• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH
    replied
    tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    If Lowry, stays, we draft one of Payne, Anderson, Warren or McDaniels
    If Lowry opts out, we might have to pray that one of Payton, Ennis, or Napier is available at No20
    If one of them (specifically Ennis and Payton) are available at 20, we're taking them regardless of Lowry (who, by the way, we won't know about until at least a week after the draft).

Leave a comment:

• tenforthewin
    replied
    If Lowry, stays, we draft one of Payne, Anderson, Warren or McDaniels
    If Lowry opts out, we might have to pray that one of Payton, Ennis, or Napier is available at No20

Leave a comment:

• Papa Burgundy
    replied
    PJ Tucker ... yes, 100% ... but I have a feeling he would give the Suns first shot at retaining him

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    2KJ wrote: View Post
    Beasley is actually a decent player. He may be a headcase, but he's decent. I'm not sure why Spo left him rotting on the bench in the Finals and only used him in Gm 5 when they were down by 20+.

How about Thabo Sefalosha? He's a proven defender, he has the size that Ross doesn't have, can knock down a 3, has playoff experience w/ Chicago and OKC, was rarely used by OKC this season, no news about him being a headcase, and he's likely cheaper than Ariza or Deng.
    IT's not that he's a headcase, it's that he's an absolutely terrible offensive player. He has bad instincts, and doesn't shoot or finish very well. His 3 pt shot has only really been good 2 years...and other than that he's a bad-mediocre shooter. That's why he was taken out of OKC's starting lineup in the playoffs. You can't depend on him for anything on O, not even hitting wide open jumpers.

I don't really want him. I hope he's not the best we can find in free agency.

Ahead of him, I'd put Marvin Williams, and PJ Tucker....and Aminu as a one-sided player (at least he has size we need, Thabo has average size at the wing), or any rookie we draft that hopefully is able to contribute some minutes off the bench.

Leave a comment:

• Papa Burgundy
    replied
    #20 - I like Clint Capela - big man to develop from overseas ... Cleanthony Early also a favourite in that range.

Free Agent targets: Thabo Sefalosha, or another wing defender.

KL/GV/Stone
    DD/Thabo/Nando
    TR/Fields/Novak
    Amir/2Pat/Ty
    JV/Chuck/Capela

Leave a comment:

• 2KJ
    replied
    Beasley is actually a decent player. He may be a headcase, but he's decent. I'm not sure why Spo left him rotting on the bench in the Finals and only used him in Gm 5 when they were down by 20+.

How about Thabo Sefalosha? He's a proven defender, he has the size that Ross doesn't have, can knock down a 3, has playoff experience w/ Chicago and OKC, was rarely used by OKC this season, no news about him being a headcase, and he's likely cheaper than Ariza or Deng.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    This isn't much of a game changer but I wouldn't mind seeing Masai go after a guy like Michael Beasley, .
    Can Beasly clear customs with his past indiscretions ?

Leave a comment:

• RepTdot
    replied
    Free Agency is gonna depend on signing Lowry and who we draft...ideally we draft a SF like Hood, Young, Anderson unless Ennis is available with the 20th and Thannis Antempomka (i know its spelt wrong) in the 2nd.
    If/when Lowry is signed, I think adding Greg Monroe would be the piece that puts in over the top for years to come...add Carter for a lil raptors redemption and veteran leadership and thats my ideal off season

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    RisingRaptors wrote: View Post
    I was about to add in that he could potentially mess up the chemistry but I believe that someone like Amir or Hayes could keep him in check. I see him as a low-risk, high reward in terms of his skills but I think he's better off in Miami with Lebron cause Lebron pretty much keeps him in check.
    Why does anyone think Beasley can be kept in check?

He was literally in a perfect situation this year. Veterans to keep him in check. He was gifted a role at the start of the season as bench scorer...yet he lost it, somehow. If he couldn't get his shit together to play meaningful minutes this year, well I don't know why any team would have interest. And I have no desire to pay him like a 10th man to be our 15th man.

Leave a comment:

• RisingRaptors
    replied
    I was about to add in that he could potentially mess up the chemistry but I believe that someone like Amir or Hayes could keep him in check. I see him as a low-risk, high reward in terms of his skills but I think he's better off in Miami with Lebron cause Lebron pretty much keeps him in check.

Leave a comment:

• stooley
    replied
    RisingRaptors wrote: View Post
    Problem is I view Beasley as more of a tweener, sure he can score but he's not much of a defensive stopper. Though I would like if Masai does go after him. He could be a good scoring explosion off the bench. He's like a low-risk, high-reward type of guy.
    I think he's actually pretty high risk since he has the potential to mess up our locker room.

Leave a comment:

• RisingRaptors
    replied
    Problem is I view Beasley as more of a tweener, sure he can score but he's not much of a defensive stopper. Though I would like if Masai does go after him. He could be a good scoring explosion off the bench. He's like a low-risk, high-reward type of guy.

Leave a comment:

• RisingRaptors
    replied
    I also think that Ross fits at the SF position. Only thing he'll need to fix is his frame. I think that if he could add about 10-15 lbs of muscle, it could help while defending bigger SF. Though the reason why I want to draft a SF is to fill the sixth man spot. Now I don't think Dwane Casey will immediately put a rookie into sixth man minutes so maybe we could sign someone like Vince Carter to fill in the sixth man spot until the rookie can hold his own.

Leave a comment:

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    This isn't much of a game changer but I wouldn't mind seeing Masai go after a guy like Michael Beasley, Miami might not resign him since he played like 0 minutes. He can score and is a big SF. Again, I'm not expecting him to play 25 minutes a game or anything but 10 minutes a game and around 6 points and a couple boards wouldn't be too bad. Especially if we can land him with the bi-annual exception (2.3 mil I think?).

Leave a comment:

• yabadabayolo
    replied
    ejah wrote: View Post
    The Raptors' biggest need is a big small forward who can shoot and match up against other big small forwards. The eastern conference is full of elite 6'8 - 6'9 guys who run the offense from the perimeter and the raptors are very poorly equipped to defend them (Ross and Derozan are both SG).

The East alone has Paul George, Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, Joe Johnson, and soon to be Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins. Then add on Luol Deng, Leonard, Durant, Batum, Gay, Gallinari etc and it becomes evident that this problem is not going away.

I like ross and everything, but he doesn't fit well next to Derozan on defense. Need to explore options to get a guy like Ariza in as the starter at SF. Even someone like Jeff Taylor if we want to set the bar nice and low.
    The only people in your list ross can't guard is durant James melo and joe penis. Everyone else could easily be stopped by flight 31. Not too sure on Jabari and wiggans since they will be inconsistent rookies. I think some days they'll kill but others they will be average
    Last edited by yabadabayolo; Thu Jun 19, 2014, 03:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X