Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • guyroch wrote: View Post
    The only way Canada gets first is if Mexico beats Argentina by 36 points ....
    That would be the scenario where by Mexico finishes first. Canada gets first by winning today and Mexico beats Argentina, but not by too much. Right, Octothorp?

    Comment


    • stretch wrote: View Post
      That would be the scenario where by Mexico finishes first. Canada gets first by winning today and Mexico beats Argentina, but not by too much. Right, Octothorp?
      There is more chance that Lloyd Christmas gets married with Mary Swanson

      Can somebody explain me this that seems to appear in every article ..

      Canada would need to close out the second round of group play with a win over the Dominican Republic, and hope that Mexico can beat Argentina by 35 points or less in order to wrap up first place heading into the Olympic qualifying tournament's semifinals

      " Mexico can beat Argentina by 35 points or less " what does this mean ... Less is 1 point
      Last edited by guyroch; Wed Sep 9, 2015, 11:49 AM.

      Comment


      • Canada has a good shot at first and avoiding Mexico or Argentina in the semi final but it needs help from Mexico.

        Comment


        • stretch wrote: View Post
          Canada has a good shot at first and avoiding Mexico or Argentina in the semi final but it needs help from Mexico.
          Argentina is the only team that worries me, so as long as Canada avoids them in the semis, I'll be happy.

          Comment


          • In 2013 FIBA America's ... Argentina beats Mexico by 20 points in first meeting but in playoffs the lost by 6 ... May mean nothing ,,,

            Comment


            • what happens if Argentina wins?

              Comment


              • Snooch wrote: View Post
                what happens if Argentina wins?
                That is the simple .. 1st place you can't get better then 7-0

                Comment


                • So... For Mexico to place first they need to beat Argentina by 36 points.
                  Canada needs to win against DR by as much as possible and hope for a Mexico win
                  Argentina needs to beat Mexico.

                  If we assume that Mexico will try to avoid Canada in the semifinals at all costs tonight's game could be pretty exciting.

                  Comment


                  • anyone know when the game is on?
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

                    Comment


                    • thead wrote: View Post
                      anyone know when the game is on?
                      For today vs Dominican Republic it's at 3:30 Eastern
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                      Comment


                      • guyroch wrote: View Post
                        There is more chance that Lloyd Christmas gets married with Mary Swanson

                        Can somebody explain me this that seems to appear in every article ..

                        Canada would need to close out the second round of group play with a win over the Dominican Republic, and hope that Mexico can beat Argentina by 35 points or less in order to wrap up first place heading into the Olympic qualifying tournament's semifinals

                        " Mexico can beat Argentina by 35 points or less " what does this mean ... Less is 1 point
                        If Argentina wins over Mexico, then the ranking would be:
                        1. Argentina (7-0)
                        2. Canada (6-1)
                        3. Mexico (5-2)

                        and Mexico will have to face Canada again in the semi's.

                        If Mexico beats Argentina (by a point differential of X), then all three teams would have the identical record of 6-1. The next tie-breaker is head-to-head point differential.

                        Canada has -7 against Argentina, +21 against Mexico, total +14
                        Argentina has +7 against Canada, -X against Mexico, total 7-X, so if Argentina lose they will not finish as top seed
                        Mexico has -21 against Canada, + X against Argentina, total X-21, the only way Mexico can finish with a point differential over 14 is to win by 36. We all know this would not happen, Mexico would be lucky to win tonight and they are definitely not blowing out Argentina.

                        Therefore, if Mexico can beat Argentina tonight, the mostly likely scenario would be:
                        1. Canada
                        2. Argentina
                        3. Mexico

                        Mexico probably don't want to face Canada in the semi, since they had absolutely no answer for Canada in last night's game, I would think they will try very hard to beat Argentina tonight.

                        As for Argentina, a win will guarantee them top seed and face the 4th seed team and avoid playing the host Mexico in the semi's, so they will also try really hard to win.

                        It will be a good game tonight for sure.
                        Last edited by jerome; Wed Sep 9, 2015, 07:58 PM.

                        Comment


                        • all of what I said above is based on the assumption Canada beating DR

                          Comment


                          • jerome wrote: View Post
                            all of what I said above is based on the assumption Canada beating DR
                            We stand a good chance if it was baseball we would be fawked

                            Comment


                            • Good game between Germany and Italy.

                              Comment


                              • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                Good game between Germany and Italy.
                                Italy spanked Spain the other day

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X