Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #11: Toronto Raptors 114 - Portland Trail Blazers 106

Current State of the Republic

Let’s just say the regular season passion may be a bit dimmed for some who have tasted the ‘chip.

I’ll start this by default and not in a vain attempt to be the one who gets the first playoff game thread for our first seed Raptors.

In a thread that would make TRex proud, I’ll keep it simple.
    We’re up against Dame and CJ and not much else (depending on your Whiteside leanings). But, with that said, Dame can go for 60 and blow up the whole night.
    But that’s ok. Because we have (insert ”undrafted GLeaguer that we never expected to see” here) who will bottle him up.

Next man up.

Go Raps

Thanks for stepping up Jclaw. We shouldn't have to ride our playoff stars this heavy early in the season we need to keep those posting finger fresh for the playoffs.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Portland one of the teams i have watched quite a bit this season. They really screwed up letting all those glue guys who have been around for all the playoff runs go. Aminu, Harkless, Leonard even curry from last season. They just have nothing left with Nurkic out. It's at the point where it doesn't even matter if both Dame and C.J are nailing every shot it's still very tough to win. They lost a game where Dame had 60 already this season. This should be a game we win. even without O.G. Just make sure simions doesn't go off from the bench and the blazers shouldn't have enough firepower to win.

Comment

3rd game in 4 nights.. 4 in 6 nights. Blazers are on their own B2B after losing to the Kings and are now 4-7 which is pretty terrible for being in the West.

I know the Blazers are banged up but there will be a sense of urgency with them to right their ship.

Fred and Siakam played over 40 last time out. This is most likely going to be a very ugly game. Weird stuff always seems to occur in Portland for some reason. Wonder if tonight will be any different?

Just need good/decent defense on their perimeter players. Whiteside is an elite shot blocker but pretty dumb on defense. Hopefully Pascal's efficiency is back to the way it was earlier in the season. He's been pretty brutal the last two games - especially from 3.

The good news is that this is latest we play in the evening until we get to Golden State in March. So I may be able to get to bed on time after this one. Looking forward to that.

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
          Portland one of the teams i have watched quite a bit this season. They really screwed up letting all those glue guys who have been around for all the playoff runs go. Aminu, Harkless, Leonard even curry from last season. They just have nothing left with Nurkic out. It's at the point where it doesn't even matter if both Dame and C.J are nailing every shot it's still very tough to win. They lost a game where Dame had 60 already this season. This should be a game we win. even without O.G. Just make sure simions doesn't go off from the bench and the blazers shouldn't have enough firepower to win.
          It's crazy that without Kyle, Serge and OG (3 STARTERS), we expect to win against any other NBA team at all.
          -Hope they can pull it off, they are underdogs in Vegas
          Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Nov 13, 2019, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Raptors recall Oshae Brissett from G League

Comment

They really miss Collins, hes their do it all big that kinda makes it all work. Now they have to play waaaayy too much Tolliver and Skal. Whiteside has put in predictably minimal effort. I like their roster without injuries - though they are still a trade away from being scary.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

It's crazy that without Kyle, Serge and OG (3 STARTERS), we expect to win against any other NBA team at all.
                -Hope they can pull it off, they are underdogs in Vegas
                Kings just beat them without bagley or fox. I watched that game and it was so frustrating. Dame and CJ just took turn coming down getting a screen and jacking up a 3 or mid range. They have absolutely nothing else on offense it brutal basketball they are playing right now. Good team basketball will beat this iteration of the blazer any night

Comment

Thanks for stepping up Jclaw. We shouldn't have to ride our playoff stars this heavy early in the season we need to keep those posting finger fresh for the playoffs.
                  We are being load managed.

That said...I am supremely confident that Jclaw is embarking on a 5 game win streak.
                  The shirkers and slackers will be off the couch by then to take the torch ...
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

JClaw is it possible to edit the thread title to include "Game #11" like the previous game threads? I always like to know what game it is and it's easier to find. Thx or a mod if it can be done

Comment

Kings just beat them without bagley or fox. I watched that game and it was so frustrating. Dame and CJ just took turn coming down getting a screen and jacking up a 3 or mid range. They have absolutely nothing else on offense it brutal basketball they are playing right now. Good team basketball will beat this iteration of the blazer any night
                      Kinda like 2015 Lowry and Derozan

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

If Blazers had Masai...who knows where they would be
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

2015 Lowry and DeRozan were over .500 though
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Let's lose the game, I don't care, and play our end of rotation guys to see if any of them can fill bigger shoes. We have to be thinking long term, not short term regular season-wise.
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                              Let's lose the game, I don't care, and play our end of rotation guys to see if any of them can fill bigger shoes. We have to be thinking long term, not short term regular season-wise.
                              How 'bout we play them and still win the game?

Comment

Working...
                              X