Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF
    replied
    Canada jumps up 9 spots to 6th overall in the new FIBA rankings.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post
    Guys ... The U.S team had a roster full of NBA players and that got them 4th .. Trust me if you put Murray on this past summer's core and some help with rebounding we will be okay .. This core had a summer to play together in very big games and that chemistry will help them in the Olympics . Just filling up this roster with NBA players with ego's may result in more talent but the chemistry and sulking for playing time may do more harm then good . PG- Murray, SGA and Cujo is a great depth in Point guard .. I do think having Nembhard there is good for him to get experience for the next generation ..
    Yeah, there's only 12 teams in the Olympic tournament vs. 32 in the World Cup. Not much time to figure out pecking order, roles and get into a rhythm. We found a starting 5 that has great chemistry, so you probably want to stick with that as a baseline and bring in the new guys (Wiggins, Murray, TT) off the bench.

Also, Boucher doesn't strike me as a protoypical FIBA big, he doesn't have the bulk to bang and his BBIQ isn't the greatest. FIBA is a physical, thinking man's game.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Guys ... The U.S team had a roster full of NBA players and that got them 4th .. Trust me if you put Murray on this past summer's core and some help with rebounding we will be okay .. This core had a summer to play together in very big games and that chemistry will help them in the Olympics . Just filling up this roster with NBA players with ego's may result in more talent but the chemistry and sulking for playing time may do more harm then good . PG- Murray, SGA and Cujo is a great depth in Point guard .. I do think having Nembhard there is good for him to get experience for the next generation ..

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    We don’t even know who will be available next year. Way too early to think about the roster. What if Wiggins is injured or the Warriors make another deep playoff run?

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    Exactly we’re trying to win gold take the politics outta this

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Huge fail or Rowan Barretts part if he won't add Wiggins to the team. We're trying to win a gold medal, not hand out participation trophies to all the non-NBA guys that just made the team and contributed nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    I'd still want Powell on the team. Over Boucher for sure. Thompson would be good to have as well since size is such an issue. I'd drop Brissett to make room from your list above. So really it would be best 4 guys + one of Olynyk, Powell, or Thompson on the floor at all times as the center.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    Next summer my best potential lineup if everyone commits. If no Boucher we can switch with Thompson

PG- Murray, Nembhard, SGA
    SG- SGA, Barrett, Mathurin, Sharpe
    SF- Brooks, Barrett, Brissett, Sharpe
    PF- Wiggins, Brissett, Clarke,Boucher
    C- Olynyk, Clarke, Boucher

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post

Wiggins I think going from Wolves to Warriors is a custom to coming into a situation and fitting in .. This coach
    is comfortable sitting players and going with what works .. That is what I like about this coach ... What we need
    on this team is depth at the PG position . We can't have it when SGA is off the floor the talent disparagy is so
    great we get down by tons of points ..
    Murray and SGA will give us 40 minutes of elite PG play. The issue is still finding that veteran big man with high IQ. I think Tristan Thompson could work for a short tournament. You can question his off-court IQ, but TT has championship savvy and always seems to get those back-breaking, morale deflating offensive rebounds.

NeedTristanThompson The prophecy fulfilled.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    If Rowan is ok with his son playing off the bench than Wiggins will come
    Wiggins I think going from Wolves to Warriors is a custom to coming into a situation and fitting in .. This coach
    is comfortable sitting players and going with what works .. That is what I like about this coach ... What we need
    on this team is depth at the PG position . We can't have it when SGA is off the floor the talent disparagy is so
    great we get down by tons of points ..

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    I think we need to field the best team possible. We're trying to win Olympic gold. That's more important than rewarding the Scrubb brothers with a spot on the bench.

Wiggins is a big man by Canada standards, and we only have 2 legit big men, so we should def9add him if he'll play. He also just played for Canada recently when a lot of the guys from the world cup chose to sit out, so I think he deserves it just as much. Same with Tristan who has suited up for Canada in the past.

Boucher is a little harder to justify but we could definitely use his size so I'd add him too. At least bring him in to compete with the likes of Edey for a spot.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    If Rowan is ok with his son playing off the bench than Wiggins will come

Leave a comment:

• Shredder
    replied
    If Wiggins was battling for position between him and another guy equally talented that committed; then no I would say to Wiggins to kick rocks. If you're in; you're in for every summer. However for the Olympics, I'm bringing the best team we can. If that means Wiggins, or even Tristian Thompson, then I'm bringing those guys.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Some good Canada Basketball and Raptors content towards the end.

Blake Murphy: "Canada Basketball asked their guys for 3 year committments.... including Nick Nurse, ironically." Rowan Barrett is the real MVP.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X