No announcement yet.

Game #11: Toronto Raptors 114 - Portland Trail Blazers 106

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doncic should take a load management day against the Raps or his averages will take a hit.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I suspect Masai to stand pat.
      Really? Don’t you think he’d love to somehow compete for a back to back? It’s early in the season and Masai has a long time to evaluate but the 2 guard seems like an obvious area to improve.

Based off of the way this team is playing, how unguardable Siakam is, the emergence of OG, I don’t think you can count them out to get back to the finals. Particularly if they can upgrade at the 2. I get that it’s tricky re assets going the other way and not sacrificing the future, but bringing in a foundational piece and a guy still in his prime like Jrue could help. He’s signed thru next year with a player option after that I believe.

Comment

• That was a solid goddamn win. Fred trashing Lillard on both ends, Pascal getting buckets in the 4th, Rondae being the ultimate glue guy, Gasol with his grizzled vet shit, Davis the spark-plug off the bench...

This has been a fun start to the season man
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 12 and 28.A couple of random numbers.
          But
          Thats what the Raptors defense has held Kawhi Leonard and the combo of Lillard/McCollum to in two consecutive games.
          Its shutdown good.

Going for the trifecta in Dallas as they hold Luka Doncic to under 20.
          Thats pretty damn impressive.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            12 and 28.A couple of random numbers.
            But
            Thats what the Raptors defense has held Kawhi Leonard and the combo of Lillard/McCollum to in two consecutive games.
            Its shutdown good.

Going for the trifecta in Dallas as they hold Luka Doncic to under 20.
            Thats pretty damn impressive.
            Also they held LeBron to 13 points the game prior. Remarkable

Comment

• Never thought they would go even 3-2 with a shot at 4-1 on this road trip. All credit to this team and Coach Nurse.
              And back to an 8:00 start for Sat

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

Really? Don’t you think he’d love to somehow compete for a back to back? It’s early in the season and Masai has a long time to evaluate but the 2 guard seems like an obvious area to improve.

Based off of the way this team is playing, how unguardable Siakam is, the emergence of OG, I don’t think you can count them out to get back to the finals. Particularly if they can upgrade at the 2. I get that it’s tricky re assets going the other way and not sacrificing the future, but bringing in a foundational piece and a guy still in his prime like Jrue could help. He’s signed thru next year with a player option after that I believe.
                Masai always surprises me, but I'm not sure he'd be willing to trade Marc of Serge and I suspect one would have to be traded to get someone like Jrue who makes about $26M a year. Norm makes about $10M. And our next big contract is Fred's who I doubt Masai would trade either.

Problem with trading Marc and/or Serge is it leaves us weak at C (although we're doing okay without Serge it would still hurt us in the playoffs). Even if we did, a rebuilding team like NO wouldn't want a vet big even if they are expiring. We'd probably have to find a 3rd team which makes things complicated.

Just feel like Masai will keep the roster in tact and try to get a guy from the buy out market instead. But happy to be proven wrong.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Masai always surprises me, but I'm not sure he'd be willing to trade Marc of Serge and I suspect one would have to be traded to get someone like Jrue who makes about $26M a year. Norm makes about $10M. And our next big contract is Fred's who I doubt Masai would trade either.

Problem with trading Marc and/or Serge is it leaves us weak at C (although we're doing okay without Serge it would still hurt us in the playoffs). Even if we did, a rebuilding team like NO wouldn't want a vet big even if they are expiring. We'd probably have to find a 3rd team which makes things complicated.

Just feel like Masai will keep the roster in tact and try to get a guy from the buy out market instead. But happy to be proven wrong.

Don't want to turn this into a Holiday thread but I went to the Pelicans game on Monday and there was a lot of frustration in the crowd with how Holiday is playing. And, honestly, he looked like he was going through the motions most of the night. He turned down a number of open looks from three and seemed hesitant to push the pace or attack the rim. We were behind their bench and there were multiple occasions where members of the coaching staff threw up their hands at some of his decisions (or non-decisions). His initial man-to-man defense was pretty good but once he got beat or needed to recover/help he was just making time out there.

