• Show
Clear All

• DanH
    replied
    Game day! Technically.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Man I remember 2 years ago I couldn't stand Serge but now he is one of my favourites on the team. Get well soon!

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    This team without Lowry (and Serge) will struggle to be more than a .500 team imo

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    Go Raptors! Love the biggie vid, this will be our good luck charm. If the raps win Berta I expect a biggie reference in your next game thread too!

If Lowry's injury ends up being minor, I'm going to be a contrarian and suggest the rest will do him good after all the minutes he's logged. It was entirely possible the raps lose the next 4 games even if Lowry plays (Lakers, Clippers, Portland, Dallas, all on the road).

5 of the following 6 games after this western trip are against Charlotte, Orlando, Atlanta, New York Knicks and Orlando, with a game against the 76ers in there. Don't want to jinx us but there are some winnable games in there without Lowry. That stretch brings us to Dec 1st, over 3 weeks away. If Lowry is good to go after that this may not be a complete disaster and the rest could serve him well.

Edit--scratch all that. Lowry comes back early to play in Philly and re-aggravates his thumb and is then out until xmas.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post

The Casey era is over.

Nurse probably has a good plan, Raps got the better of Lebron last season.

Siakam needs to score another 40 tho..
    Davis is better than any player lebron has ever played with previously. He wasn't there last season ....
    An argument could certainly be made for Wade but he wasn't there last season either

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Any Raptor bench guy that’s complained about minutes before..... step up now, or shut TF up.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    lewhiner is gonna punk us again. Spin the ball in our face 2.0
    Man, I can't stand his smarmy face ....
    The Casey era is over.

Nurse probably has a good plan, Raps got the better of Lebron last season.

Siakam needs to score another 40 tho..

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    lewhiner is gonna punk us again. Spin the ball in our face 2.0
    Man, I can't stand his smarmy face ....

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Pear Tree wrote: View Post

Boucher vs Dwight backup centre battle
    Battle?! heh

You will get better result puting OG there or even the inexperienced Hernandez.

Leave a comment:

• Pear Tree
    replied
    Potential things I am dreading from this game:

-Our offense struggling to score against the leagues best défense without our floor general

-Boucher vs Dwight backup centre battle

-Fred trying to score at the rim all game

Things I am looking forward to:

-Pascal scoring signature buckets with LeBron and AD guarding him

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    We'll need fred from game 1 or this could get ugly

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Norm has opportunity here to show us something. team needs some impact from him

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    started a topic Game #9 : Toronto Raptors 113 - Los Angeles Lakers 104

Game #9 : Toronto Raptors 113 - Los Angeles Lakers 104

Toronto heads to the state of California for the first time since bringing home the Larry O.B last June. This will be night 1 of 2 in a family reunion with a quick catch up with Danny Green. Although securing the win in game one of the the road trip it did not come without loses. Both Kyle and Serge two pieces of the heart and soul of this team will be out for the foreseeable future. If there was ever time for an early season signature win stealing one on the road against a championship contender would be a huge boost to the new young gunz. Anyone who was watching a raptors pre-season game via a jumbotron stream in New Orleans remember the beginning of pascals breakout season, he took the ball at A.D time after time and outplayed the All-Star. We are going to need a repeat of this performance if the Raps want to steal a game in L.A

After dropping game one vs the cross town rival the Lakers have rallied off 7 straight victory's to put themselves at the top of the western conference standings. This team looks every bit the championship team they were pegged to be pre-season. Despite that they don't look completely unbeatable as they were down 20 points to a young bulls teams earlier this week. If they come into this one underestimating an undermanned Raptors teams and following up a sangria Saturday the Lakers may be surprised by the defending champs.

Starting Lineups

Raptors

Lakers

Berta's X Factor-Norm Powell, The lose of Kyle and Serge will leave alot of scoring absent from the raptors offense. Norm will slot into the starting lineup and he will need to take a bulk of the scoring that is gone without the two veterans. Playing with the more competent starters and facing off against his former mentor Danny Green, the type of Powell that shows up on Sunday will be the deciding factor on if the raps can pull off the early season upset.

Thread Theme:
Working...
X