No announcement yet.

Game #8: Toronto Raptors 122 - New Orleans Pelicans 104

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That royally sucks about Serge and Kyle. I mean Nurse was using a 7 man rotation and 2 are down. Fracture on Kyle's hand? Geez, what a blow. Serge's injury looks like it will be a long one. Hopefully it's not a high ankle sprain. He's usually an ironman so hopefully he gets better quick.

We're going to have to see more Davis now. Hope he doesn't foul out in 7 minutes anymore or we're screwed.

I guess we'll be calling up Hernandez. Or we're going to see a lot more Boucher at the 5 which makes me want to cringe.

Ugh.. oh well, what can you do.

As for the game itself... Pascal and OG were great. Pascal had like a very seamless 44. Didn't seem like it was that high until they showed his total on the screen (I tend to watch games without volume). OG was everywhere. He's having a heck of a season. Hope he gets a nomination for MIP. Don't think he wins it, but he's been really good this year. Fred was still meh. Marc was good.. hit some big 3's. He looked really gassed though when Serge went out. That could be problematic. Norm hit some shots.. but still had that tunnel vision. He always makes a great defensive play (steal, rebound, deflection)... and then royally screws it up on offense the next play. Still a bonehead. Davis was decent. Matt is like an instant 3 every game. I think he can be a keeper.. He seems a bit too scattered at times on defense.

Still curious why RHJ doesn't see the floor.. wonder if he's in the dog house, or if he's hurt. I mean even SJ got some garbage time.

Overall it was quite the pummeling. I know the Pellies tried to make it a game.. clawing back to like a 10 or 9 point lead. But the game was never in doubt for me.. not like it was against the Kings. Good road win in a game that could have easily been a trap game.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      That royally sucks about Serge and Kyle. I mean Nurse was using a 7 man rotation and 2 are down. Fracture on Kyle's hand? Geez, what a blow. Serge's injury looks like it will be a long one. Hopefully it's not a high ankle sprain. He's usually an ironman so hopefully he gets better quick.

We're going to have to see more Davis now. Hope he doesn't foul out in 7 minutes anymore or we're screwed.

I guess we'll be calling up Hernandez. Or we're going to see a lot more Boucher at the 5 which makes me want to cringe.

As for the game itself... Pascal and OG were great. Pascal had like a very seamless 44. Didn't seem like it was that high until they showed his total on the screen (I tend to watch games without volume). OG was everywhere. He's having a heck of a season. Hope he gets a nomination for MIP. Don't think he wins it, but he's been really good this year. Fred was still meh. Marc was good.. hit some big 3's. He looked really gassed though when Serge went out. That could be problematic. Norm hit some shots.. but still had that tunnel vision. He always makes a great defensive play (steal, rebound, deflection)... and then royally screws it up on offense the next play. Still a bonehead. Davis was decent. Matt is like an instant 3 every game. I think he can be a keeper.. He seems a bit too scattered at times on defense.

Still curious why RHJ doesn't see the floor.. wonder if he's in the dog house, or if he's hurt. I mean even SJ got some garbage time.

Overall it was quite the pummeling. I know the Pellies tried to make it a game.. clawing back to like a 10 or 9 point lead. But the game was never in doubt for me.. not like it was against the Kings. Good road win in a game that could have easily been a trap game.
      So here’s an interesting idea around....Fans are feeling bad about both Lowry and Serge going down...But would you feel worse if it was Pascal ? I would... The torch has been passed.

cheap seat guess....kyle plays on this trip...
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Bummer to hear Kyle and Serge injuries.

IMO, they should cut one of the players to free up a roster space and accommodate another Point Guard. I suggest Malcolm Miller. I know that Jeremey Lin is playing somewhere in Asia but maybe Webster can make a phone call and buy him out of his contract there. Jeremy already knows the system of Nick Nurse and the coach is also versed to Lin’s game. Yes he was awful last season but it would not hurt at all for him to fill that gap while Kyle is recovering.

Comment

• Finally was able to watch the game. Most of my excitement for Pascal and OG’s games is gone because of the Lowry and Serge injuries. Fucking brutal for it to happen right when we’re about to hit probably our toughest stretch of the season
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I think Lowry will be back pretty soon. At first in the broadcast they said it was actually a nail, and only later the talk of minor fracture, but all-in-all it sounds precautionary. There was no weight falling on it (like Curry's injury), it was generated by his own "swiping" motion. Serge's though looks like a few weeks out.

Comment

• There are no kept secrets in L.A.

Comment

• Are the Grizz still dangling Iguodala? the Raptors desperately need a 2 guard. Iguodala would look good in Raptors uniform.

Comment

• Brutal. Waive Stanley and get third string PG fock lol
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    That royally sucks about Serge and Kyle. I mean Nurse was using a 7 man rotation and 2 are down. Fracture on Kyle's hand? Geez, what a blow. Serge's injury looks like it will be a long one. Hopefully it's not a high ankle sprain. He's usually an ironman so hopefully he gets better quick.

RHJ is apparently recovering from a groin injury and is not 100% yet.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post
                      Are the Grizz still dangling Iguodala? the Raptors desperately need a 2 guard. Iguodala would look good in Raptors uniform.
                      Sure but he is probably out of their price range.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        Brutal. Waive Stanley and get third string PG fock lol
                        Bring up Ponds, it's your lucky break kid.

Sink or swim.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Sink or swim.
                          Ponds didn't have a good game last night in the 905 however - shot 5 for 14 from the field, 3 assists, 5 turnovers

Dewan Hernandez has reportedly been called up to the Raptors (per the RR homepage)

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Sink or swim.
                            damn Delon would've been nice right now. Just gotta survive and have at least .500 record till Lowry comes back
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Well shit...

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Brutal. Waive Stanley and get third string PG fock lol
                                Tyler Ennis, eventually. Masai still has a man crush.

Comment

Working...
                                X