaka... despite having the highest usage on the team, by a healthy margin. Relative to usage and as a primary scorer, he's doing fine.
                    Us fans are trying to groom Pascal into a super star. The old guys get a pass since they'll be off the team in a year or two.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Yeah it's a bad one.

I would be ecstatic if we go 3-2.
                      I think there's a better chance they get swept
                      I'm hoping 2-3

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Us fans are trying to groom Pascal into a super star. The old guys get a pass since they'll be off the team in a year or two.
                        Ok.... for example, Lebron is: 31.5 USG% and 13.1 TOV% for his career. That's superstar usage and superstar turnover rate.

Pascal is right there already: 30.6 USG% and 13.0 TOV%.

Comment

Giving up 44 3PAs is certainly not good. But them hitting 20 of them is just hot shooting. Studies have shown that defences can't really impact, in the bigger picture, how well an opponent shoots from three. But they can limit the number of shots they get from there.

The defence was actually fine in spite of the resulting numbers. The DRTG was killed by the hot shooting from SAC and the offensive rebounds given up.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Giving up 44 3PAs is certainly not good. But them hitting 20 of them is just hot shooting. Studies have shown that defences can't really impact, in the bigger picture, how well an opponent shoots from three. But they can limit the number of shots they get from there.

The defence was actually fine in spite of the resulting numbers. The DRTG was killed by the hot shooting from SAC and the offensive rebounds given up.
                            Yeah, the 14 turnovers and 12 OREB are more of an issue cause Raps are losing possessions. 17 more FGA for Sacramento last night. Now, the Raps did have more free throws so it isn't exactly 17 more opportunities but the team can't keep putting itself at this kind of disadvantage and consistently win games, let alone beat good teams.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Yeah, the 14 turnovers and 12 OREB are more of an issue cause Raps are losing possessions. 17 more FGA for Sacramento last night. Now, the Raps did have more free throws so it isn't exactly 17 more opportunities but the team can't keep putting itself at this kind of disadvantage and consistently win games, let alone beat good teams.
                              The turnover battle was break even, it was the offensive rebounding, and more potently, the lack of Toronto's own offensive rebounding (2 offensive boards all game) that turned the possession count (+13 for the Kings).
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• That was a fun game to watch. SAC was going off, it’s far from the norm.

OG is coming along, just imagine what he’s going to look like further in the season with more reps.

Comment

Working...
                                X