• Show
Clear All

• Anyone got the boxscore?

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
      Anyone got the boxscore?
      http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches...73GQYC3zqmNJU/

Comment

• Looks like my boy Sauce shot like shit, as did Brady. Need them to be better. Nicholson was 4-5 beyond the arc? OOOOOKKKK!!

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
          Looks like my boy Sauce shot like shit, as did Brady. Need them to be better. Nicholson was 4-5 beyond the arc? OOOOOKKKK!!
          Nicholson had only scored a total of 3 point over the first 3 games, h needed that before the real games begin.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Canada won, but they looked a bit shaky at times. Basically, like a young team that is getting their feet wet, learning the system and each other. Would like to see more ball movement, but it seems like Jay Triano wants to play it safe and keep the offense simple to take advantage of his NBA athletes by using more ISO. You can really see the athletic advantage Canada has over other teams when guys like Bennett, Wiggins and Ejim are out there.

Comment

• Canadian senior men win an international competition! Never said that before.

Tuto Marchand impressions:

Joseph: good leadership, solid in the first 3 games, rough erratic game last night (6 TO against Puerto Rico).
              Stauskas: what happened to that guy that hit 71 of 75 3s in his driveway?
              Wiggins: athletic, solid two way play, always an adventure when he puts the ball on the floor.
              Nicholson: almost not existent in the first 3 games, glad Pitino chose not to guard him, hit the open shots.
              Bennett: consistently superb on offense and rebounds, lost on defensive end.
              Scrubb: stepped up in crunch time, pleasant surprise.
              Ejim: great hustle, energy guy.
              Doornekamp: best game against Brazil, lost minutes as Ejim came on.
              Heslip: dead eye, delivers consistently from 3, defensive liability, no surprises here.
              Powell: big contributor the first two games, quiet after that.
              Sacre: didn't play much, non factor.
              Hanlan: didn't play after game one, obvious cut? (Triano says Olynyk is good for Mexico)
              Last edited by stretch; Thu Aug 27, 2015, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                Canadian senior men win an international competition! Never said that before.

Tuto Marchand impressions:

Joseph: good leadership, solid in the first 3 games, rough erratic game last night (6 TO against Puerto Rico).
                Stauskas: what happened to that guy that hit 71 of 75 3s in his driveway?
                Wiggins: athletic, solid two way play, always an adventure when he puts the ball on the floor.
                Nicholson: almost not existent in the first 3 games, glad Pitino chose not to guard him, hit the open shots.
                Bennett: consistently superb on offense and rebounds, lost on defensive end.
                Scrubb: stepped up in crunch time, pleasant surprise.
                Ejim: great hustle, energy guy.
                Doornekamp: best game against Brazil, lost minutes as Ejim came on.
                Heslip: dead eye, delivers consistently from 3, defensive liability, no surprises here.
                Powell: big contributor the first two games, quiet after that.
                Sacre: didn't play much, non factor.
                Hanlan: didn't play after game one, obvious cut? (Triano says Olynyk is good for Mexico)
                Heslip shot 32% from 3 over the 4 games, that is not dead eye at all, 6th best percentage on his own team (2 guys did not shot many). He can get hot but at this level is streaky.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Here is a link to Canada's players stats for the tournament http://www.fibaamericas.com/en/torne...a&c=CAN&xtab=3
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                    Heslip shot 32% from 3 over the 4 games, that is not dead eye at all, 6th best percentage on his own team (2 guys did not shot many). He can get hot but at this level is streaky.
                    You misunderstood me. My second sentence was "Tuto Marchand Impressions", impressions being the key word. Nothing I wrote was based on stats though I am aware of some of that.

Comment

• I guess my impressions of Heslip were different than yours so I looked up his numbers.....
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Tuto Marchand tournament games were cancelled today due to tropical storm Erica.

Comment

• Is there a schedule for the Mexico qualify Tournament thanks in advance. Also what are our chances. I for one will not lose any sleep if we do not qualify but hope interest in our program grows for 2020. Your thoughs??

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                            Is there a schedule for the Mexico qualify Tournament thanks in advance. Also what are our chances. I for one will not lose any sleep if we do not qualify but hope interest in our program grows for 2020. Your thoughs??
                            you can always check wikipedia:
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_F...s_Championship

I've seen articles that have ranked Canada #1 out of the ten teams at Mexico. The format is really weird, they do a 2-group round-robin in the first round and only eliminate 2 teams, so we'll definitely make out of the first round. The second round is a round-robin among all 8 qualified teams (do they play 7 games in the second round? that's a lot) and the top 4 teams make it to the final round. Based on our depth we should dominate the round-robin games and easily make the final round.

The final round is single elimination, and here is where things get interesting.

The top two teams qualify for the Olympics, so as long as we win the first game, we are in. However, since Brazil is already qualified for the Olympics, if they still finish top 2 at the tournament, I would assume the 3rd place team at the tournament would then qualify (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). So, if we lose a game to the Brazilians in the final round (or if we lose to a country who then meet Brazil in the finals), we can still qualify if we finish third.

Comment

• jerome wrote: View Post
                              The second round is a round-robin among all 8 qualified teams (do they play 7 games in the second round? that's a lot) and the top 4 teams make it to the final round. Based on our depth we should dominate the round-robin games and easily make the final round.
                              After looking it up more, in the second round you only play the 4 teams from the other group in the first round, and the results of both rounds are added up for the final standing.
                              Last edited by jerome; Thu Aug 27, 2015, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• That is the most confusing tournament setup I've ever heard of.
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X