Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employee wrote: View Post
    So ti's three teams from each pool that move to the next round?
    guyroch wrote: View Post
    4 teams
    The caveat is that because the results from the first round are carried over to the 2nd round, and the top 4 teams at the end of the second round qualify for the semi-finals, it's extremely difficult to get through to the semi-finals if you finish 4th in your pool. I think a team can typically get away with 2 losses combined in 1st and 2nd rounds, and still be pretty-much guaranteed a playoff spot. 3 losses, and you probably need a tie-breaker to get in.
    Not impossible to finish 4th in your group and make the playoffs though. Dominican did it last time around. They went 2-2 in the opening round, and then had to go 4-0 in the second round to slip into the playoffs.

Because Cuba won't make it past the first round, all their games are essentially inconsequential for qualifying for the playoffs. So Canada is still really 0-1 when it comes to the semi-finals qualifications.
    Last edited by octothorp; Thu Sep 3, 2015, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
      So ti's three teams from each pool that move to the next round?
      4 teams. But, as I understand it, the points continue to total through the second round, so, you need to get as many wins as you can, otherwise, you will be too far behind to be in the final top four.

Edit: Yeah, what octothorp said....

Comment

• Seriously, though, Canada should be able to handle both Puerto Rico and Venezuela. The Canadians got caught with their collective pants down against ARG but even then it took a heroic effort from Scola and some awful Canadian shooting to lose. I'll be stunned if they lose either game.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          Seriously, though, Canada should be able to handle both Puerto Rico and Venezuela. The Canadians got caught with their collective pants down against ARG but even then it took a heroic effort from Scola and some awful Canadian shooting to lose. I'll be stunned if they lose either game.
          All other teams are playing their starters 30ish minutes a game, so the fatigue will be slowly catching up with them.

Comment

• Three by stakus hopefully he keeps it up

Comment

• Nice, Stauskas coming around could be a big factor for this team.

Comment

• that foul on Powell is so unnecessary

Comment

• another one on Joseph... They need to have ejections in FIBA

Comment

• VEN player just tackled Joseph.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      VEN player just tackled Joseph.
                      And then kneed AB's nuts

Comment

• Total intimidation! Canadians are hearing footsteps on alley oops.

Comment

• Lewenberg is saying that teams eat all their meals together, cafeteria-style. lol.

Expect this tomorrow then:

Comment

• Playing to relaxed hope Powell is ok

Comment

• Thug play on Powell injury.

Comment

• Canada won 82-62
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X