Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    Well, I see that we won in OT from the Canada Basketball twitter feed, but I can't find a box score.
    http://www.kzs.si/index.php?id=114&g...n_id=89101#stf

Comment

• I was looking in and out through out .. First looked and healthy lead ending the game then looked again losing by 5 in overtime and then looked again and game was over and Canada won by 5

Comment

• Thanks. Looks like Olynyk had a huge game. 18 pts, 8 reb, 3 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk.

Comment

• Man I like how they do those box scores and how the highest stat is in red!

Good to see they pulled that out. Third of a back to back to back tomorrow!
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• I didn't know we had a guy named Phil Scrubb!

AHAHAHA
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
              I didn't know we had a guy named Phil Scrubb!

AHAHAHA
              But he's quite the opposite. Plays for Ottawa and is hands down the best youngster playing in Canada right now (I don't know if that says much)
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                I didn't know we had a guy named Phil Scrubb!

AHAHAHA
                Tommy Scrubb too.

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                  But he's quite the opposite. Plays for Ottawa and is hands down the best youngster playing in Canada right now (I don't know if that says much)
                  Ottawa!! Ottawa!!! He plays for Carleton. Saying that a Carleton player plays for Ottawa is like saying that a Buckeye plays for OU. More importantly, Scrubb is the only player in the CIS on the radar of NBA scouts (don't be surprised if he gets a number of summer league invites when he graduates).

Comment

• Canada has a 16 point lead with 6 minutes left in the game against Georgia. It must be tough for Bachynski and Nicholson to guard a load like Zaza in the post.

Box score can be found here: http://live.baskethotel.com/kzs/?&lang=1

Comment

• Canada wins 83-66. Balanced scoring with Brady Heslip (Triano's nephew) leading with 14 points.

Comment

missed it again. When's the next time we're playing?

Comment

• Schedule

Thurs. July 31st
                          Practice
                          Zlavoski Grad, Croatia

Game 4: Croatia vs. Canada
                          Zlavoski Grad, Croatia

Sat. August 2nd
                          Game 5: Croatia vs. Canada
                          Zlavoski Grad, Croatia

Sun. August 3rd
                          Game 6: Serbia vs. Canada
                          Trieste, Italy

Mon. August 4th
                          Game 7: Italy vs. Canada
                          Trieste, Italy

Tues. August 5th
                          Game 8: Bosnia vs. Canada
                          Trieste, Italy

Wed. August 6th
                          Game 9: Spain vs. Canada
                          Coruna, Spain

Thurs. August 7th
                          Off Day
                          Coruna, Spain

Fri. August 8th & Sat. 9th
                          Practice
                          Granada, Spain

Sun. August 10th
                          Game 10: Turkey vs. Canada
                          Granada, Spain

Mon. August 11th
                          Travel
                          Seville, Spain

Tues. August 12th
                          Game 11: Angola vs. Canada
                          Seville, Spain

Comment

• Dante Exum should get a lot of minutes for Australia in the World Cup of Basketball next month.

The Utah Jazz see the tournament as a great opportunity for their first round pick.

"We’ve had a lot of players ... that have used the national team to help develop their game as young players," Dennis Lindsey said. "We think this is ideal for Dante, who hasn’t had a lot of experience playing against men and certainly men that are much older and much more experienced. We think the national team during the early portion of his career will be very critical to his development."

Lindsey added, "The Australian Basketball Federation is excellent, very well coached. We’re really looking forward to him learning. We see this as a real win."

to bad Canadian's drafed this year didn't understand what Jazz understand .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                              Dante Exum should get a lot of minutes for Australia in the World Cup of Basketball next month.

The Utah Jazz see the tournament as a great opportunity for their first round pick.

"We’ve had a lot of players ... that have used the national team to help develop their game as young players," Dennis Lindsey said. "We think this is ideal for Dante, who hasn’t had a lot of experience playing against men and certainly men that are much older and much more experienced. We think the national team during the early portion of his career will be very critical to his development."

Lindsey added, "The Australian Basketball Federation is excellent, very well coached. We’re really looking forward to him learning. We see this as a real win."

to bad Canadian's drafed this year didn't understand what Jazz understand .
                              My understanding is that because Exum and Australia are playing in the World Cup, the NBA picks up the tab for insurance on NBA contracts of NBA players taking part in FIBA sanctioned events. The Canadian team, which did not qualify for the World Cup, is on a tour of Europe "friendlies" right now and Canada Basketball has to provide its' own insurance for the players for this non sanctioned tour. The word was that Tristan Thompson's insurance was too expensive for Basketball Canada this summer and perhaps Wiggins, Bennett, Stauskas and Ennis were not part of this current tour because of the financial burden of the insurance.

Comment

• NBA.com showing some respect today:

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/feature...=iref:nbahpt3c

Comment

Working...
                                X