It felt like him and Redick were doing just enough to put in a decent showing but not really playing hard enough to risk anything.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Don't want to turn this into a Holiday thread but I went to the Pelicans game on Monday and there was a lot of frustration in the crowd with how Holiday is playing. And, honestly, he looked like he was going through the motions most of the night. He turned down a number of open looks from three and seemed hesitant to push the pace or attack the rim. We were behind their bench and there were multiple occasions where members of the coaching staff threw up their hands at some of his decisions (or non-decisions). His initial man-to-man defense was pretty good but once he got beat or needed to recover/help he was just making time out there.

It felt like him and Redick were doing just enough to put in a decent showing but not really playing hard enough to risk anything.
                    Pure Hypothetical then.

Would Reddick be a better play than Holiday if he was available ?

JJ fits the raps culture profile in that he works hard every single day. He is a hardass type that plays to win. He wont clash with Kyle as that is what Kyle is. He will play defense and he is an upgrade at the 2 over Thomas as the designated 3 point shot maker. Norm can be a change of pace.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                      This back to back MIP convo is disrespectful imo. Nobody has ever won it because when a player gets better after a MIP season, we're talking about an MVP type of season. Nobody talked about Giannis winning the MIP award back to back a few years ago lol.
                      Disrespectful? To what? What is up with you and siakam? He doesnt get enough mentions on the Stephen a smith show?
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Disrespectful? To what? What is up with you and siakam? He doesnt get enough mentions on the Stephen a smith show?
                        How come people are talking about Trae Young as an MVP candidate and not a MIP candidate? he's improved a lot this year. I'll answer it for you, it's because he's a sexy name and because he was a high draft pick unlike Siakam. Siakam should be in the MVP convo and not in the MIP convo.

Andrew Wiggins is the MIP this year(so far) and it's not even close.

And Keon, I know you're not the sharpest tool in the shed but criticizing a player doesn't mean hating a player. You prolly think I hate Lowry too.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Luka Doncic is my darkhorse pick to win the MVP this year. A lot of people are now talking about him as a serious MVP candidate. He's been incredible. His team is 6-4. Siakam is averaging 27 and 9, the Raptors are 8-3 and Lowry and Ibaka have missed the last 3-4 games. But he's not an MVP candidate? instead he's MIP? lmao.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

How come people are talking about Trae Young as an MVP candidate and not a MIP candidate? he's improved a lot this year. I'll answer it for you, it's because he's a sexy name and because he was a high draft pick unlike Siakam. Siakam should be in the MVP convo and not in the MIP convo.

Andrew Wiggins is the MIP this year(so far) and it's not even close.

And Keon, I know you're not the sharpest tool in the shed but criticizing a player doesn't mean hating a player. You prolly think I hate Lowry too.
                            I don't really like 2nd year lottery picks being in the MIP conversation. These are the type of guys who are supposed to have a big jump from year 1 to year 2. The only time i think a 2nd year guy should be in MIP consderation is a guy like SGA who no one thought he would become this type of player.
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Luka Doncic is my darkhorse pick to win the MVP this year. A lot of people are now talking about him as a serious MVP candidate. He's been incredible. His team is 6-4. Siakam is averaging 27 and 9, the Raptors are 8-3 and Lowry and Ibaka have missed the last 3-4 games. But he's not an MVP candidate? instead he's MIP? lmao.
                              They both have a shot at MVP but it is a very outside shot. It's all about narrative. Going to be hard for Giannis to win back to back as we have seen with Harden. For pascal to win raptors need to be a top 2 seed in east. For doncic Mavs need to get to top 4 in west.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Luka Doncic is my darkhorse pick to win the MVP this year. A lot of people are now talking about him as a serious MVP candidate. He's been incredible. His team is 6-4. Siakam is averaging 27 and 9, the Raptors are 8-3 and Lowry and Ibaka have missed the last 3-4 games. But he's not an MVP candidate? instead he's MIP? lmao.
                                Problem is Siakam's not really a serious part of league-wide conversations for MVP or MIP. MVP lists have him on the outside looking in or not listed at all, generally speaking. MIP comments are all re: "this guy could win 2 in a row but the NBA doesn't do that lol" or "he's an MVP candidate now not MIP" - but, as previously noted, he's not a serious candidate in most MVP conversations.

Take him seriously in one or the other or both. I vote for both - set some history and give the guy MIP + MVP votes.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X