X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

A request for proportional coverage is hardly censorship.
    So it's non-proportional coverage to report that a non-trivial contingent of NBA superstars & role players could miss ALL games in at least the states of New York and California? That would be front-page sports news, regardless of the reason; but in this instance, it happens to be connected to the most relevant news topic of the last 2 years.

And nobody was saying a whole lot about the NBA vax situation until Wiggins, Kyrie and the Rolling Stone article came out. I'm not seeing the dis-proportionate coverage. The Kyrie/Wiggins news is attention grabbing, because of it's impact on the games, not because the media outlets are only reporting NBA anti-vaxxers. From somebody who follows NBA newsfeeds everyday, that's simply a false representation of what's being covered. NBA news has been pretty quiet this off-season, except for the Ben Simmons saga (which I love).
    Last edited by golden; Tue Sep 28, 2021, 04:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

People will advocate for literally anything when it comes to COVID-19. Censorship, banning people from work, quarantine camps, banning protests, throwing people in jail, etc. Nothing else matters and regard to any other considerations are not only immaterial or irrelevant but insane and evil. Censoring media is probably the least bad thing being advocated.
    A request for proportional coverage is hardly censorship.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Not the media's job to protect the NBA from bad PR, especially when they're just reporting what the players are doing on a topic that's on everybody's mind. I'm not following where the insanity is. Are we advocating for censorship?
    People will advocate for literally anything when it comes to COVID-19. Censorship, banning people from work, quarantine camps, banning protests, throwing people in jail, etc. Nothing else matters and regard to any other considerations are not only immaterial or irrelevant but insane and evil. Censoring media is probably the least bad thing being advocated.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

Just because it makes media outlets money doesn't make it not insane.
    Not the media's job to protect the NBA from bad PR, especially when they're just reporting what the players are doing on a topic that's on everybody's mind. I'm not following where the insanity is. Are we advocating for censorship?

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Golden State star Stephen Curry said. "We obviously hope that he has all the right information, the access to the right resources to ask all the questions he has on making that decision. We hope he's available. We hope he moves in the right direction. My opinion is, obviously I got [vaccinated] and am ready to be available and following the mandates and whatnot. But that's kind of where it is, and in the next coming weeks and how it all plays out is gonna be entirely up to him

In other words .. Stop looking into your conspiracy websites

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

It's not insane. The media is paid to generate eyeballs and everybody's talking about it. Rolling Stone hit that out of the park.
    Just because it makes media outlets money doesn't make it not insane.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

I saw an article saying they should stop giving so much media to the tiny minority of players refusing the vaccine and I agree. Over 90% of the players are vaxxed. It's insane to keep promoting their nonsensical garbage when you've got players like KAT that lost half their family to Covid. Start interviewing the 90%+ that is vaxed about why they did it, how they don't have any side effects and feel safer around their family and friends. These guys have influence in poor communities and they're only magnifying the dumbasses like Wiggins. Also not a coincidence the guys holding out make over $30M per year so it's truly the most out of touch players.
    It's not insane. The media is paid to generate eyeballs and everybody's talking about it. Rolling Stone hit that out of the park.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post

It is a players league it seems and these guys are going to push the limits and see how far they can get .. It could be about the vaccine or it could be about don\t tell us what to do when it comes to non - basketball stuff . Funny when these guys get hurt they will be running to the medical community to get injury taken care of but when it comes to the vaccine the doctors and medical community don't know shit .

I don't want this to get political and so that is all I am going to say .. I think Wiggins marches to his own drum .. Although in defense of Wiggins this wouldn't be a issue if he was playing for the Rockets . This is a State guideline ..
    I saw an article saying they should stop giving so much media to the tiny minority of players refusing the vaccine and I agree. Over 90% of the players are vaxxed. It's insane to keep promoting their nonsensical garbage when you've got players like KAT that lost half their family to Covid. Start interviewing the 90%+ that is vaxed about why they did it, how they don't have any side effects and feel safer around their family and friends. These guys have influence in poor communities and they're only magnifying the dumbasses like Wiggins. Also not a coincidence the guys holding out make over $30M per year so it's truly the most out of touch players.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Fuchan wrote: View Post

I'm not sure how he thought that was going to work. Even if he did get approved by the NBA, state authority wasn't going to allow it. These guys have to ask themselves are their convictions strong enough that they don't want to play in the NBA anymore. When all these players say they will retire if forced to get the shot, then we will see some changes.
    It is a players league it seems and these guys are going to push the limits and see how far they can get .. It could be about the vaccine or it could be about don\t tell us what to do when it comes to non - basketball stuff . Funny when these guys get hurt they will be running to the medical community to get injury taken care of but when it comes to the vaccine the doctors and medical community don't know shit .

I don't want this to get political and so that is all I am going to say .. I think Wiggins marches to his own drum .. Although in defense of Wiggins this wouldn't be a issue if he was playing for the Rockets . This is a State guideline ..
    Last edited by guyroch; Tue Sep 28, 2021, 08:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fuchan
    replied

Canadian Andrew Wiggins denied religious exemption by NBA to skip COVID-19 vaccine .

The line speaks for itself .

I'm not sure how he thought that was going to work. Even if he did get approved by the NBA, state authority wasn't going to allow it. These guys have to ask themselves are their convictions strong enough that they don't want to play in the NBA anymore. When all these players say they will retire if forced to get the shot, then we will see some changes.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied

Canadian Andrew Wiggins denied religious exemption by NBA to skip COVID-19 vaccine .

The line speaks for itself .

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    One on One with Canadian draft pick Josh Primo.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    ‎The Bob McCown Podcast: EP 221 - NICK NURSE on Canada Basketball, Scottie Barnes and the Toronto Raptors. on Apple Podcasts

A nice Nick Nurse interview talking about team Canada

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

We could have used him this summer instead of Cory but looking for a payday is a good reason for a like Pangos . It would have be nice if Raptors could have signed him .
    Pangos is a baller. You give him 10% more athleticism and physical tools and he would carve out a 10-15 year career in the NBA. Probably a lot of guys like that, though.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Good for Pangos

We could have used him this summer instead of Cory but looking for a payday is a good reason for a like Pangos . It would have be nice if Raptors could have signed him .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X